Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not gonna write it off until we get some proto pics, but certainly would have preferred they had stuck with the He-Man series characters.

Same here. Would have liked a few more of the regular he-man characters before going into the spin off.

So awesome to see She-ra but I thought there was more chance of Teela or Sorceress or whoever else was on the art print, due to her missing from that.

In either case though I'm glad they were able to get her in there as she was who I wanted more than anyone else on that print.

ok just got mine...its fantastic.

you can easily display without that cape and the staff does slide down.

the trick to getting the staff all the way down is to twist it on clockwise then counter clockwise, back and forth, and it will slide right down with decent pressure.

This worked for me as well. Definitely don't need to push down on the top of the staff. Slow turn with light pressure worked great!

She-Ra's nice, and at least the series isn't dead. But i would've definitely preferred the core characters from the premium art print! Hopefully the style of the She-Ra is the same as the current three.

Having She-Ra next saves me from getting Evil-Lyn. So this works out for me perfectly.

skele_zpsodvp184e.jpg

She-Ra's nice, and at least the series isn't dead. But i would've definitely preferred the core characters from the premium art print! Hopefully the style of the She-Ra is the same as the current three.

Putting out She-Ra instead of Teela or Sorceress might be the last nail in the coffin for this series. I don't think She-Ra will sell that well.

Well, I stand corrected but like Megacolor, I don't think it bodes well for the rest of the series. Seriously, so much other characters would have sold like hotcakes. Man-at-Arms, Trapjaw, Teela, Sorceress, Beastman, Hordak, even Mer-Man.

Anyway, I can't wait to see more of She-Ra. Maybe she'll be interesting enough for me to buy both her and Evil-Lyn.

If the She-Ra statue is good, I think it will sell, not as well as He-Man or Skeletor but I think more so than say Hordak. I would think there will be some buying She-Ra just because she's a Sideshow Collectibles female warrior statue.

Well, I stand corrected but like Megacolor, I don't think it bodes well for the rest of the series. Seriously, so much other characters would have sold like hotcakes. Man-at-Arms, Trapjaw, Teela, Sorceress, Beastman, Hordak, even Mer-Man.

Anyway, I can't wait to see more of She-Ra. Maybe she'll be interesting enough for me to buy both her and Evil-Lyn.

orko, Stinkor, Moss man, webstor, ram man, stratos, faker, prince adams.....WOW the possibilities.

So the hands on Skeletor that I have been hearing are loose have me a bit concerned. So much so, that I am thinking of cancelling my EX. Does anyone have strong magnets on this guy?

Hoping to unbox mine soon. Everyones pics looks so good. Keep hearing about this hands issue, would a thin magnetic disc help?

Hoping to unbox mine soon. Everyones pics looks so good. Keep hearing about this hands issue, would a thin magnetic disc help?

It's not an issue for me. Magnets are strong enough. Male part is a bit smaller than the female part is all. It has a lot of play when twisting. Nothing's falling out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the She-Ra statue is good, I think it will sell, not as well as He-Man or Skeletor but I think more so than say Hordak. I would think there will be some buying She-Ra just because she's a Sideshow Collectibles female warrior statue.

I think it would be quite the opposite, and Hordak would be the more popular one over She-Ra. People like Skeletor more than He-Man, so much so, that some just bought Skeletor for the way he looks. Looking quite evil and bad@ss!!

So the hands on Skeletor that I have been hearing are loose have me a bit concerned. So much so, that I am thinking of cancelling my EX. Does anyone have strong magnets on this guy?

Mine are fine. Some people get lemons. It happens with every statue that is put out.

Here is my Skeletor statue.

15780887_1086480434794352_3389894541987663711_n.jpg

15781593_1086480458127683_8748844335490213459_n.jpg

15740750_1086480488127680_114101697865682630_n.jpg

15741061_1086480474794348_7964519457975519509_n.jpg

15780939_1086480444794351_2690395435648718544_n.jpg

15578975_1086480498127679_6181056786908649382_n.jpg

I have to say, Im really liking both He-Man & Skeletor as perfect complimentary pieces to one another. I think Sideshow used the right combination of mixed media on both pieces, especially on Skeletor, with all those fragile area's on his armor. The use of pvc was well thought out on the area's where it is appropriate to use it on. Otherwise they would have had a ton of quality control issues on this one. These two will be staying in my collection for a long long time.

I have to say, Im really liking both He-Man & Skeletor as perfect complimentary pieces to one another. I think Sideshow used the right combination of mixed media on both pieces, especially on Skeletor, with all those fragile area's on his armor. The use of pvc was well thought out on the area's where it is appropriate to use it on. Otherwise they would have had a ton of quality control issues on this one. These two will be staying in my collection for a long long time.

Was it difficult to get the head of the staff down all the way on the staff? I assume no heat treatment needed, just some gentle rotation back and forth?

Back