Statue Sideshow Rancor statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has to be fiberglass/resin if they list it as such right?

When they’re shipping it out, the materials section on the information page should be ‘fairly’ accurate, but that’s not to say everything on the page is accurate as I’ve found the dimensions listed to be incorrect on occasion. However when it’s just been listed for preorder, it’s then that you have to take everything with a grain of salt.

it is what I expected. they had to make it light. anyone who owns the GG version understands why. That is tiny in comparison, made of polystone, and exceptionally heavy. Imagine something triple the size in the same material.

I like the engineering behind this. first time ever as far as I am aware. I can live with the seams. Kind of blend in with his skin unless you look really close.

the paint still looks exceptionally mediocre to me. I am having the entire thing repainted to look more like the regal robat version.

still very happy to be getting this...I think the price is very fair...especially when you consider the RR is smaller and more than double the cost.

That is probably not slush cast, the standard back in the day was solid resin statues. They could have definitely done this in resin if they wanted to. Though if it is fiberglass though that's not a negative, fiberglass is a great material. I am a bit sketchy on this actually being fiberglass though.

It has to be fiberglass/resin if they list it as such right?

Eh. Though if you're worried about this being PVC I doubt it is. PVC would be a nightmare down the road if it is... I dunno if it's fiberglass though, from the one video I saw of it kinda seemed like it was abs.

Looks washed out comparing to the Gentle Giant excellent detail and paint.

bed62df7a04903e0fcaf1f2b033a06d1.jpg
jabba_gg_rancor.jpg

it is what I expected. they had to make it light. anyone who owns the GG version understands why. That is tiny in comparison, made of polystone, and exceptionally heavy. Imagine something triple the size in the same material.

I like the engineering behind this. first time ever as far as I am aware. I can live with the seams. Kind of blend in with his skin unless you look really close.

the paint still looks exceptionally mediocre to me. I am having the entire thing repainted to look more like the regal robat version.

still very happy to be getting this...I think the price is very fair...especially when you consider the RR is smaller and more than double the cost.

View attachment 506857
View attachment 506858

The reason why I might think it's abs is

1) Cause of the small bits of the interior I saw
2) The paint looks pretty much like the type of paint that applies to unprimed abs plastic

To give people an idea that is the same material they use in most "statues" that are included in video game collector's editions.

The fiberglass and resin Rancor Statue embodies the terrifying presence of the savage, salivating beast in an incredibly detailed collectible format.

The above statement is verbatim in the product description writeup. I can't believe Sideshow would be so bold as to use abs or pvc when they list fiberglass/resin in both the materials used section and the actual descriptive writeup of the product.

The fiberglass and resin Rancor Statue embodies the terrifying presence of the savage, salivating beast in an incredibly detailed collectible format.

The above statement is verbatim in the product description writeup. I can't believe Sideshow would be so bold as to use abs or pvc when they list fiberglass/resin in both the materials used section and the actual descriptive writeup of the product.

Well someone who gets it can figure it out maybe. All the materials look and feel quite different.

View attachment 506857
View attachment 506858
I think it's all about the terrible bright lighting in the review.

It will surely be lighter than this gentle giant statue but I must say that really looks dark.

I'm intending to place mine in a diorama that has some dimmed lighting, when it is too dark it won't do any good I believe.

I think it's all about the terrible bright lighting in the review.
I've seen it and he moves it a lot around. His is way too pale, maybe it's a defective unit.

Anyways the paintjob is subpar compared to the impressive prototype shown. I had that paintjob in my mind since, definitely not this one. I'll be looking forward to repaint it.

I've seen it and he moves it a lot around. His is way too pale, maybe it's a defective unit.

Anyways the paintjob is subpar compared to the impressive prototype shown. I had that paintjob in my mind since, definitely not this one. I'll be looking forward to repaint it.
I'll just wait until I see it in person, before looking forward to any other actions.

Maybe my standards are too low, but I still really think it looks amazing.

Not sure if these were posted here, but these are the pics I saw on FB. If I had space I would love to have this.

726ffb0a15bcdb54f7db5a116ee7bded.jpg

6e2ccb8063d575eab85ffdef2e8726ed.jpg
What page was this on,can you recall that?

Thanks for posting this, the more I see of it the more excited I get.

You're forgetting to mention your magnifying glass I think [emoji28] (kidding of course)

If I would have such problems with this statue I would cancel it.

Jabba also has the seams but I'm just having no problem at all with those, and they are much more in sight.

Back