Sideshow Qui-Gon on Robot Chicken

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Starwars.com has a trailer for the Robot Chicken episode of Star Wars coming in June, and it has the Sideshow Qui-Gon in it. Pretty cool looking, I want the set the built for tehscene! Come on Sideshow, give us some environments!

Buttmunch said:
So I wonder if this means there will be more Sideshow figures being used? Luke? Do you have a link to the pic?

There have been a few Sideshow pieces used so far... Buffy and Oz immediately spring to mind... and I believe some of the Uni Monsters and others.

Sorry but Obi kicking Luke in the nuts is the best:rotfl

Hi---- la---------ri-----------ous.

Of course it will make us (SS Collectors) incredibly jealous now that we see those possible diorama backdrops.:monkey2

Thats some great stuff... although at least two of those bits (Bush Vs Lincoln and the Emperor on the phone) were from earlier episodes. I was hoping this was all new stuff.

my favorite robot chicken skit is the one with the guy taking a dump and the monster comes in. after the monster tries to access the guy's stall, he uses the one next to him. all hell breaks loose and then the monster reaches under the partition and motions for some tp. afterwards you see the stall he was in and it's ripped to shreds with feces all over the walls. sick stuff!

lcummins said:
There have been a few Sideshow pieces used so far... Buffy and Oz immediately spring to mind... and I believe some of the Uni Monsters and others.

I haven't seen every episode of Robot Chicken, but the times I have seen SMG or Seth Green show up they were custom figures, not SS. Most of the figures used on the show are 1/8th scale. A company called Plastic Earth does a lot of the heads. If you go to adultswim.com they use to have a video that showed how they made the bodies and at the end they show a Seth Green figure with a Plastic Earth head on it. I think PE has a lot of the heads they did pictured on their site. I recently met two of the artist who work with PE on the show. The stuff they do is pretty impressive considering the production schedule and size of the heads. Looking forward to the special, and season 3 of the show.

That is definately SSC Qui-Gon. Don't think the body was though..

I really can't wait to see this. :rock

yruh8n said:
I haven't seen every episode of Robot Chicken, but the times I have seen SMG or Seth Green show up they were custom figures, not SS. Most of the figures used on the show are 1/8th scale. A company called Plastic Earth does a lot of the heads. If you go to adultswim.com they use to have a video that showed how they made the bodies and at the end they show a Seth Green figure with a Plastic Earth head on it. I think PE has a lot of the heads they did pictured on their site. I recently met two of the artist who work with PE on the show. The stuff they do is pretty impressive considering the production schedule and size of the heads. Looking forward to the special, and season 3 of the show.

Check this clip from an early episode... Buffy appears near the end. That is definitely a Sideshow Buffy, and I've seen several others as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX7Z1ebjWlQ

there's was an episode where they used ToyBiz's Marvel Legend series figures. I found it pretty funny.

This episode is gonna be f@#kin' awesome!!! I already love the show, now combine that with one of my all time favorite things...

Robot Chicken + Star Wars = Instant Classic!!! :rock

lcummins said:
Check this clip from an early episode... Buffy appears near the end. That is definitely a Sideshow Buffy, and I've seen several others as well.

You are right that is the SS Buffy with the crossbow. However the girl on the left in the scene after that is the 1/8th scale custom SMG. Can't tell from the preview about the Qui-Gon. The body movement looks like the custom foam body they use for animation, which is 1/8th scale from what I've read. Last season they had a custom of Liam Neeson as Ducard from Batman Begins that was a dead on the money likeness. Could be they moded that, or maybe they have a new body. Sometimes the stuff flashes by so fast on the screen it's hard to tell. A lot of people (myself included) assumed that the Napolean Dynamite head from a season one episode was from the Macfarlane figure, but it was also made by PE. The PE website has pics of heads they have done, must be close to 200 different sculpts. I couldn't believe that most of the sculpts were done in less than 8 hours. Would love to see what that company could do with a 12 inch figure line.

Most of the stuff they use are modified Dr. Mego bodies. Sometimes with foam parts for better articulation. But they mix in Barbie bodies too.

Back