Sideshow Premium Art Prints Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Announcing new Premium Art Prints collection

Well then I guess you're talking about all the collectors who sell their stuff here cause they must be all running a pawn shop cause they usually never sell their stuff (HTs, PFs) below retail here. It's always more than what they paid for it. It doesn't make them a bad guy to sell it for more or less of a collector to turn up a small profit. In a prefect world where you guys want to live you don't need a profit, but in my imperfect world I would like to make a small profit if that's ok.

I have bought and sold things for under retail, both here and on ebay. You are really reaching by trying to speak for a 'community' on their motivations and needs.

Also, to your earlier point about dealing with educated collectors, you need to educate YOURSELF on how they initially worded these offerings.

That's different if you're buying it from a private collector cause it's a private sale and he needs to make a profit. But not for a big recognized statue company like SS, they can take that small loss and still keep face with us.

I will say SS could easily discount these by 20% and still make a profit.... and technically they are used now.... So I get where your coming from... But how someone runs their company is their choice.... I don't blame SS for selling them back at retail but at that price I'm personally not going to buy them, but that doesn't mean other people won't...

Looks like only framed wonder is available.
Was looking for unframed.

I returned an unframed Wonder Woman. Could be taking them awhile to sort through all the returns.

Kind of funny seeing this conversation. After all the talk about many returning prints because of signature gate. I emailed SS regarding the catwoman print to let them know I was interested in purchasing if there were returns and I stated that I did have a wait list that had been cancelled. The short reply just said we do not sell returned merchandise.

I have bought and sold things for under retail, both here and on ebay. You are really reaching by trying to speak for a 'community' on their motivations and needs.

Also, to your earlier point about dealing with educated collectors, you need to educate YOURSELF on how they initially worded these offerings.

What am I reaching and I'm not speaking for this community! I've been here awhile and I've watched how they sell things. I have never seen anything below retail, bargain prices. I've seen most stuff for at least $100 more which is fair. But if you got any further stuff you want to give away real cheap, hook me up. I don't understand why you are so offended.

Initially, SS worded the description correctly to avoid any legal trouble. They didn't have to issue refunds/credit to the buyers, but they did it to not lose the customers they already had and to minimize all the bashing on the forums. You got duped, I got duped, we all got fooled for not reading in between the words. "Authorized penciled signature." Does that sound like hand-signed to you? So if you bought a print, I think it's fair to say you got an education ALSO on how to understand what it really is now.

What am I reaching and I'm not speaking for this community! I've been here awhile and I've watched how they sell things. I have never seen anything below retail, bargain prices. I've seen most stuff for at least $100 more which is fair. But if you got any further stuff you want to give away real cheap, hook me up. I don't understand why you are so offended.

Initially, SS worded the description correctly to avoid any legal trouble. They didn't have to issue refunds/credit to the buyers, but they did it to not lose the customers they already had and to minimize all the bashing on the forums. You got duped, I got duped, we all got fooled for not reading in between the words. "Authorized penciled signature." Does that sound like hand-signed to you? So if you bought a print, I think it's fair to say you got an education ALSO on how to understand what it really is now.

It has been shown here and of SF, how they worded this initially that advertised a "penciled artists signature". No need to continue rehashing this over and over, just read back far enough, the smoking gun is there. Now, that INITIAL representation was made from an outright lie to misleading, but at that point people pretty much were already sold on what they thought they were buying and did not catch the addition of 'authorized' and it took an offhand question that broke the damn. I do take offense to them (and you) stating it was an uneducated buyer that was the problem. If that was truly the case, they would not have been so quick with the refunds. It was deceptive and many people got caught up in it and were rightly let down (see all the now in stock prints).

BTW, I am not offended regarding your comment on sales, I just think you were overly generalizing. I have scored some great deals on here and on ebay, well below retail. Also let some stuff go at a loss, but I usually don't sell much anyway, I am a collector not a seller/dealer. I don't think you can even put a 'I need to make a $100 and that's ok' number on these things, as the prices just swing wildly up or down.

Anyway, I kept mine with the partial credit, canceled what I had on order, sold off a couple and bought one more off a member here. I am not even saying I will never buy another one, I would really like a blue batman version. That said, I don't really think they should be selling the returned prints at retail. I have to wonder on the unframed especially if they were rolled tighter to get back in the tube and as such, if it will hurt any of them. I mean, it is one thing to sell it as a private party, but they are essentially representing these as new merch. Usually you get a discount on anything repackaged at a department store, regardless of why it was returned.

It has been shown here and of SF, how they worded this initially that advertised a "penciled artists signature". No need to continue rehashing this over and over, just read back far enough, the smoking gun is there. Now, that INITIAL representation was made from an outright lie to misleading, but at that point people pretty much were already sold on what they thought they were buying and did not catch the addition of 'authorized' and it took an offhand question that broke the damn. I do take offense to them (and you) stating it was an uneducated buyer that was the problem. If that was truly the case, they would not have been so quick with the refunds. It was deceptive and many people got caught up in it and were rightly let down (see all the now in stock prints).

Yep. :exactly:

The horse is dead, but one last kick outta do. I don't begrudge anyone here who makes a profit on selling something. I think where Armymedic gets tripped up is his insistence that a profit must be made and the very notion of not making one is laughable. I'll repeat, buying collectibles with the intention to sell them for a profit at some point in the future makes you an opportunist, not a collector. Sure, some people have extenuating circumstances that require the sale of some assets, and good for them if they make a profit. However, they are ONLY entitled to what the market will bare. No one should be buying any of these luxury items if they must rely on making a profit if/when it comes time to sell.

Moving on......

There is a chance that SS is not re-selling the returned prints since they are claiming they do not re-sell returned items. Printing a few more copies and re-numbering them would not be that difficult or costly especially since they have that magical pencil holding, artist blessed gizmo that signs everything. If they are truly being honest, I can see them still making a profit this way and charging the original price is fine by me. It's a leap of faith, but a plausible one me thinks.

I still have not heard a strong argument about how they worded the print description to conclude that they intentionally mislead us to purchase these fine prints. They can word it any way they want but unless it stated "hand-signed" then it is not what we thought it was. And I wasn't trying to offend anybody by saying we're not highly-educated buyers. But those terms like "authorized penciled signature" would be a term that only true artists in the business would know. SS was quick to offer refunds/credit because they are a reputable company and they don't want this print scandal to ruin that reputable company standing. I had 3 and 1 on pre-order. I got partial credit for 2, got a full refund for 1 and I canceled the pre-order 1. I'm not bitter at all, cause SS has gone beyond the call of duty to satisfy me with other things that were more important to me and I can't hold this 1 thing against them because I'm a reasonable person. However I will say this, they committed a blunder by not explaining it in layman's terms for all of us (including me) to understand it. But you guys can continue to sum it all up any way you wish, that's your business.

I'm just a regular member here, not a premium member with the privilege to sell stuff. But if I were a premium freak, I would sell things for the highest profit I can get. And that doesn't make me a hustler or a pawn shop. We can enjoy this hobby, share ideas, opinions and make money at the same time.

Sideshow Announcing new Premium Art Prints collection

At the end of the day, I bought a limited run print. From the beginning I didn't care for the signature

I still have not heard a strong argument about how they worded the print description to conclude that they intentionally mislead us to purchase these fine prints. They can word it any way they want but unless it stated "hand-signed" then it is not what we thought it was. And I wasn't trying to offend anybody by saying we're not highly-educated buyers. But those terms like "authorized penciled signature" would be a term that only true artists in the business would know. SS was quick to offer refunds/credit because they are a reputable company and they don't want this print scandal to ruin that reputable company standing. I had 3 and 1 on pre-order. I got partial credit for 2, got a full refund for 1 and I canceled the pre-order 1. I'm not bitter at all, cause SS has gone beyond the call of duty to satisfy me with other things that were more important to me and I can't hold this 1 thing against them because I'm a reasonable person. However I will say this, they committed a blunder by not explaining it in layman's terms for all of us (including me) to understand it. But you guys can continue to sum it all up any way you wish, that's your business.

I'm just a regular member here, not a premium member with the privilege to sell stuff. But if I were a premium freak, I would sell things for the highest profit I can get. And that doesn't make me a hustler or a pawn shop. We can enjoy this hobby, share ideas, opinions and make money at the same time.

For the LAST time, If you would do your own research, you will find the screen grabs where they DID advertise initially as penciled artist signature. The Authorized verbiage came later. But instead of reading back to see where all this came to light, continue beating that drum.

I would say the big drop in ES on the last couple of releases, and the suddenly in stock pieces DOES indicate people cared about the signature.

Also, stop being cheap, pony up the cash to support the board!

L
For the LAST time, If you would do your own research, you will find the screen grabs where they DID advertise initially as penciled artist signature. The Authorized verbiage came later. But instead of reading back to see where all this came to light, continue beating that drum.

I would say the big drop in ES on the last couple of releases, and the suddenly in stock pieces DOES indicate people cared about the signature.

Also, stop being cheap, pony up the cash to support the board!

"Penciled artist signature" = "hand signed." Ok, maybe, you're right I guess.

Ok I didn't know that it only stated as penciled signature on their FIRST advertisement. I bought all mine with the extra word of authorized. It looks like you and others who saw it as "penciled signature" at first got just cause to seek some legal action $$$$$$$ against them. You can hire Johnny Cochran (oh wait I forgot the brotha is dead) and the rest of OJ's dream team to get you alot of moola compensation. You know they are also injury lawyers (you were so injured by this scandal) too not just criminal defense attorneys. I bet it's worth a few millions to teach them a lesson to not try to cheat us, cause we're so much smarter than them.

If I decide to sell any of my stuff I will definitely join as a premium member. But even though you are a premium member you are still a little pawn in the game here just like me to impose that I become a premium member to support the board. How do you know that the board is doing so badly that they need people to upgrade to premium freak? And are you calling all the other regular members cheap too or just me? :lol

L

"Penciled artist signature" = "hand signed." Ok, maybe, you're right I guess.

Ok I didn't know that it only stated as penciled signature on their FIRST advertisement. I bought all mine with the extra word of authorized. It looks like you and others who saw it as "penciled signature" at first got just cause to seek some legal action $$$$$$$ against them. You can hire Johnny Cochran (oh wait I forgot the brotha is dead) and the rest of OJ's dream team to get you alot of moola compensation. You know they are also injury lawyers (you were so injured by this scandal) too not just criminal defense attorneys. I bet it's worth a few millions to teach them a lesson to not try to cheat us, cause we're so much smarter than them.

If I decide to sell any of my stuff I will definitely join as a premium member. But even though you are a premium member you are still a little pawn in the game here just like me to impose that I become a premium member to support the board. How do you know that the board is doing so badly that they need people to upgrade to premium freak? And are you calling all the other regular members cheap too or just me? :lol

I cant tell what your angle is but you are coming off like quite a jack wagon here. Just wanted to point that out especially after you said "ok your right I guess" I thought you were showing a bit of realization and then...

Why can't some people feel upset for purchasing something that they thought were promised more based on the original description? We are now happy that Sideshow is willing to help us with refunds. Why would you start bashing that group of people and make them upset again and actually turn their anger towards you?

preview_GeneralsGather.jpg

Back