Sideshow Premium Art Prints Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Announcing new Premium Art Prints collection

It'll be interesting to see if the hype is over and some unframed ones are left for Monday.

ES at 400 with a price tag of $425. I really want this print but the price is keeping me from ordering. :gah:

I know I said this was a dat one PO but my wallet is fighting me on this one! :panic: :lol

Do it, you know you don't want to miss on such a gorgeous print, just do it [emoji6]

Sideshow prints are worse than driving a new car off the lot in terms of depreciation. WW print for $425 framed is highway robbery. Once you drive it off the lot it's maybe worth $50. These are, in effect, mass produced signed posters in crappy frames. The profit on these has to be insane as they're are just printing money. At this point these prints are Sideshow's Bitcoin, but without the real-world value. I wonder if, or when, people will finally wake up to how much they're over-paying on these. People always complain about statues being too expensive, but don't realize this is much worse.

$425? In terms of framed fine art and hand signed by the artist, it's not out of the question in the art world by far. For me personally, spending just $75 more and having the statue, then having an artist at a convention sketch something for less and frame that is the more attractive option. There's no denying these are very nice prints. Those who have the cash, great. I need to be more careful though. I'm not saying I'll never buy one of their prints. I really really like several of them! If I have to choose between the statue and the print though, I'm personally more likely to buy the statue and figure something else out for any accompanying wall art.

$425? In terms of framed fine art and hand signed by the artist, it's not out of the question in the art world by far. For me personally, spending just $75 more and having the statue, then having an artist at a convention sketch something for less and frame that is the more attractive option. There's no denying these are very nice prints. Those who have the cash, great. I need to be more careful though. I'm not saying I'll never buy one of their prints. I really really like several of them! If I have to choose between the statue and the print though, I'm personally more likely to buy the statue and figure something else out for accompanying art.

I spent $200 retail for a print two weeks ago. It all depends on the artist. Space Invader did a drop on Wednesday that was $1600 a print

Sideshow prints are worse than driving a new car off the lot in terms of depreciation. WW print for $425 framed is highway robbery. Once you drive it off the lot it's maybe worth $50. These are, in effect, mass produced signed posters in crappy frames. The profit on these has to be insane as they're are just printing money. At this point these prints are Sideshow's Bitcoin, but without the real-world value. I wonder if, or when, people will finally wake up to how much they're over-paying on these. People always complain about statues being too expensive, but don't realize this is much worse.

$50 eh you cant buy any of the SSC framed prints, even the fake penciled ones for that amount on the after market. I get your point but you went a little overboard. Also my definition of mass production differs from yours greatly.. If these were readily available at walmart or target like other posters then i'd agree

$50 eh you cant buy any of the SSC prints, even the fake penciled ones for that amount on the after market. I get your point but you went a little overboard. Also my definition of mass production differs from yours greatly.. If these were readily available at walmart or target like other posters then i'd agree

These definitely aren't mass produced in any way

How much would it cost to
- Find a print you like
- Get it shipped
- Track down the artist at a convention or location near you
- Pay for travel and possible expenses
- wait in line
- Pay for framing.

Bah to much. Ill just let SS do it for me. All of my non collector friends and coworkers that see my office love them. I have zero issues so far.

$50 eh you cant buy any of the SSC framed prints, even the fake penciled ones for that amount on the after market. I get your point but you went a little overboard. Also my definition of mass production differs from yours greatly.. If these were readily available at walmart or target like other posters then i'd agree

Looking at print collector sites like expressobeans show there is no interest/no aftermarket in Sideshow prints. Ebay has them but the only people buying them are the ones who missed out on them. I see them for sale in statue groups too and there is no interest. Mass produced in the art world can easily be hundreds of prints. I do love the justification, from others, for getting totally ripped on these. Whatever floats your boat.

Space Invader has a huge following and his prints hold value then increase, unlike Sideshow prints. Big difference.

Looking at print collector sites like expressobeans show there is no interest/no aftermarket in Sideshow prints. Ebay has them but the only people buying them are the ones who missed out on them. I see them for sale in statue groups too and there is no interest. Mass produced in the art world can easily be hundreds of prints. I do love the justification, from others, for getting totally ripped on these. Whatever floats your boat.

Space Invader has a huge following and his prints hold value then increase, unlike Sideshow prints. Big difference.

There's only a few Sideshow prints even loaded into EB

WW unframed will probably be $265, 425-160 frame job = 265. I will try my luck for an unframed WW print on monday, cause even at 265 it's still kind of steep.

Back