Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice! Congrats!

Awesome that the lean is gone. Looks so much better.

Thanks. Yes, I could tell straight away and although I no longer have the original i much prefer this one although a real shame it didn’t come with Screech. Only issue I have is that the base says 420/750, the art box and shipper say 423/750 and there’s another sticker on the polystyrene that says 423/5000!

Thanks. Yes, I could tell straight away and although I know longer have the original i much prefer this one although a real shame it didn’t come with Screech. Only issue I have is that the base says 420/750, the art box and shipper say 423/750 and there’s another sticker on the polystyrene that says 423/5000!

Wow, that would be a first for me. I've never had a piece come in and the edition number is different between the base/box. That might be an issue if you decide to sell later. That discrepancy might come into question.

Aw man ...that sucks. What are you going to do? Are you planning on getting SSC to fix it?

Wow, that would be a first for me. I've never had a piece come in and the edition number is different between the base/box. That might be an issue if you decide to sell later. That discrepancy might come into question.

Aw man ...that sucks. What are you going to do? Are you planning on getting SSC to fix it?

Yes it’s certainly an odd one. I e-mailed Sideshow the photos and said exactly that - not planning on selling but if ever I should this will look odd. Maybe they could replace the boxes? Hope they can do something.

Yes it’s certainly an odd one. I e-mailed Sideshow the photos and said exactly that - not planning on selling but if ever I should this will look odd. Maybe they could replace the boxes? Hope they can do something.

Good call on letting SSC handle it. I would think the simplest solution would be to replace the shipper and art boxes.

Good call on letting SSC handle it. I would think the simplest solution would be to replace the shipper and art boxes.

Yes, I’ll see what they say. Only problem could be if someone else out there has my boxes and I have theirs! I guess they’ll get me to destroy them and send photos. Or maybe I have the wrong base and the correct boxes? ��

Either way it’s a great statue so I can’t complain too much ����

She-Ra arrived today!

D9CF50E2-01CA-4027-949C-30D102267003.jpg

Holy ****, I just got a shipping notice, and She-Ra has already arrived in my city! Should be delivered on Monday, but I'm going to call and see if I can pick up today!

Yes, I’ll see what they say. Only problem could be if someone else out there has my boxes and I have theirs! I guess they’ll get me to destroy them and send photos. Or maybe I have the wrong base and the correct boxes? ��

Either way it’s a great statue so I can’t complain too much ����

She-Ra arrived today!

Hey Mendoc, are you able to take a pic of your She-Ra head sculpt from a more front-on angle to see if there's the same mask asymmetry that mine has?

Hey Mendoc, are you able to take a pic of your She-Ra head sculpt from a more front-on angle to see if there's the same mask asymmetry that mine has?

Sorry, I actually meant to reply to you yesterday. Mine is the same, if not worse than yours (great video by the way). I suppose because it’s that flexible plastic it’s kind of hit and miss. I’m going to put something soft between her shoulder and the mask for a few days to try and bend it in to place permanently. I’ve also got paint issues in the hair, bit of a smudge on her chest and weak magnets. I know that these are all hand made etc and we can’t be too picky but some of the things that slip through do surprise me.

Sorry, I actually meant to reply to you yesterday. Mine is the same, if not worse than yours (great video by the way). I suppose because it’s that flexible plastic it’s kind of hit and miss. I’m going to put something soft between her shoulder and the mask for a few days to try and bend it in to place permanently. I’ve also got paint issues in the hair, bit of a smudge on her chest and weak magnets. I know that these are all hand made etc and we can’t be too picky but some of the things that slip through do surprise me.

Yeah, I worry those magnets arent as strong as they could be. The sword wielding one is definitely one you'd want to take off before moving it around. My sword sheath on the back is pretty weak too, but at least once the hair is in place it almost locks it in.

Shame about your mask though, particularly if you think it's worse than mine! You're right about the soft plastic. I've tried bending mine a little to even it out. Tends to go back to its natural position though. I guess from most angles it's not too noticeable.

Back