Sideshow needs better marvel premium formats!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marvelcollector

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Nothing amazing has been coming out for the marvel premium format line in the past couple of years, with the Gambit and Ms. Marvel exceptions. Gambit has a lot of attitude, and Ms. marvel has a strong pose but its quite plain. Where are the action poses like the abomination pf or the methodical poses like the Dr. doom and red skull pf. We need better Premium format designs that make us say, "i need that statue". I haven't said that since i bought my Dr. doom, and it came out four years ago.

worst_thread_ever.jpg

:hi5:

Nothing amazing has been coming out for the marvel premium format line in the past couple of years, with the Gambit and Ms. Marvel exceptions. Gambit has a lot of attitude, and Ms. marvel has a strong pose but its quite plain. Where are the action poses like the abomination pf or the methodical poses like the Dr. doom and red skull pf. We need better Premium format designs that make us say, "i need that statue". I haven't said that since i bought my Dr. doom, and it came out four years ago.

And you Are?? If you can do better let me know....

Can you explain your point a little more? I think the poses can be better than the ones they have released.

I would like to see a pose that better displays a sense of the character, like red skull grinning and hiding a gun behind his back or Dr. Doom sitting in a chair contemplating his next move.

Ms. marvel is just standing their, but her figure makes it look great. I love She-hulk but i didn't like this version. She is just standing there. The exclusive is her holding a parking meter!

Who would buy a premium format they didn't like? I think i made a valid point in my argument. The quality doesn't seem to be the same in some of their sculpts when you look at their past work.

That may be true. I think how they portray them also comes into play. The punisher PF is one of my favorites, but the comiquette has this great style. I think you get more of a sense of who the punisher is from the comiquette, then the PF.

I think the pose should say something about the character. If you can't do that then maybe there should be a dramatic pose like the abomination PF.

But the PF is based on one of the most recently acclaimed Punisher artists and looks dead on. You are always going to have a tough job getting the right balance between action and standing poses and this becomes even harder the more characters you produce (just look at Bowen Designs). Can you imagine the threads on here when SS get up to the volume of characters Bowen has released.

I would like to see a pose that better displays a sense of the character, like red skull grinning and hiding a gun behind his back or Dr. Doom sitting in a chair contemplating his next move.

Ms. marvel is just standing their, but her figure makes it look great. I love She-hulk but i didn't like this version. She is just standing there. The exclusive is her holding a parking meter!

Hey, hey.....HEY!!!!!

Unless you can take a direct hit to the checks bone by a stainless steel parking meter, don't mess with the She-Hulk!! Better have some spare coins for that parking meter buddy!!

picture.php

That may be true. I think how they portray them also comes into play. The punisher PF is one of my favorites, but the comiquette has this great style. I think you get more of a sense of who the punisher is from the comiquette, then the PF.

I think the pose should say something about the character. If you can't do that then maybe there should be a dramatic pose like the abomination PF.

You like Abomination PF? You mean you prefer a fire hydrant over a parking meter? :panic::panic::cuckoo::cuckoo:

picture.php

Yeah, I don't think that every character in the Marvel universe meets the requirements to get the PF treatment e.g. Silver Surfer.
i agree that every character doesn't deserve the PF treatment, especially black panther, and mystique. They should do the significant characters first, and portray them in a way that relates to their abilities. I think sideshow has a lot of talented artist and they could do some amazing sculpts but i think they don't push it enough. Who every said lets have Doom sitting in a chair for his PF is amazing. I think we need to see more like that and not a character just standing there.

With the PFs I have seen, you either get amazing outstanding, or you get eh . . . look at Gambit, he is absolutely awesome and I would say the perfect PF. Then you have the She Hulk PF who looks like a green painted girl's doll. Kind of a boring pose, and no muscle. They needed to do a sexy but muscular body for She Hulk along the lines of the comiquette.

I'm definitely pumped to see how the Rogue PF will turn out.

The problem with releasing all the A-listers first is your not going to be in business very long.

I think the abomination looks great. He's a character that is bigger than the hulk and they really had to make him that big to get it across. The scales have such detail on them, and the face has a lot of expression. The she-hulk has this blank stare to it, and i hate the purple pants. Why PURPLE PANTS? Give her the one piece like Ms. Marvel.

Back