1/6 Sideshow Mythos Boba Fett Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
where is this video? Link please....

https://www.facebook.com/sideshowcollectibles/videos/769616303540093/

They're much more interested in discussing all of the various parts, than in showing you what he can look like posed. The cape should have been moved completely out of the way until the end, as it obscures the figure for much of the runtime.

I don't like the mythosaur decal on the pauldron and may remove it to paint one instead.

The gloves look light-years ahead of all HT Fett gauntlets, they are suitably weathered.

With the right hands arranging him, this figure will look great. I'd like to see someone who truly knows what they're doing, to pose and photo him.

He's still getting Cody's sniper rifle, tho. That is a 100% for-sure

Thanks Ramatuelle, i found it....just searched "Mythos Boba" on YouTube and it came up.

Ye Gods, that video! Cringe-inducing doesn't cover it. Sideshow is not doing the figure any favors with this. The mute button and the fast-forward feature will be your friend to get through this. A small recommendation to them...do these reveals like a cooking show...have the completed "dish" ready for reveal at the end. In this case, a well-futzed, dynamically posed figure replete with accessories. And just have the one guy doing the figure...the comic relief is not needed. Okay enough about that video...I'm sure some of the usual suspects will provide their well-produced takes on it in time...

Now that figure....wow! It looks really good. A vast improvement on the earlier versions of Fett that they produced, especially the jumpsuit and armor. The weathering looks really good too. The only design addition I don't care for are the "horns" drawn on the helmet...very "sharpie-esque" application there. The belt, holster, satchel and saber hilts all look really great. The poncho and skirt certainly are well weathered too and the wired edges look like a huge plus for futzing and posing.

I like the box art - it's cool that they followed the same model that they did in presenting Obi-Wan. Looks classy. Wish they had done something a little special with the stand (tan color or something at least). I do like the hex-base with the swivel support...it does add the option of moving away from the static museum pose.

I love the Mythos Kenobi and this looks like another great figure in that line. I'm already itching to get him out to the southwest in the new year for some photos.
Looking forward to some more videos and photos from those lucky enough to get this one soon!

Agree. Video was brutal. The commentary from the bearded guy was terrible and no clue what the girl with the computers purpose was. Terrible.

That said... figure looks great and super excited to get it.

A small recommendation to them...do these reveals like a cooking show...have the completed "dish" ready for reveal at the end. In this case, a well-futzed, dynamically posed figure replete with accessories. And just have the one guy doing the figure...the comic relief is not needed.

This bears repeating, and should happen for ALL figures, I think. IIRC these people actually said this was the first figure they'd actually gotten their hands on, feels like this was rushed just a bit. Take an extra day, get to "know" the figure.

Really, IMO they could have one "complete" posed figure right there to see, and have a second one they actually unbox and they can show all the persnickety little details and extras as they do that.

I'm already itching to get him out to the southwest in the new year for some photos.

Please post pix when you do that! :naughty

This is not on par with hot toys by the look of it in the review. The fake leather goods look thin and cheap, the decal of the mythosaur is cheap looking, the waist rope wraps look even cheaper. Based on my humble opinion this is typical sideshow quality. Also one pet peeve is that they simply wrapped a clone rife instead of the slightly exaggerated rifle that came with the statue...if I?m not mistaken. Helmet looks good, but again hot toys offers a true separate smoked acrylic visor...and not some painted black rendition which is part of the sculpt. These little quality details are what is lacking consistently with their products. Hot toys are not perfect but definitely better consistency in terms of quality.

the video is too long at a hour
I had to skip through out the video
SS should take note from other 1/6 scale or toy reviewer like Shartimusprime, Justin, etc..

anyways, figure looks amazing and cant wait to add him to my collection

[?] Also one pet peeve is that they simply wrapped a clone rife instead of the slightly exaggerated rifle that came with the statue...if Im not mistaken.

fett mythos1.jpg

Isnt the one shown with the statue a DC-15 clone trooper rifle? I don't know what that wrapped rifle the SSC figure has is, but its definitely not that.

Hot toys are not perfect but definitely better consistency in terms of quality.

HT quality varies. A big problem is that as of now, HT is not even offering this figure, we have no idea if they will at some future date. Right now, this is it.

It's too bad the stand couldn't be more like the statue.
Hopefully we'll see some reviews and pics this weekend...

This is not on par with hot toys by the look of it in the review. The fake leather goods look thin and cheap, the decal of the mythosaur is cheap looking, the waist rope wraps look even cheaper. Based on my humble opinion this is typical sideshow quality. Also one pet peeve is that they simply wrapped a clone rife instead of the slightly exaggerated rifle that came with the statue...if I?m not mistaken. Helmet looks good, but again hot toys offers a true separate smoked acrylic visor...and not some painted black rendition which is part of the sculpt. These little quality details are what is lacking consistently with their products. Hot toys are not perfect but definitely better consistency in terms of quality.

Exactly

That's a DLT-19 and not a Clone Rifle.

Thanks much, seriously.

Jedibear said:
It's too bad the stand couldn't be more like the statue.

So this means we'll be doing some stand modification, maybe. Or more like, I'll find a few rocks at the hobby store and make do. :wink1: Much depends on hip joint mobility and how well he'll hold a pose. We shall see!

The way they show the figure in their video, and the way he looks in certain promo images always reminds me of the Calcutta police dialogue in No One Lives Forever 2:

"What did they look like?"

"The man was about 6 feet tall with a bushy red beard, wearing a skirt."

"You mean a kilt?"

"I don't know much about women's fashion. Anyway, the girl looked European with brown hair, an orange shirt, and striped pants. She was the one with the gun."

"But the victim was stabbed."

"Just arrest them. We'll sort out the details later."

Back