Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a bit miffed by that face and the thinking behind it as I don't think she's very pretty at all. If they were going for the plain girl next door then they succeeded.

When you compare this to SS Red Sonja, Gamorra, Darkess Queen (or whatever she is called) and Captain Marvel, She-Ra here isn't a patch on them.

I don't wish to insult the designer or sculptor but I am very dissapointed.

I agree with whomever it was that said she's missing the grit of the rest of the line. She's too straight out of the cartoon. The base doesn't fit in at all either with all the glitz and glam. I can't unsee Amy Schumer in the face.

I do really like the pose though.

She doesn't look anything like she did in the cartoon, that's kinda the problem. Large cheek bones, small heart shaped face, small chin and nose. That's not here at all. What are you talking about?

She extremely beautiful in the cartoon, in all art and though the statue is of an attractive enough woman she definitely what I call strikingly beautiful like Red Sonja, Captain Marvel or Queen of Darkness or whatever she is called. She-Ra here is what I call a very plain average girl.

But I do also agree that she lacks the grit of the other three.

I for one (as someone who has do a lot of official She-Ra work over the years) was so looking forward to SS interpretation, especially the face as they have always in my opinion produced the best female faces on statues. I'm not sure what happened here. Was is the sculptor's girlfriend face being used as reference I wonder as that is a very specific face?!

Holy ****!! I think this looks bloody amazing!!!

01.jpg

I was initially not too sure about the portrait, but after looking at all the photos, I think she looks great! This pic with He-Man sells it for me too! They complement each other really well I think.

21.jpg

Oh I'm still getting it lol. Shield exclusive is nice but almost would have preferred an alternate portrait without the gold headpiece.

Also looking at the lineup makes me realize I don't have Evil-Lyn and didn't plan on it but....damn

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Oh I'm still getting it lol. Shield exclusive is nice but almost would have preferred an alternate portrait without the gold headpiece.

Also looking at the lineup makes me realiz I don't have Evil-Lyn and didn't plan on it but....damn

Yeah, I love Evil-Lyn. The weird lean forward I corrected by just placing some folded paper under the front of the base to make her stand more perpendicular to the ground. Looks better that way, but regardless the overall details on her are great! I just hope they announce more of the core bad guys like Beastman, Triklops, Merman, and Trapjaw! I'm hoping they do a Hordak too to complement She-Ra.

Long face, small lips and large jaw line are not usually considered attractive but I guess to some they are and that's cool.

She definitely is not universally seen as gorgeous like Red Sonja or Captain Marvel though and the fact that many also feel she is actually unattractive says it all. Everybody should be saying she is super pretty. She-Ra's beauty should not be a debate. In my opinion Evil Lyn statue is a more beautiful woman and Evil Lyn should never better more beautiful than She-Ra in my opinion.

I think she looks gorgeous. I can see that they've gone more for a "fresh face" than the more elegant beauty of the cartoon. But I actually think it works well. I really like the design over all.

Love it and will definitely order. Would like to have seen the outfit slightly more weathered, not as much perhaps as He-Man and Skeletor but just a bit.

Long face, small lips and large jaw line are not usually considered attractive but I guess to some they are and that's cool.

She definitely is not universally seen as gorgeous like Red Sonja or Captain Marvel though and the fact that many also feel she is actually unattractive says it all. Everybody should be saying she is super pretty. She-Ra's beauty should not be a debate. In my opinion Evil Lyn statue is a more beautiful woman and Evil Lyn should never better more beautiful than She-Ra in my opinion.

The troof has been spoken.

Back