Sideshow policy on double return issues?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LivingDeath

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I realize when a statue has a defect sideshow replaces said item. What is the policy if the replacement also has a defect? Will Sideshow actually send a second replacement?

What I hate is when the replacement fixes the issue with the original but has a new problem. Years ago, I ordered a HT Davy Jones from Sideshow. He had some paint rubs on his claw and crab leg. I got the replacement and those issues were fixed, but the Dead Man's chest was missing a pin in its hinge! They said they couldn't replace it as they didn't have any more. If I had only be able to keep my return's chest, it would have been fine, but nope. :dunno

So to this day the chest is still missing a pin :lol

What I hate is when the replacement fixes the issue with the original but has a new problem. Years ago, I ordered a HT Davy Jones from Sideshow. He had some paint rubs on his claw and crab leg. I got the replacement and those issues were fixed, but the Dead Man's chest was missing a pin in its hinge! They said they couldn't replace it as they didn't have any more. If I had only be able to keep my return's chest, it would have been fine, but nope. :dunno

But you got a perfect Hawk head after 2 returns. :huh

did you at least get a partial refund?

I got screwed out of an exclusive Donatello comiquette from Sideshow when this same exact thing happened. It was broken and the replacement they sent me had his foot broken off the base and was very clearly reattached. This may have happened at the factory but the break wasn't clean and it was a bad cover up job. So much for great quality control. I did get a refund but there were no replacements left.

My psylocke replacement was said to be sold out. No replacements left. But as long as SS helps either way. I'm happy just knowing they will at least do something.

Back