Sideshow Premium Art Prints Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow Announcing new Premium Art Prints collection

Ah, then I can understand the frustration amongst collectors.

I have the Psylocke print, thanks to a fellow Freak :yess:, and I never noticed if the signature was digital or hand-signed. :lol

How it should be handled

It's not smoke and mirrors if people can't read the description

How not to handle things

Handle this *drops pants* j/k

giphy.gif

Which won't happen, the sense of entitlement in this hobby these days is hilarious

C'mon Ink how can you say this with no sensitivity to the collectors. You're like a no nonsense drill sergeant here. LOL. We as collectors of these gorgeous prints just want what was stated on the description which we didn't get so how is that wanting entitlement?

Wow, sometimes ignorance is bliss. I just joined this forum and I'm sad this is my first posting, but reading the signatures are not real is a little upsetting. I just started collecting and have bought 11 SS prints. Being late to the game, I was one of the suckers who paid top dollar for Ivy and Harley. Up until 20 minutes ago, I thought I paid for very limited edition hand signed prints. There is a reason artists sign their prints in pencil and it does add value and exclusivity to a piece of art. I can think of no legitimate reason to have a digital signature on a print other than to artificially inflate its value. Not cool, time to get the fire started.

Wow, sometimes ignorance is bliss. I just joined this forum and I'm sad this is my first posting, but reading the signatures are not real is a little upsetting. I just started collecting and have bought 11 SS prints. Being late to the game, I was one of the suckers who paid top dollar for Ivy and Harley. Up until 20 minutes ago, I thought I paid for very limited edition hand signed prints. There is a reason artists sign their prints in pencil and it does add value and exclusivity to a piece of art. I can think of no legitimate reason to have a digital signature on a print other than to artificially inflate its value. Not cool, time to get the fire started.

You can still sell ivy for top dollar bro :slap

Welcome to the Freak Show. You're gonna love this site. :lol::lol:lol

No it said

"Sideshow collectibles is proud to announce our new collections of exclusive limited edition Premium Art Prints

• Hand-numbered limited editions
Authorized penciled artist signature
• Embossed Seal of authenticity"

Sideshow's new wording:all the print listings now say features a digital artist signature.
This 18×24” hand-numbered, limited edition art print features a digital artist signature and embossed seal of authenticity, and is a perfect addition to display alongside Sideshow’s Batgirl Premium Format™ Figure.

I saw they changed the wording too, even for all the old sold out prints. Don't know why they would go through all that effort unless someone there said a big Ug-Oh.
I still like my prints but now I feel a little "dirty" if you know what I mean.

I'm not worried about selling Ivy since I plan to enjoy staring at her ample foliage for many years to come. I just don't like being mislead.

Actually most artists I've bought prints from never use pencil and always use a permanent marker. One of the few times I have seen one signed in pencil was a Frazetta print but he also had sketched in pencil on it.Which is why when I saw the Sideshow prints were in pencil i found it odd.

I'm not worried about selling Ivy since I plan to enjoy staring at her ample foliage for many years to come. I just don't like being mislead.

Technically, they didn't mislead. It was assumed in general and they didn't correct the public in their thinking. When I heard what the wording was yesterday, I'd never paid attention before, I knew what it meant from when I used to buy baseball cards. Sports signatures either say "authorized" which means printed because they have to get permission to reprint the signature, or they say "Hand Signed" which of course is obvious.

Technically, they didn't mislead. It was assumed in general and they didn't correct the public in their thinking. When I heard what the wording was yesterday, I'd never paid attention before, I knew what it meant from when I used to buy baseball cards. Sports signatures either say "authorized" which means printed because they have to get permission to reprint the signature, or they say "Hand Signed" which of course is obvious.
Even if unintentional it was misleading. Them changing it now just proves they agree it was/is.

Also, before people get mad at me as they did over at statue forum, I am not saying people shouldnt feel frustrated. You thought you were getting thing and got another and digital signatures arent the norm for prints. What I do not support is the torch and pitchfork crowd chanting "liars liars" saying SSC was trying to pull a fast one. If that were the case a SSC employee would have lied about it when it was brought up. -end diatribe

Also, before people get mad at me as they did over at statue forum, I am not saying people shouldnt feel frustrated. You thought you were getting thing and got another and digital signatures arent the norm for prints. What I do not support is the torch and pitchfork crowd chanting "liars liars" saying SSC was trying to pull a fast one. If that were the case a SSC employee would have lied about it when it was brought up. -end diatribe

This.

SS never claimed it was signed by the artist. I collect a lot of different prints and trading cards as well and their description matches just like all other major companies. It was assumed by the large crowd and when one person figured it out, it suddenly went mass chaos for those who didn't know either.
But I'm all in for the prints to be lowered in price. I just hope I don't receive ****** paint work on them if they do. I love te current paint/style they have.
Well except for their latest cartoon COTD :rotfl

GMAFB!

It was deliberately misleading. You know it.

For that matter, this would be more excusable had this been after the first couple of prints. It was blatantly obvious that the consumers were misinformed, and thought they were getting real signed prints, which until now, SS never bothered to correct.

You deserved to get your ass handed to you on SF.

This is not the mass produced card market either. These are high end for prints, and they established a price point and an ES that a signature was both expected and achievable.

This.

SS never claimed it was signed by the artist. I collect a lot of different prints and trading cards as well and their description matches just like all other major companies. It was assumed by the large crowd and when one person figured it out, it suddenly went mass chaos for those who didn't know either.
But I'm all in for the prints to be lowered in price. I just hope I don't receive ****** paint work on them if they do. I love te current paint/style they have.
Well except for their latest cartoon COTD :rotfl

B.S. that is exactly what they claimed. Otherwise, they would not have scrambled so quickly to change it yesterday. Also, why that 'large crowd' was so pissed, because they thought based on the way SS advertised these that they were actually signed by the artist.

Back