Premium Format Sideshow Psylocke PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Psylocke PF.. Link to waitlist & buy in 1st post. Support the board!.

I got a message from SS about my replacement request. They asked to break the pieces first. Is that normal?

If this is your first one, it's normal. On all future replacements it is done after.

Not true. I've never been asked to break a piece before receiving the replacement. Email back and explain that you don't want to receive a replacement that looks worse than your original item.

I had a question related to the paint crack issue. I'm not an expert (or any knowledge) of paint so please go easy on me.

How long does it take for paint to crack? My base has a similar crack design to the pictures I have seen with paint cracks. However, it's not faded nor peeling like most have shown. It just has the design. I don't even know if it's even paint crack. Any help is appreciated

I had a question related to the paint crack issue. I'm not an expert (or any knowledge) of paint so please go easy on me.

How long does it take for paint to crack? My base has a similar crack design to the pictures I have seen with paint cracks. However, it's not faded nor peeling like most have shown. It just has the design. I don't even know if it's even paint crack. Any help is appreciated

oh man that doesnt look good, i think the base is all airbrushed it shouldnt have those kind of lines. No idea how long until it actually cracks open, maybe temperature/humidity has to do with it as well.

maybe some paint expert can chime in...

Thanks for the response gagaliya. Appreciate it :)

I made the decision to keep it. It's been 30 days and no cracks at all. I don't think it'll crack anymore IMO. The crack design is only shown if you put it on direct light. So I'm taking the chance here and keep this one instead of possibly receiving a flawed replacement

I don't know....you can keep the base while asking for a replacement. And don't destroy the base until you get a new one of course. Its not like the head. Doesn't hurt to ask or else you'll regrets it later. Worse case, they'll denied you.

looks like we are in the same boat, let me know once yours ship and i will do the same.

All right.

The seller have not shipped my statue yet. What about your seller?

oh man that doesnt look good, i think the base is all airbrushed it shouldnt have those kind of lines. No idea how long until it actually cracks open, maybe temperature/humidity has to do with it as well.

maybe some paint expert can chime in...

Paint will crack over time if it is too thick. When first sprayed, it looks great, even for weeks or months, but in time, it can crack like a dry riverbed.

The cracks are on my base. It's been a month and no issues. I'm confident it might stay

finally got it today, didnt even know it was shipped, noone tells me anything... :monkey2

anyway said a little prayer and opened her up, then examined under a giant light for paint peelings. No issues!

been a long wait but overall i am satisfied... just need the lara pf coming next week to flank snakeeye's other side to finish up this shelf.

victory!

psylock.jpg

psylock2.jpg

I like the picture with snake eyes, should add him to X Force.

finally got it today, didnt even know it was shipped, noone tells me anything... :monkey2

anyway said a little prayer and opened her up, then examined under a giant light for paint peelings. No issues!

been a long wait but overall i am satisfied... just need the lara pf coming next week to flank snakeeye's other side to finish up this shelf.

victory!

psylock.jpg

psylock2.jpg

Damn nice pic there. Snake eyes look like a PF statue. Look at his size.

Hay guys, i was able to snag a reg of her ultra cheap from someone.

I noticed when i opened her up, she was wrapped in plastic bags with white plastic inside of those. Is this common now? cause i never seen white plastic on a statue before.

Almost all plastic has fumes/odor to it and i am wondering if that plastic is reacting to the paint some sort of way. For example if you pull the plastic off a roll and place it around the statue, then put a plastic bag on it, then pack it up. No place for the fumes to escape and just seeps into the paint.

Just a theory cause even a harsh chemical like acetone fumes can strip paint or mess it up.

I had mine for 2 weeks now she was perfect when I opened her. But after 2 weeks she has now develop a crack on her leg and my base is loaded with spider web cracks. Why sideshow? What kind of paint did you use on them? For 300.00 plus dollars I do not want a damage statue.

I had mine for 2 weeks now she was perfect when I opened her. But after 2 weeks she has now develop a crack on her leg and my base is loaded with spider web cracks. Why sideshow? What kind of paint did you use on them? For 300.00 plus dollars I do not want a damage statue.

19540609.jpg

Last edited:

bugs-cant-control-himself.gif

I have to laugh because in addition to the paint cracks on her leg, I noticed the base has developed the spider webbing cracks over the last week or so. Time to make another call to Sideshow to add a replacement base to my current replacement body order. :banana

damn! mine was perfect but i just noticed some small paint cracks on her leg. it's not too bad but if it develops further, im gonna be pissed!

Soon or later there will be no more replacement body.

found spider web cracks on the base today...I was considering repainting the statue but I did not want to have to repaint the base as well, I think I will be returning her for a refund, very annoying she was a great statue.

Latest posts

Back