Sideshow Raiders Indy on sale at Starwarsshop.com

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, 50% off. . . that's crazy.

Well, I mean, they made like 9,000 of them, so no wonder they're rotting, even at Star Wars' peak, back when it was Jedi after Jedi, they barely got that high.

Wow. I finally bought SS Indiana Jones. $49.94 total! Thank you for posting this notice.

Now that I have not one, but two custom Marion Ravenwood heads, I want a credible Indy sooner rather than later (I do have one of Sovereign Studios early customs which has some nice parts I can salvage, especially the whip and bag). He is not my favourite character by any means, but he is very iconic and will make a neat addition to my collection.

I will repaint the head, follow Darren Carnall's wonderful mods and be happy for a little over a quarter the price of Hot Toys.

Finally I can justify getting one and making a Temple of Doom into to stand next to my Thuggee Guard. And make either a map room indy or indy in disguise figure. Though I dont know which one

Seriously, for all the accessories alone!

eg. the plastic rolled whip
the plastic straight whipe
the molded plastic sandbag
the 12th incarnation of the golden idol
the extra hat that did'nt fit on the extra head

top notch stuff

The extra hat wasn't ment to fit the head. It was for him to hold. He already came with a head that had a hat on it :duh

The extra hat wasn't ment to fit the head. It was for him to hold. He already came with a head that had a hat on it :duh

...because there are so many iconic scenes of Indy in his adventurer outfit holding his fedora.

:confused:

Jim

Probably about what it's worth. Remember you will defineately have to replace the loose body with a $ 40 Hot Toys body and that body will need a pair of shoes. $ 14 Newlines maybe. Oh and maybe you'll want $ 500 worth of Kato's replacement clothes.
you might want to hire a customizer to repaint that great sculpt.

enjoy

Jim

Or just enjoy it for what it is and stop chasing perfection in a toy...

That is why the one with the hat on his his is included!!!

LoL

So what was the use of an extra head and and extra hat that don't work together ?

Would it have been so difficult to sculpt a head and a removable hat---somewhere in the set that fit together ?
Every other SS set works that way----Toht, Henry, Belloq, Freddy Kruger, Lon Chaney Jr as Talbot as well as Medicom's Indy, Johnny West and every other sixth scale fig

btw that same site has the Medicom Jones $ 75
I don't own one so I can't comment on the quality. Probably will wait for HT

Jim

Jimmy C, I think you're being overly negative on what is a great figure with a little tweaking. I swapped out the SS body with a $14 Saturday Toys body, painted the stubble and darkened up his eyes. I got mine for $54 from hastings, so I spent a grand total of $68 to get this:

indyss6.jpg

The HT will end up being $200, and I doubt that it will be THREE times better...

LoL

So what was the use of an extra head and and extra hat that don't work together ?

Would it have been so difficult to sculpt a head and a removable hat---somewhere in the set that fit together ?
Every other SS set works that way----Toht, Henry, Belloq, Freddy Kruger, Lon Chaney Jr as Talbot as well as Medicom's Indy, Johnny West and every other sixth scale fig

btw that same site has the Medicom Jones $ 75
I don't own one so I can't comment on the quality. Probably will wait for HT

Jim

And they don't look as good for it. I have both Medicom & Sideshow Indy's...Sideshow's is better by a long shot.

Actually, yes. Hats compact hair. You either have to make the hair indented, thus not suitable for display sans chapeau, or hat too large to make a removable hat (see the HT Hans Landa). Further the best hats are solid sculpts, so a removable hat means more paint wear on the hair/inside of the hat.

I ordered the Mutt Williams sword replica. It's a Noble Collection piece and I have a pretty cool display in mind for it.

The Sideshow Indy was a steal at the sale price. I paid full price for mine -but don't regret it one bit. It's an awesome figure.

Back