Sideshow Premium Art Prints Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why aren't Sideshow pumping out Marvel MCU prints? As a non comic reader I just can't justify burning money on these renditions that I'm not attached to. Thanos and Iron Man, hell even an Avengers Assemble MCU prints would sell like hot cakes. I'm guessing it would have to do with actor likeness fees? (They did do a Hela Ragnarok one which I love, but I can't justify paying out the ass for an Olivia print of her given how overrated I thought that movie was/ how poorly underused her character was).

I'd kill for a Thanos Infinity War print that I could display with an Infinity Gauntlet, or a Mark 3 suit up print to pair with an Iron Man bust.

Why aren't Sideshow pumping out Marvel MCU prints? As a non comic reader I just can't justify burning money on these renditions that I'm not attached to. Thanos and Iron Man, hell even an Avengers Assemble MCU prints would sell like hot cakes. I'm guessing it would have to do with actor likeness fees? (They did do a Hela Ragnarok one which I love, but I can't justify paying out the ass for an Olivia print of her given how overrated I thought that movie was/ how poorly underused her character was).

I'd kill for a Thanos Infinity War print that I could display with an Infinity Gauntlet, or a Mark 3 suit up print to pair with an Iron Man bust.

Im with you on that. They announced the collaboration with andy park (ragnarok), ryan meindering (black panther) and adi granov. I was pretty sure we would see a IW concept art print by now. Im kinda still sure its coming lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do those places do a good job? I used to get my prints framed at Aarons Brothers and thought they were great because they did a great job and the print never left the store. I had no idea that Aaron Brothers was owned by Michaels and that they all recently closed until I went to get something framed last week.

I was under the impression that Michaels and Hobby Lobby send the framing out to be done. Is that the case? I have two prints that I need to get framed and I'm at a loss as to where to go now that AB is gone.

Both my local Hobby Lobby and Michael's do their framing in house. I can't speak for other stores.

Hobby Lobby does the better job of the two IMO. I've gotten to know one of the framers, Crystal, pretty well and she likes to see my new prints, posters, etc.. :)

Both my local Hobby Lobby and Michael's do their framing in house. I can't speak for other stores.

Hobby Lobby does the better job of the two IMO. I've gotten to know one of the framers, Crystal, pretty well and she likes to see my new prints, posters, etc.. :)

Thanks for the input! I'll give Hobby Lobby a try.

uuu :hi5:

------

I went ahead and ordered the Spider-verse, no regrets, used all my Sideshow rewards, and luckily, thanks to the reduced cost, didn't pay any customs too, it's arriving tomorrow

I'm not one bit enthusiastic about the framing journey in Turkey tho, my last framing adventure was in primary school, 20 years ago

I like the double bordered design of the Sideshow's frames, are they actually double rectangular borders? My quest is to mimic the design 1:1 if I can get it done

uuu :hi5:

------

I went ahead and ordered the Spider-verse, no regrets, used all my Sideshow rewards, and luckily, thanks to the reduced cost, didn't pay any customs too, it's arriving tomorrow

I'm not one bit enthusiastic about the framing journey in Turkey tho, my last framing adventure was in primary school, 20 years ago

I like the double bordered design of the Sideshow's frames, are they actually double rectangular borders? My quest is to mimic the design 1:1 if I can get it done

I wish you all the best in your quest! :duff

I think the most important part of the framing needs to be the glass.
Always go UV otherwise the print will fade if it’s anywhere need light. Doesn’t have to be direct lighting, just a well lit room and sun reflection will fade it.

wMQ3h2E0SoO2Vo14%25LrQ.jpg

The customs kinda ruined it, could be from the bubble wrap pushing down on the print too

500461_press03.jpg

How do they achieve that white line between the borders by the way?

It looks like a 2 piece dark gray border, but putting one piece of dark gray border, and a white rectangular piece on top of it would be easier, but from the picture, it seems like the white part is the picture itself

Would appreciate a closer actual picture if anyone has a sideshow framed art print

Edit: By inspecting other framed prints, I assume it's a coloured cardboard (in this case, white coloured, as the canvas itself), and 2 piece of borders glued onto it

Requesting opinions for the frame design

A) As clear from the photo in this review: https://morethanjustreviews.com/201...ja-turtles-classic-variant-premium-art-print/ - Sideshow seems to go with a 2 layer, 3 mat approach, basically there's one layer below for the accent color, and 2 pieces up top for the dark gray/black border

B) I consulted a framer nearby, he suggested a 3 layer, simpler approach, basically a dark gray bottom layer, white middle layer, and another dark gray top layer, you still get that white line in the middle, but dimension-wise, there's more heft

I'm probably going with (B) I don't know whether he can replicate (A) - and since (A) seems pretty complicated, I don't want to risk things, (B) is safer anyway, but since the art print is going to be farther away from the glass, it could reduce the overall quality, what do you guys think?

They should do :

Dirty Harry
Kellys Heroes
Horror Express
Delta Force
Masters of Universe movie

Re: Sideshow Announcing new Premium Art Prints collection

They should be doing that at the very least.

People just doesn't seem to understand that if you can dent the tube with your fingers then it's not solid enough to be used for shipping purposes , in essence a tube should be solid enough that you could use it as a weapon lol

(I don't have patience anymore with sellers who do not pack posters properly and they arrive creased/damaged , very annoying !)

"The type of paper being used"

It's sad to see old italian movie posters , many have faded due to cheap paper stock :(

Back