Sideshow now interfering with Custom Work on Facebook

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thought to just a Membership? Much less than a premium membership but some smaller amount that The majority of active members would be willing to pay monthly or annually.

If people here can afford collections of $150 - $1500 toys they can surely afford to chip in and keep this site running without having the content neutered.

I used to be a Premium Member.

The day threads and posts started to disappeared, I decided to stop being one. So I can't see myself paying even a cent as long as the posters aren't getting more respect.

I can understand Dave's situation and besides, it's his baby. As such he's free to do what he wants, but paying anything would be condoning this behavior and bending over Sideshow, or HT, or whatever "official" companies' desires.

They've chosen to practice high prices. The only way to counter that is to buy unlicensed stuff. Theses days, I find myself buying more of these than official stuff because they at least have the courage to produce smaller characters. Without them there wouldn't be the 6 million dollar man or the laughter to name but two. for Sideshow and HT there just seems to be Star Wars and Avengers worth producing.

Let them drown in they blindness. This smaller companies are the way of the future.

I used to be a Premium Member.

The day threads and posts started to disappeared, I decided to stop being one. So I can't see myself paying even a cent as long as the posters aren't getting more respect.

I can understand Dave's situation and besides, it's his baby. As such he's free to do what he wants, but paying anything would be condoning this behavior and bending over Sideshow, or HT, or whatever "official" companies' desires.

They've chosen to practice high prices. The only way to counter that is to buy unlicensed stuff. Theses days, I find myself buying more of these than official stuff because they at least have the courage to produce smaller characters. Without them there wouldn't be the 6 million dollar man or the laughter to name but two. for Sideshow and HT there just seems to be Star Wars and Avengers worth producing.

Let them drown in they blindness. This smaller companies are the way of the future.

I had to buy my Dexter morgan from one of them since no company ever made one.... cant blame people to look elsewhere for characters that dont exist or that cost too much....
If i ever get a bane figure it woukd have to be with a headsculpt from ebay and tailor made clothes.

Like pay a small subscription fee to gain access to the entire board, as is. All of it. Custom section, sales sections and the regular discussion boards. If you aren’t a member can’t log in.

I don’t know the costs of running this site but here’s an example of what I’d consider a reasonable price structure:

Pay as you go - Monthly standard membership $1

Prepay - Annual standard membership $10 ($2 savings incentive to help start paying for the site right away)

Prepay - Annual premium membership $20 - $25

I’m thinking premium memberships could potentially lower from $25 due to offsets from standard memberships but I don’t know.

Thoughts?

Um... at the time of "Premium Membership" it was already stated to be able to Sell not only your stuff but Customs you would need Premium Membership... WE ALREADY BEEN PAYING...

Um... at the time of "Premium Membership" it was already stated to be able to Sell not only your stuff but Customs you would need Premium Membership... WE ALREADY BEEN PAYING...

Right. So if my unofficial brainstorming exercise somehow becomes reality then... there would be... No change for you...

I can understand Dave's situation and besides, it's his baby.
He created the site, maintains it and forces the rules.
But it is created for people, and without them he wouldn't have any need for this "baby".

I just don’t see this forum surviving for long. The custom section will go away. That damage has been done. Though many of us shell out money for collectibles, most wont pitch in money for membership.

SSC is likely in financial distress, leading them to charge more for items, shipping, and to reduce quality of product. SSC will outlast this board (in terms of being functional), but I’m guessing it won’t be by as much time as people would think.
Pretty much.

Ah yes the MBAs have made it to the thread.

The unlicensed sales/interest threads are not available now. If you have any questions please PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back