Premium Format Sideshow Psylocke PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Psylocke PF.. Link to waitlist & buy in 1st post. Support the board!.

Congrats Bro. and good luck on your replacement

Mine just shipped, pray for me fellas!!! :pray:

Ski

Bar%20Exam%20Lolcats%20Facebook%20Abovethelaw%20Above%20the%20Law%20blog.jpg

Just received mine today #369 of 750. Absolutely love it, I went with the regular head but I'm torn between the two swords or her fist psy sword.

Only issue I have is a little bit of sloppy paint app for the bands around her legs and I don't know how else to describe it other than just scratches revealing the base paint underneath. Is it possible to touch up this paint myself without it looking amatuerish? As far as small paint splotches is it possible to clean that off without removing the skin color like taking the hair color that got on the shoulder. Fortunately most of this is on the back of the statue and not the front. Maybe I'm just being overly critical.

As soon as I can find my camera I'll take some pictures of it; my phones camera isnt all that great for macro photos.

I got her today. Had a broken piece of hair on the reg fringe snapped off and held on by the wire but it pushed back into place and it is already hard to notice and I figure I can touch it up and not worry about it. It's an awesome PF.

That looks great. Imagine Colossus in the back!! That image makes me wanna pick up wolverine too. I never got him cuz of the pjs but he's really starting to grow on me.

Thanks. Colossus will look great with them. And I will agree Wolvie's PJs should have been a different material, but the PF is still my Wolverine statue of choice.

They all look so good together and you're right. Hopefully we'll get a Beast & Jubliee somewhere down the road.

I hope so. I'd like a complete Blue Team.

Only issue I have is a little bit of sloppy paint app for the bands around her legs

The leg bands on mine don't look terrible but I wish they were painted better. They're the only detractor for an otherwise amazing statue.

Well just got my reg psylocke and i got to say....amazing. I was a little worried after rogue but when they get it right, they knock it out of the park. I feel much more confident about getting arthas and skaar now!

Just received mine today #369 of 750. Absolutely love it, I went with the regular head but I'm torn between the two swords or her fist psy sword.

Only issue I have is a little bit of sloppy paint app for the bands around her legs and I don't know how else to describe it other than just scratches revealing the base paint underneath. Is it possible to touch up this paint myself without it looking amatuerish? As far as small paint splotches is it possible to clean that off without removing the skin color like taking the hair color that got on the shoulder. Fortunately most of this is on the back of the statue and not the front. Maybe I'm just being overly critical.

As soon as I can find my camera I'll take some pictures of it; my phones camera isnt all that great for macro photos.

If you mask the area perfectly, along with covering the rest of the statue and spray the bands with the right paint, they will look perfect. Don't paint without masking tape. If you are careful enough, you could try sanding the paint blotches off of the skin with 2000 or so grit sandpaper. You would need to only sand the color you want to get off. Since the paint on the skin is flat, it should not be too noticeable. You could try drybrushing it too.

I got my EX yesterday and didn't have time to open it. From the looks of everyone’s pics I'm super excited for this one. :blissy I must make some time to open this tonight. So far I'm 0-5 for breakage/flaws this year, :pray: this one will be the one to break my losing streak.

I got my EX yesterday and didn't have time to open it. From the looks of everyone’s pics I'm super excited for this one. :blissy I must make some time to open this tonight. So far I'm 0-5 for breakage/flaws this year, :pray: this one will be the one to break my losing streak.

Well, crossing fingers and hoping for the best. Also, grats on getting her.

She is great.

and there we go again, replacement mail is on his way :(
lately I get the feeling that we can't get any undamaged piece from SSC anymore :(

Scored 30 of 1500...yay...on the down side the body needs to be replaced :( Cracked paint that is about to chip off if touched on the front upper side of her left leg. I'll be sending in photos to sideshow and...well...fingers crossed.

Yeah my place is full of sideshow stuff :) and half a garage filled with the ones that wont fit anywhere :)

I remember collecting all of the star wars New Hope era premium formats and having that excitement when opening the box...no thought of looking it over for faults at all (kid on Christmas)...it was all just pure excitement and warm and fuzzy feelings :)

Now days...and I have all the marvel premiums so far...I open the box in a semi numb state and first order of business is to check all over for faults :( only IF I don't find any does that warm and fuzzy feeling start to emerge. When I saw Psylocke's leg my reaction was "oh well, here we go again", quite used to it now. I did however take the time to scrunch up the 'quality control' sticker....twice.

Manufacturing faults are expected with a company as large and as busy as Sideshow...quality control is also expected, I don't know how someone can look at her leg and pass that?

I have faith that they will sort it and continue to love their products :) It's just a little disappointing at times.

Give us back our warm and fuzzies Sideshow!!! :(

That's basically the same problem with mine. Replacement is coming in tomorrow though. My primary concern though is if the defects (flaking) would arise later on. :dunno

Waiting on body replacement as well. common area for most peeps. also hoping for ex head replacement too.

IMG_0003.jpg

I waited to long on my black panther PF and he had massive paint chips flaking off in less then a year. won't be making this mistake again.

Back