Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow In Progress

I'm really hesitant to post pics because of my photography skills, but here are a couple.

I'm going to have to take it apart a little bit and wash the sash and adjust the clothing to get it to look right but this thing is really incredible.
The bottles, map, lantern, and gun are all separate and can be displayed any way you want. I think this makes this one of the coolest bases they have ever made. The hand holding the gun will not make the exclusive a must have but if they had made the lantern the exclusive I think anyone who cancelled would be kicking themselves. It has its own battery with a clever switch on the top and makes a really cool flickering light.
The skin tone on the paint is a little flat and monotone but I don't think you will ever match a professional paint job on a mass produced figure, but it is defiantly not an Indy like issue and will not distract from the overall beauty of the statue. I think they did an incredible job on the details like the jewelry and beads in his hair and the details in the headband.

Thank you for your comment about Jack Sparrow PF :1-1:

But we waits the pictures of SilentSufer!! :hi5:

Here you go. Still not the best photog, but I think you can see the quality of the piece.

PF01.jpg

PF03.jpg

PF02.jpg

PF05.jpg

PF04.jpg

PF07.jpg

PF06.jpg

PF08.jpg

PF09.jpg

ohhh noooooo... the eyes is little cracy?!?!?!

Hmmmm, the headsculpt is looking even less like Depp in those pics :(...c'mooooon Nathan!

Production paint seems to have really held up, I think this looks great.

:clap

LOTRFan when will you received your Jack Sparrow PF?

Nothing, I just wanted better pics :exactly:

Oh.:slap My bad. I told you they weren't great pics. It may not be coming across in the pics I took, but I think the likeness is pretty good. I totally get a Depp feel looking at it in person. The costume is friggin' amazing!

The only thing I wish would have translated better from the prototype is the barrel. Bernardo at Sideshow did an unbelievably amazing job painting that barrel. My eye was always drawn to that in the official pics.
300019_press03-001.jpg

300019_press04-001.jpg

Guess that's the difference an artist makes. Even so, the production paint still looks like a real barrel.

Oh.:slap My bad. I told you they weren't great pics.

I was referring to the pics before yours actually, yours are great :clap The other guy's pics aren't terrible either, just not the quality I wanted in order to judge this piece :)

Edit: the only thing that's really bugging me on the production piece is the paint on the facial hair and the positioning of the beads on the left of his face. It's framing his cheekbone awkwardly and throwing the likeness off a tad I think.

PF06.jpg

300019_press06-001.jpg

But that could all be perspective, I'll wait reserve further judgment till I have it in hand.

Last edited:

Looks pretty good to me. Must...resist...

And THANKS for the pics SS and smc100!!! :clap

Glad to see pics up already!

I think it looks fantastic. The fabric is awesome, and the base is great. Love it. So far looks like a lot of happy people are in store! :banana

Back