Sideshow Raiders Indy on sale at Starwarsshop.com

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bang for the buck

As I said when I first replyed to the thread the 1/2 price was about what the figure was worth. I was serious about HAVING to swap out the horrendously loose body. (which you did albeit for a resonably priced replacement). I don't happen to like th molded whip or sandbag. Some of the other upgrades, Im being a little sarcastic.

Your figure looks GREAT from the photos, but you should'nt HAVE to tweak a $ 90 fig.
A nice group of kitbashable items for $ 54?--- maybe so

The loose Prometeus body--- a sin and a shame

Jim

Jimmy C, I think you're being overly negative on what is a great figure with a little tweaking. I swapped out the SS body with a $14 Saturday Toys body, painted the stubble and darkened up his eyes. I got mine for $54 from hastings, so I spent a grand total of $68 to get this:

indyss6.jpg

The HT will end up being $200, and I doubt that it will be THREE times better...

Actually, yes. Hats compact hair. You either have to make the hair indented, thus not suitable for display sans chapeau, or hat too large to make a removable hat (see the HT Hans Landa). Further the best hats are solid sculpts, so a removable hat means more paint wear on the hair/inside of the hat.

Commonly referred to as "hat hair"
Frontline has made a series of heads from Good Bad and Ugly. Each character is cast as a full head or a second choice is head with "hat hair" and a removable hat. So you can have one Clint Eastwood with his signature coif or you can have him wear a removable hat as he did in the film. If on coffee break Clint had taken off his hat I'm sure you would have seen "hat hair" not the coif.
Frontline had also done 2 versions of Indy as a head-hat combo.

In Raiders, while we see Indy hatless while in his professor suit, and his German disguise, I don't believe we ever see him in his khakis and/or leather without the hat . Remeber the mechanic knock him down.
We DO see him wear it (tip it) different ways e.g. while switching the sandbag for the idol.
I believe that separate removable hats are endemic to 1:6 scale (GI Joe type) figures.
Solid sculpt attached hat is fine for a stiff paintable vinyl or resin model-- but not for our type of figure.
Since SS chose to give us 2 heads, my preference would have been the "hat hair" Jones with a hat that fit his head or a softer more pliable & flexible (if less accurate ) hat for the full hair sculpt.
NOT a hat for him to "hold in his hand"

Jim
ps: re: "coif" my wife had to tell me how to spell it:wink1:

Bang for the buck

As I said when I first replyed to the thread the 1/2 price was about what the figure was worth. I was serious about HAVING to swap out the horrendously loose body. (which you did albeit for a resonably priced replacement). I don't happen to like th molded whip or sandbag. Some of the other upgrades, Im being a little sarcastic.

Your figure looks GREAT from the photos, but you should'nt HAVE to tweak a $ 90 fig.
A nice group of kitbashable items for $ 54?--- maybe so

The loose Prometeus body--- a sin and a shame

Jim

That seems a reasonable argument to me. I do like the wired whip, but could certainly see people's desire for a braided vinyl or cloth replica.

Interestingly, the SS body I have on my KOTCS Indy and one on Henry Sr. are nice and tight. I still ended up modifying the KOTCS, but that cost $1 and and hour's work to get it where I wanted it.

In Raiders, while we see Indy hatless while in his professor suit, and his German disguise, I don't believe we ever see him in his khakis and/or leather without the hat

There is but one scene in Raiders when he does appear this way, i.e, in "Imam's" house, when he is almost the victim of bad dates. Alas, I don't see anyone releasing a 1/6 Imam or treacherous monkey anytime soon.

Starwarsshop.com has the TOD Machete Replica for $109.49. If you go directly to the Noble collections website, the folks who manufactured this thing, they are selling the same thing for $87.50.

Back