Sideshow PLEASE get moving on Hobbit PF's

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never really thought about this in terms of brand competition, but thinking back it seems clear that we LOTR collectors should not have applauded SS acquiring the Marvel and DC licenses.

Truth. :lol

Never really thought about this in terms of brand competition, but thinking back it seems clear that we LOTR collectors should not have applauded SS acquiring the Marvel and DC licenses.

Don't think I did. I did however really applaud the Disney PF license..... so much for that dream :(

Did they give a reason for "moving on?"

Basically they're moving on and of course there are behind the scenes things for that. It stinks but thankfully Weta is here and will continue to do some great stuff.

Basically they're moving on and of course there are behind the scenes things for that. It stinks but thankfully Weta is here and will continue to do some great stuff.

Once again, did they give a reason for why they are moving on? I'm asking what those "behind the scenes things" are.

Once again, did they give a reason for why they are moving on? I'm asking what those "behind the scenes things" are.

They did. I won't go into detail as that's info I won't go into to be honest. Not trying to be shady but it's info told in confidence.

It's not rocket science imo
-Middle Earth has left the screen forever (or for 10+ years at least)
-comic books are a big player in the USA
-Marvel is spamming a movie every year
-3 Star Wars movies coming

And in the future most kids will prefer reading picture books with "splash" boom" "pffft" lettering rather than a complex saga in old language and boring landscape description.

it's prolly a good thing they finally dropped a license, they have too many as it is. I have my fav trio, so I'm good with the franchise. At some point, Weta will prolly make larger pieces.

I hope weta make the more PF scale, they have yet to do a Mouth of Sauron yet.

Back