Statue Sideshow Rancor statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shipping charge for me is $128.86 via UPS

Yeah the email I received didn't list a shipping charge but now that I pull up my order the shipping charge is a little over $150. This thing must be gigantic? The only other item I have bought that cost around this much was the Blitzway Ecto-1 and that was basically a refrigerator.

I just got charging notice for Monday the 22nd :panic:

No shipping charge yet given, still listed as TBD.

Awesome! Can?t wait to see some in hand shots/vids from collectors. Took me a couple months before ordering so I probably won?t get a notice until March?:dunno
Very excited for this piece :bounce

good to see he is on the way soon. I ordered locally (no taxes and no shipping) so I will likely have to wait awhile...my guy just got the P1 ivy in two weeks ago.

Thank you! I'm really loving this one!

Video could use some shots with better lighting though, to show details the bright light is ok but I think this monster will shine much more in appropriate lighted setting!

It looks pretty awesome! Interesting way to assemble it but I guess based on the size and the Rancor's stance a traditional statue probably wouldn't work. It does look perhaps a bit too tan/not brown enough but as you said it could be the bright lighting of the review. I would like to see it in a darker setting with some shadow lighting. Kind of a bummer the packaging is so cheap. I'm very excited to finally get this!

It looks pretty awesome! Interesting way to assemble it but I guess based on the size and the Rancor's stance a traditional statue probably wouldn't work. It does look perhaps a bit too tan/not brown enough but as you said it could be the bright lighting of the review. I would like to see it in a darker setting with some shadow lighting. Kind of a bummer the packaging is so cheap. I'm very excited to finally get this!
I agree, the packaging could surely be better, I really hope no issues arise when people unbox theirs.

The lighting has proved to make a lot of difference, remember the Sideshow guys showing it off in really bright light?

They then got a lot of questions about the rancor being too light of colour. I believe this is the same thing.

The way to build it up looks good and steady to me, parts can't just fall off this way.

I hope we can judge ourselves very soon!

It is large and impressive, sadly it's also plastic with a fair few visible seems (Two of my biggest No no's!) I never did order it, I'd cancel if I had, but this is why I wait for in hand reviews now so no loss.

It is large and impressive, sadly it's also plastic with a fair few visible seems (Two of my biggest No no's!) I never did order it, I'd cancel if I had, but this is why I wait for in hand reviews now so no loss.
I had the same opinion, until I ordered the Sideshow Jabba.

The seams will probably only be a 'problem' when you are face to face with this beast.

The material part I don't really understand. When it was polystone, you would have to have a forklift to move it around, even putting it together would be really hard.

Ah well,I must be biased anyway, just being really excited about this piece.

I had the same opinion, until I ordered the Sideshow Jabba.

The seams will probably only be a 'problem' when you are face to face with this beast.

The material part I don't really understand. When it was polystone, you would have to have a forklift to move it around, even putting it together would be really hard.

Ah well,I must be biased anyway, just being really excited about this piece.

It’s due to association. When a lot of people think of a ‘statue’ they think of something heavy. But when it’s light as a feather we think of a kids toy etc.

Though given the sculpt and size of the object it’s no surprise the arms themselves are made out of a lighter material, but as to the rest of the statue?

If Sideshow had made it heavier, I’m not sure that would’ve increased the shipping costs as the dimensional weight would more or less be the same wouldn’t it?

It?s due to association. When a lot of people think of a ?statue? they think of something heavy. But when it?s light as a feather we think of a kids toy etc.

Though given the sculpt and size of the object it?s no surprise the arms themselves are made out of a lighter material, but as to the rest of the statue?

If Sideshow had made it heavier, I?m not sure that would?ve increased the shipping costs as the dimensional weight would more or less be the same wouldn?t it?
I'm not sure if that would increase shipping cost, but I can't see me handling a statue of this size when it weighs a ton.

That said, he states in the review it is pvc, but on the sideshow site it says fiberglass / resin so I believe this already leads to some misunderstanding. :)

X factor is the right word - wow!

But yeah, his video looks like it's been output in RAW - so washed out it's ridiculous.

I'm sure in hand will be jaw-dropping!

Looks like it has the same finish as Jabba 2.0 and Salacious Crumb.

Up close they're shiny, plasticky and cheap looking, lacking any fine detail, but from further back appear fine.

it is what I expected. they had to make it light. anyone who owns the GG version understands why. That is tiny in comparison, made of polystone, and exceptionally heavy. Imagine something triple the size in the same material.

I like the engineering behind this. first time ever as far as I am aware. I can live with the seams. Kind of blend in with his skin unless you look really close.

the paint still looks exceptionally mediocre to me. I am having the entire thing repainted to look more like the regal robat version.

still very happy to be getting this...I think the price is very fair...especially when you consider the RR is smaller and more than double the cost.

Man, that lighting makes the Rancor look anaemic! I prefer the RR but can understand that may be an unfair comparison given the price point.

It’s due to association.

It's due to me having paid a lot of money for Sideshows Wolf Predator LSB. Only for them to ship out a piece of cheap, nasty tat. That thing was unbelievable, I won't touch anything made out of PVC ever again (Not that they told us the wolf was plastic in the first place) That said, it is possible that the reviewer was wrong and this may actually be fiberglass which would definitely be preferable to plastic.

It's due to me having paid a lot of money for Sideshows Wolf Predator LSB. Only for them to ship out a piece of cheap, nasty tat. That thing was unbelievable, I won't touch anything made out of PVC ever again (Not that they told us the wolf was plastic in the first place) That said, it is possible that the reviewer was wrong and this may actually be fiberglass which would definitely be preferable to plastic.

It has to be fiberglass/resin if they list it as such right?

Back