Sideshow Premium Art Prints Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Announcing new Premium Art Prints collection

GMAFB!

It was deliberately misleading. You know it.

For that matter, this would be more excusable had this been after the first couple of prints. It was blatantly obvious that the consumers were misinformed, and thought they were getting real signed prints, which until now, SS never bothered to correct.

You deserved to get your ass handed to you on SF.

This is not the mass produced card market either. These are high end for prints, and they established a price point and an ES that a signature was both expected and achievable.
The baseball market to this day still uses the same wording when dealing with printed signatures and those baseballs sell at higher price than these prints. All sideshow did is use the same wording that is common place in another area of collecting. You only want them to have purposely mislead you because you're pissed off. Theres nothing deliberate about it its exactly what it says it is, an authorized signature. Just because people failed to think about what that means doesnt make it something it isnt.

The baseball market to this day still uses the same wording when dealing with printed signatures and those baseballs sell at higher price than these prints. All sideshow did is use the same wording that is common place in another area of collecting. You only want them to have purposely mislead you because you're pissed off. Theres nothing deliberate about it its exactly what it says it is, an authorized signature. Just because people failed to think about what that means doesnt make it something it isnt.

So thats why they changed the description on the sold out ones as well?

You are sooo wrong on this. The fact they are doing the 'look over there' is only further damaging their credibility. How you can defend this just baffles me.

You are sooo wrong on this. The fact they are doing the 'look over there' is only further damaging their credibility. How you can defend this just baffles me.
They changed due to the sudden screaming and raving of about hundred people saying they're liars. Has nothing to with them deliberately misleading and everything to do with collecting publics perception.

They changed it to dumb down the wording

They changed due to the sudden screaming and raving of about hundred people saying they're liars. Has nothing to with them deliberately misleading and everything to do with collecting publics perception.

The same collecting public that they were...misleading.

They changed it to dumb down the wording

Does not explain WHY THEY CHANGED IT ON SOLD OUT PIECES.

It is not dumbing down the wording when what they had before was intentionally misleading.

It is not dumbing down the wording when what they had before was intentionally misleading.
Again the wording was not misleading. Just because something is assumed does not make it true. They used a commonly used term. Period. They changed across the entire line because now when these are resold and people go back to check website archive for information all the listings on the website are uniform. Why would you only change a few? You might as well update the entire catagory.

Again I get it. You are upset and you can be, but kicking dirt on it usnt going to make what I said any less reasonable.

I put myself in SS shoes. I was selling these prints and people buy them then an employe answered a question about the prints and suddenly theres mass people up in arms saying they thought it was one way (this isn't to say they are correct just they thought it was different) based on the description of my product. I would change the description on current and sold out listings on the product to keep it uniform and more clear. If it wasn't then people will then rally behind one side "this description says this and that says something different WTH" or "I have the 1st ones these are really signed because they didn't change the description" these would just further cause missunderstanding. I understand you feel jaded about it because you feel duped but your rationale on the actions taken by SS thereafter make no sense to me.

This is Deja vu from when the stealth suit IM was shown. There was this huge **** storm because the pictures made it look like it had this blue tint but in the description it said black and the fighting went on and on about people felt tricked etc.

Again the wording was not misleading. Just because something is assumed does not make it true. They used a commonly used term. Period. They changed across the entire line because now when these are resold and people go back to check website archive for information all the listings on the website are uniform. Why would you only change a few? You might as well update the entire catagory.

Again I get it. You are upset and you can be, but kicking dirt on it usnt going to make what I said any less reasonable.
Was typing same time you were. LOL

Huge amount of the people that know about this i.e. on the boards felt mislead based on how the description was worded, ergo, it was misleading.

I'm not going to grab pitchforks here. I will say that it could have been taken either way to those who don't collect memorabilia. I'm sure that it's a widely used tactic everywhere in hopes people in their excitement skim over the descriptors and purchase something without giving much thought which we have all done INK included even though he would never admit it. I still enjoy the prints but I don't believe they are worth what I am paying for them now. Two things I will say is that SS at least changed it for the future and I'm sure they would work with customers on existing orders if you chose to cancel.

Last edited:

Huge amount of the people that know about this i.e. on the boards felt mislead based on how the description was worded, ergo, it was misleading.

So what you're saying is because a hundred or so people believed something to be true, and it wasn't, they were all lied to? Or is it possible that maybe that group just assumed something they believed to be true, and it wasn't.

So what you're saying is because a hundred or so people believed something to be true, and it wasn't, they were all lied to? Or is it possible that maybe that group just assumed something they believed to be true, and it wasn't.

They sure were helped into thinking it then, either by the poor choice of wording or intentionally vague description. The evidence so far suggests the latter IMO.

It shouldn't be about the percentage of those who did vs who didn't. It should be about description and whether it was clear enough. There is no way you can say that it couldn't be interpreted both ways especially to those who aren't big collectors. Like I said it's a marketing tactic to get people to bite but still be covered legally. That's how you sell 101.

Congratulations, you were not duped, now go **** off. :peace

It shouldn't be about the percentage of those who did vs who didn't. It should be about description and whether it was clear enough. There is no way you can say that it couldn't be interpreted both ways especially to those who aren't big collectors. Like I said it's a marketing tactic to get people to bite but still be covered legally. That's how you sell 101.

Well not anymore, since they changed it.

Look, SS does huge business amongst a relatively small, generally informed, passionate group of people. This isn't like selling someone a coffee maker that you will never see again, I am sure SS thrives on repeat business. Heck, most of the people posting about this have already bought double digit prints. Those are not the people you wan't to feel got taken advantage of. I still think they should acknowledge this and at least offer refunds or something.

Tbolt, I think your wrong for not discussing this rationally. There is no reason to insult or name call in here to anyone.

Congratulations, you were not duped, now go **** off. [emoji14]eace

Well not anymore, since they changed it.

Look, SS does huge business amongst a relatively small, generally informed, passionate group of people. This isn't like selling someone a coffee maker that you will never see again, I am sure SS thrives on repeat business. Heck, most of the people posting about this have already bought double digit prints. Those are not the people you wan't to feel got taken advantage of. I still think they should acknowledge this and at least offer refunds or something.
I should **** off becsuse you want to have an irrational uninterupted ***** fest on an open forum? [emoji38] right.

Tbolt, I think your wrong for not discussing this rationally. There is no reason to insult or name call in here to anyone.

I never called anyone any names, and even used the little peace sign while telling Josh to go **** off. Could I be any nicer? :dunno

There really isn't anything rational about a discussion when one person feels mislead, and another is saying, nope, you were not mislead. It really is as simple as that. There is nowhere to go with that.

I should **** off becsuse you want to have an irrational uninterupted ***** fest on an open forum? [emoji38] right.

I am sure there are lots of reasons that you should, but I really don't want to make this personal.

Back