Sideshow PLEASE get moving on Hobbit PF's

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think most of the LOTR fans have any complaints with the PF series. The biggest complaint was that SS did not finish the fellowship in the maquette series. Personally I would very much like to see a prologue elf in the PF series before anything else.

SS didn't finish the fellowship in ANY line.....not in 1:6, PF or maquette. Pretty sad if you ask me.

Hard to say. There are some really nice pieces that should be made, but I think slow sales sets back their desire to make more. I used to have a ton of ME stuff, but sold it all off. My only 3 pieces will be the GTG and Frodo ( repainted ) PFs I already have and the Saruman PF once released.

Is there any announcement or lineup expected from Sideshow for LOTR? Or is this completely dead... use to be a big fan of their lines until it seems like they just started in all different directions and prices sky rocketed on everything.

I have rewards i need to use up on their site, hopefully if i can find something good, will just cash out and call it quits.

Is there any announcement or lineup expected from Sideshow for LOTR? Or is this completely dead... use to be a big fan of their lines until it seems like they just started in all different directions and prices sky rocketed on everything.

I have rewards i need to use up on their site, hopefully if i can find something good, will just cash out and call it quits.

Unfortunately there is no announcement. It seems they are not moving at all towards the Hobbit line. They might produce the odd LOTR PF every now and then but nothing is certain.

Hard to say. There are some really nice pieces that should be made, but I think slow sales sets back their desire to make more. I used to have a ton of ME stuff, but sold it all off. My only 3 pieces will be the GTG and Frodo ( repainted ) PFs I already have and the Saruman PF once released.

Those a 3 good pieces to represent the movies, IMO.

I have GTG PF. I always wanted an Easterling. I think that would look fantastic as a PF.

"SS didn't finish the fellowship in ANY line.....not in 1:6, PF or maquette. Pretty sad if you ask me."

Actually, they did. Twice in fact. First line was the busts. But that has been overlooked by many because there seems to be a very small niche of folks who collected them. Then there was the 1/6th line of statues. True, Pippin's costume/pose was not the best and didn't really synch with the rest of the previous Fellowship members, but he WAS done nevertheless to complete the 9

"SS didn't finish the fellowship in ANY line.....not in 1:6, PF or maquette. Pretty sad if you ask me."

Actually, they did. Twice in fact. First line was the busts. But that has been overlooked by many because there seems to be a very small niche of folks who collected them. Then there was the 1/6th line of statues. True, Pippin's costume/pose was not the best and didn't really synch with the rest of the previous Fellowship members, but he WAS done nevertheless to complete the 9

Those were the WETA pieces. I had both the busts and statues. When SS did their own thing they never completed the Fellowship.

That's fine and I respect your opinion, but most LOTR fans would rather have the 9 members of the fellowsgip on their shelves than a bunch of generic orcs....not all of course, but most would I'd suspect.

I'm one of those. And also Faramir, Arwen, Elrond, Theoden, Eowyn ect ect. So many great options. But instead we got orc after orc after orc :(

I'm one of those. And also Faramir, Arwen, Elrond, Theoden, Eowyn ect ect. So many great options. But instead we got orc after orc after orc :(

I think the fact that it might be easier to recreate the likeness of an orc than say Arwen or Eowyn factors into this.

I dunno. There is so much to discover about an orc statue. They look so badass and interesting and some Fellowhip PFs just look like oversized dolls for me.

Face likeliness is just as important on orcs and if some think the PF orcs are "generic" then I have to disagree. If for example the Mordor Orc face was a little different I would have never believed he is from LotR. Let alone the prominent Berserker and Lurtz statues.

:goodpost: :rock

I still have a half moon box Toybiz Easterling hanging around. :lol

Ha, those were the days. :)

My very first Sideshow statue purchase was a Easterling. I went from Toybiz to SS/Weta in the blink of an eye. :lol

SS have moved on Hobbit PF's ! :thud:
As far away as possible as there is a new Avengers movie coming :lol
No loss. Weta produces masterpiece after masterpiece after masterpiece. They have lighting-fast support and they don't lay a big dump on non-americans by closing EU Warehouse while offering free US Shipping and making Fedex scam you over on every single clearing.

A novel concept, announce a piece, take pre-orders, ships within a week or two. I am so glad SS dropped the ball on this because I just don't care for their business model.

No loss. Weta produces masterpiece after masterpiece after masterpiece. They have lighting-fast support and they don't lay a big dump on non-americans by closing EU Warehouse while offering free US Shipping and making Fedex scam you over on every single clearing.

And the 15% weta $ also helps.

Back