Sideshow Premium Art Prints Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Announcing new Premium Art Prints collection

Oh, sorry for not keeping up with the 266 pages of this thread. :)

At the shore, Point Pleasant Beach.

Yeah with threads being so large and people discussing things they should really implement some sort of search function.....

Nice, it sounds like a pleasant place

Finally heard back from SS late yesterday. No option for credit if I keep the prints so I'll be sending 10 back.

"Thank you for your email outlining your concerns about the premium art print you purchased. We apologize if the description of the artist signature on the print was not as clear as to what it was, and the process in which the prints are signed.

Our prints feature a mechanical reproduction of the artist signature in pencil. A specialized machine with an actual pencil scribes the print by mirroring the original signature the artist provided to us for these prints. The industry term for this process is 'penciled signature,' which is why our original description was 'Authorized penciled artist signature' on our product pages featuring the prints, as opposed to 'individually hand-signed artist signature', indicating each one was hand signed by the artist --which would have also resulted in a significantly higher retail price.

We have since updated the description and removed the 'industry term', in order to better describe the signature, so you may see updated descriptions now referencing 'digital signature' or 'mechanically scribed pencil signature' in order to more accurately describe the signature process and style for our collectors.

If you feel that the mechanically scribed pencil signature changes the nature or enjoyment of your Sideshow limited edition print collection and you wish to return them for a refund, please reply to this email, and we will expedite a pre-paid label for the prints safe return.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, we hope that you do choose to keep your limited edition, premium art print in your collection."

Yeah, I was a bit surprised as well. I suppose I'd rather have the almost $900 for the prints I'm returning anyway but I guess I'm not getting anything for the other prints I'm keeping.

So they changed how they are handling the situation? That is just going to upset even more people. What are people who already got them framed supposed to do?

Yeah, I was a bit surprised as well. I suppose I'd rather have the almost $900 for the prints I'm returning anyway but I guess I'm not getting anything for the other prints I'm keeping.

When you first wrote to them did you mention 10% or partial refund, cause they might think you just want the refund. They can't treat you differently from anybody else. I mean they could but then the word will be out they are selective to whom they want to help out. And, I know they don't want that cause social media is like a curse sometimes to big companies who want to maintain a good 5 star customer service rating.

I contacted customer service yesterday on live chat and they mentioned it's 10% in rewards. Where was 15% coming? 10% seems abit insulting.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

I contacted customer service yesterday on live chat and they mentioned it's 10% in rewards. Where was 15% coming? 10% seems abit insulting.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

10% partial refund from $240 is $24 and in rewards points it's probably the same back.

I told them I was unhappy with how these were misrepresented since the original video for them said "Signed and Numbered" not "Digitally Signed and Numbered". I said that out of the 22 prints I bought that I would keep 12 since I've spent money that I won't get back on getting them custom framed and return 10.

I don't think the beauty of the prints is in question. They are all amazing pieces of art.

Regardless of the digital signature, which doesn't bother me in the least, I still love my Psylocke print I got from Doc. :)

I don't think the beauty of the prints is in question. They are all amazing pieces of art.

Yeah the prints looks good but we are sending a message to SS. This was a shady move, while the prints are nice they are overpriced for just being prints. The backlash in this should prevent this form happening again in the future with the ambiguity in the description. With that said I am surprised they didn't offer you 10% Zod. Overall I have been impressed with how SS is handling this and feel it shows ultimately they do care.

In the reply email they sent me after requesting for a refund, the rep stated that the print would be significantly more expensive if it were to contain the actual artist's hand written signature.

In the reply email they sent me after requesting for a refund, the rep stated that the print would be significantly more expensive if it were to contain the actual artist's hand written signature.

Yeah, that was talked about earlier and how the letter basically implied our ignorance in the matter.:rolleyes2 Either way glad SS is doing the right thing here. :rock2

Last edited:

I just mailed all mine back yesterday. No harm no foul and I don't have any regrets. To be honest, I would have paid more to include an authentic signature. These as they are, which are very nice still, are worth only $45-$50 to me. Bottom line in this case, yes, I do feel SS tried to pull a fast one but they also are stepping up to the plate by letting us get refunds.

Those prints that Lau is selling at the convention will cost almost just as much as Sideshow's framed option

Those prints that Lau is selling at the convention will cost almost just as much as Sideshow's framed option

Then that's what SS should've done. I would've bought it unframed with the hand-written signature for $240. Or $240 + $150 framing. We all know that saying, "you get what you pay for."

Then that's what SS should've done. I would've bought it unframed with the hand-written signature for $240. Or $240 + $150 framing. We all know that saying, "you get what you pay for."

Yeah I hear you 100% but I think SS tried to make this accessible for everyone rather than higher end. Thats what I thought at least.

If the price was too much for real signatures for some people, then they wouldn't have purchased it in the beginning, so Sideshow would have saved on the return shipping cost. Maybe Sideshow should offer a more expensive version with real signatures and another cheaper version with no signatures at all. Just drop the signed edition sizes down to 100-150.

So we're allowed to return our prints to Sideshow free shipping for a complete refund or are they giving us credit back? It does feel kind of shady, and forged, that the signatures are not real. I've bought 4 prints from them, 2 framed and 2 unframed, the Avengers one still processing. How do we go about this situation, I can't imagine Sideshow will be taking all of the prints back, are they?

Sorry, I'm a bit late catching up to this thread.

Back