Sideshow notification of pending CC expiration?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wetanut

Super Freak
Reaction score
Has anyone ever gotten these? I just got one and it just didn't feel right. Gave me a specific order number and a link to update my info. (an order # I have no record of BTW)
Sent in query to CS.

Am I being paranoid?:confused:

Havent heard of fishing SS email. I'd just log into the site and update your info to be sure that is up to date though.

Never use a link in an email. Log into your account on the website and see what it says.

Paranoid? Not at all. Especially when it involves an order number that's not yours. Definitely contact Sideshow directly.

You can also go to the site directly - NOT through the link in your email - and check your info to see if your card really is about to expire.

You can also go to the site directly - NOT through the link in your email - and check your info to see if your card really is about to expire.

Yes, but after watching 60 Minutes on Sunday....wasn't going to take any chances. Waited until I got to work today to access my account. And I couldn't wait any more so I called. Jeff at CS put my mind at ease. Thank you Jeff!

BTW - the reason I didn't have any personal record of that order number was because it was on a waitlist and I had absolutely no hope that it would convert so when I changed my cc info, I hadn't included that item. (Faux Bronze Fellbeast vs. Eagle dio BTW). And since I hadn't gotten a notification that it had converted, so much of that expiration notification had things that didn't add up.

So now, in case you all didn't know it -- SS sends out notifications to us about expiring on-record credit cards.

Has anyone ever gotten these? I just got one and it just didn't feel right. Gave me a specific order number and a link to update my info. (an order # I have no record of BTW)
Sent in query to CS.

Am I being paranoid?:confused:

Nah, you were just infected by that super wrm going around

;)

By the way, never use one of these, lol:

has-your-credit-card-number-been-stolen-on-the-in-32364-1235363421-28.jpg

By the way, never use one of these, lol:

has-your-credit-card-number-been-stolen-on-the-in-32364-1235363421-28.jpg

Is that for reals??? And I bet people fall for it too :sick

Good to hear it was legit, Rumi! And good to hear that we're now sending out those emails (I had no idea). Maybe it will help more people avoid credit card declines due to expired cards.

And thanks for setting Rumi's mind at ease, Shatterer of Dreams! I guess you don't just sit around waiting to shatter peoples' dreams all day after all ;)

Is that for reals??? And I bet people fall for it too :sick

Good to hear it was legit, Rumi! And good to hear that we're now sending out those emails (I had no idea). Maybe it will help more people avoid credit card declines due to expired cards.

And thanks for setting Rumi's mind at ease, Shatterer of Dreams! I guess you don't just sit around waiting to shatter peoples' dreams all day after all ;)

I THOUGHT that was SoD, but wasn't sure ....I guess I caught him on break in between the dreaded notifications :love

we were always supposed to be sending these out but the original programmer did weird things and it wasn't working correctly for a long time now. It is now fixed and we will now hound you about expiring cards:emperor

we were always supposed to be sending these out but the original programmer did weird things and it wasn't working correctly for a long time now. It is now fixed and we will now hound you about expiring cards:emperor

That one sentence can probably sum up a lot of problems :lol (and no, it wasn't Chris' fault this time - ha!)

Back