Sideshow PLEASE get moving on Hobbit PF's

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone actually still believe SS is going to do anything with The Hobbit at this point?

flatline.jpg

:lol

Attention to detail isn't always SS's strongest attribute and neither is timing if they decided to launch The Hobbit line at this point.:lol

True, but they have removed and added quite a bit from that page, you would think they would delete that if there is no hope. They still have not done much with the Dark Knight trilogy yet and they are very late in the game with that line too. Who knows...:gah:

True, but they have removed and added quite a bit from that page, you would think they would delete that if there is no hope. They still have not done much with the Dark Knight trilogy yet and they are very late in the game with that line too. Who knows...:gah:

Exactly - who knows?:dunno If SS does surprise everyone consider it a bonus. I think I've reached the point to where I'm satisfied with my Middle-Earth collection as is. The only thing I definitely still need is The Fellowship from Weta.

Unless it's something "I gotta so have it!" Weta fulfills my PJ Middle Earth needs

WETA is great and all, but I'm still holding out for an armored Thorin or Thror. I mean, come on:

bb14027a9acf8b78e628afbc0519db37.jpg

thtbotfa_tlrf1_contest_oven_1080_1080p-mov_000074908.jpg

Though, an armored Thror is more likely since the above stills are from BotFA not AUJ.

How long ago was WETA's "coming soon" announced?

Who knows what kind of terms the license was for, maybe they have to produce something and that is why it is still listed as coming soon. I could see them deciding doing a whole line is not worth it and just doing one or two items. If that one item is Smaug and they had to wait until the full reveal the end of last year before knowing what he looked like then it would make sense that a pre-order might not happen until late 2014. I would not hold my breath though.

Technically they never had a Hobbit line, just the license. They never even said what they were planning to make yet.

Damn, I was so hyped when I saw the Hobbit license under "Coming Soon."

I'm guessing they announced the license around the release of AUJ, and there hasn't been any update since?

I think weta got priority until the release of all movies. We should see Sideshow's hobbit stuff probably at the end of 2015

I think weta got priority until the release of all movies. We should see Sideshow's hobbit stuff probably at the end of 2015

I've never owned any Weta or Sideshow figures. How do their products compare to each other? In terms of detail, fit and finish, etc.

I've never owned any Weta or Sideshow figures. How do their products compare to each other? In terms of detail, fit and finish, etc.

Depends on the piece. Most of the SS Premium Formats are as good as it gets for ME, but Weta has some very nice pieces also that are just as good, but mainly at smaller scales. I have both, but mostly SS 1/4 statues. Recently SS quality has been hit and miss(other than ME), and many recent Weta pieces previewed look amazing.

Well, as long as they don't release competing pieces, I can get both without having to pick one over the other. :D

Thror on his Throne is looking absolutely amazing.

I noticed that The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey has disappeared from the SS site in the Coming Soon section. I wonder what this means???

I noticed that The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey has disappeared from the SS site in the Coming Soon section. I wonder what this means???

Wow, you're right. It was still listed on there last night but it now seems to have been replaced by Iron Man 3. :(

Back