Sideshow Premium Art Prints Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Announcing new Premium Art Prints collection

I wonder if sales of SS art prints have dripped since everyone finding out about the fake signatures

The prints are hanging around longer even with the lowered ES. The new Vampirella is still available.

The. Wonder Woman framed/unframed are available now. SS is recycling them back out again and I think all are available except the Power girl cause she's still on waitlist. They really shouldn't sell any of these old returns for $240, cause I can see some of the upset, bitter people purposely nicking, scratching and damaging the frames. Besides, it's like they are selling used items for the same price. They should all be heavily discounted so that we can all buy that back at the cheaper price. :rotfl:rotfl

The. Wonder Woman framed/unframed are available now. SS is recycling them back out again and I think all are available except the Power girl cause she's still on waitlist. They really shouldn't sell any of these old returns for $240, cause I can see some of the upset, bitter people purposely nicking, scratching and damaging the frames. Besides, it's like they are selling used items for the same price. Not cool, SS.

That's pretty stupid to do.

Still no Catwoman :lol
And it's not like they can't put it in a new frame...

We all know that unless an item is new and has not been handled by anyone except the framer, there's no way it can be fresh as when you pulled it out of the bubble-wrap. But let's just say none of frames are damaged, they are still used, cause they hung for some time on somebody's wall. And because it's considered a used item, they should all be heavily discounted.

Or since they're collectibles and numbered they should cost more :dunno

I'm not trying to start something just pointing it out

Or since they're collectibles and numbered they should cost more :dunno

I'm not trying to start something just pointing it out

It's cool, bro. This is a forum for discussion/disagreement and that's what we're doing. Now I did return my framed Superman print but that was never removed from the bubble-wrap, so that 1 they should sell it for $240. But not the ones that were removed from the package cause it was handled.

It's cool, bro. This is a forum for discussion/disagreement and that's what we're doing. Now I did return my framed Superman print but that was never removed from the bubble-wrap, so that 1 they should sell it for $240. But not the ones that were removed from the package cause it was handled.

If it wasn't damaged, then what's the big deal

If it wasn't damaged, then what's the big deal

How do you know it's not damaged, dropped or done bad voodoo to. You don't know, so you can't trust it. And for that reason, they should be discounted cause that's only fair for the consumer and all their loyal customers.

Sideshow Announcing new Premium Art Prints collection

It's the same when I buy it from a collector then, instead of $120 for a unframed Catwoman I should get it for $40

How do you know it's not damaged, dropped or done bad voodoo to. You don't know, so you can't trust it. And for that reason, they should be discounted cause that's only fair for the consumer and all their loyal customers.

I think they are legally bonded to tell you what you are buying and if it something else otherwise, then you should get your money back with no hassle

I think they are legally bonded to tell you what you are buying and if it something else otherwise, then you should get your money back with no hassle

Yeah that's why they decided to issue refunds/credits over this "authorized penciled signature prints" scandal. Their little mistake was they left out the word automated which now it states "authorized, automated penciled signature" to leave no confusion to what you're buying. But from a legal standpoint, SS didn't try to defraud us. SS just thought they were dealing with highly educated people that would understand these artist terms like authorized penciled signature. That does not sound like hand-signed to me. Hand signed is hand signed and would say that. Anybody feel free to disagree with me cause we gotta look at this in a logical way to make sense of it.
But my only problem now is that they shouldn't recycle these same returned prints for the same price after they've been handled. That's tacky and shouldn't be happening. All the returns should be discounted so we can buy them back at a real cheaper price. Lol.

It's the same when I buy it from a collector then, instead of $120 for a unframed Catwoman I should get it for $40

That's different if you're buying it from a private collector cause it's a private sale and he needs to make a profit. But not for a big recognized statue company like SS, they can take that small loss and still keep face with us.

That's different if you're buying it from a private collector cause it's a private sale and he needs to make a profit. But not for a big recognized statue company like SS, they can take that small loss and still keep face with us.

He doesn't need to make a profit?? What you said is all up to a person's opinion.

SSC is fine by selling them as is as long as they are in the same shape as a new one

:rotfl:rotfl You can't be serious about not needing to make a profit.

Yes I am. It's not the laws of nature that a person needs to make a profit. I know a lot of collectors that sell stuff just to make money, even if it's below retail.

:rotfl:rotfl You can't be serious about not needing to make a profit.

I disagree. Why on earth would a collector be concerned with or "need" to make a profit? Collecting is born out of a passion, interest, or some deep down psychological disorder (which probably fits me). In fact, selling is the complete opposite of collecting. Buying things with the intention of selling them for a profit basically makes you a pawn shop and not a true collector. The minute you think your entitled to a profit on a collectible is the minute you better find the address to your local soup kitchen. By your logic, people should be outraged at the loss of margin on these prints and should demand compensation from SS due to diminution of value.

On a side note, I would not want a used and returned print either. Who knows what the guy prior did with it, but I sure as heck don't want a "sticky" Powergirl hanging on my wall.

Well then I guess you're talking about all the collectors who sell their stuff here cause they must be all running a pawn shop cause they usually never sell their stuff (HTs, PFs) below retail here. It's always more than what they paid for it. It doesn't make them a bad guy to sell it for more or less of a collector to turn up a small profit. In a prefect world where you guys want to live you don't need a profit, but in my imperfect world I would like to make a small profit if that's ok.

Back