Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only seen mine but I'm convinced the staffs must vary in length. Perhaps different batches? Mine doesn't go all the way but I can tell that there wouldn't be room in the staff head to go much further. Also the hand can be moved up and down the staff and depending on how you angle the staff this could also help to bring the hand and head nearer.

I adjusted mine for ages but have now settled on a position and have stopped before I break something!

I feel like I will regret not paying the extra cash to get the exclusive Skeletor. That classic head is awesome.

Well. $150 more was a lot, though... :dunno

Was it difficult to get the head of the staff down all the way on the staff? I assume no heat treatment needed, just some gentle rotation back and forth?

No heat involved. Pretty simple clockwise & counter clockwise rotation, back and forth. The skull isn't glued on. Thank God.

I adjusted mine for ages but have now settled on a position and have stopped before I break something!

You cant break the rod. It's metal. Just give it a little force, back and forth rotation.

I feel like I will regret not paying the extra cash to get the exclusive Skeletor. That classic head is awesome.

Well. $150 more was a lot, though... :dunno

That $150 more is a guaranteed investment, and just doubled. lol! ;) I can only see the exclusive go up in value. I thought I would have changed out the head sculpts every so often. But seeing this classic head, and how it goes so well with the rest of the statue, I have no urge to change out to the regular portrait at all.

No heat involved. Pretty simple clockwise & counter clockwise rotation, back and forth. The skull isn't glued on. Thank God.

You cant break the rod. It's metal. Just give it a little force, back and forth rotation.

That $150 more is a guaranteed investment. I can only see the exclusive go up in value. I thought I would have changed out the head sculpts every so often. But seeing this classic head, and how it goes so well with the rest of the statue, I have no urge to change out to the regular portrait at all.

You are absolutely right!

Please all ignore my last post - just persevered for a bit longer and it has indeed twisted on. Thanks!

You are absolutely right!

Please all ignore my last post - just persevered for a bit longer and it has indeed twisted on. Thanks!

this is exactly what i posted on the last page.

for all the others that come here.....these don't vary. at all. the same procedure has worked for all of us.

twist back and forth with a tad of pressure and it goes ALL THE WAY in. not kinda sorta....

:hi5:

this is exactly what i posted on the last page.

for all the others that come here.....these don't vary. at all. the same procedure has worked for all of us.

twist back and forth with a tad of pressure and it goes ALL THE WAY in. not kinda sorta....

:hi5:

You certainly did, and I'm glad I tried again! Cheers. Only problem is, the staff head now looks wonky..to my OCD eye anyway...��

I think it would be quite the opposite, and Hordak would be the more popular one over She-Ra. People like Skeletor more than He-Man, so much so, that some just bought Skeletor for the way he looks. Looking quite evil and bad@ss!!

Skeletor is an icon and was cool design. That is why he sold to both casual and diehards. She-Ra is massive pop culture icon and is a SS female statue. SS female statues regardless of the character sell very well and there's a lot of merchandise of She-Ra to prove her pop culture icon status.
Hordak is cool but not an icon in the way Skeletor, He-Man or She-Ra are which is why there no merchandise of Hordak out there bar one Pop vinyl.
My point is that She-Ra simply has a far broader appeal than any other secondary MOTU character and that is why she will sell well I think. Making Hordak after She-Ra might be an idea though.

Nice little statue. Don't want to come off too negative here, but does anyone else feel the statue is leaning a bit?

Yeah the video seems to show the evil-lyn really leaning forward too much. She should be a lot straighter in her stance I think. Hopefully the lean doesn't get worse over time!

I don't think she's leaning. She's standing with her weight on one hip and her back has a natural curve. It looks good to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think she's leaning. She's standing with her weight on one hip and her back has a natural curve. It looks good to me.

I hope it's just the perspective in how they showed her in the video. I cant remember the prototype pics showing that sort of lean. Should be out towards end of Feb I reckon going by the timing of the video.

Still don't like this statue. Her legs still look too short.

I say she's leaning ...but it doesn't matter what I say. Its the people that ordered this that will have to decide for themselves.

I am hoping She-Ra turns out just as good as He-Man and Skeletor ...then I'll get She-Ra for sure.

Maybe sooner than that. They showed the Skeletor video on 9 Dec and charged me on 21 Dec. Hope so anyway!

My wait-list just converted for Skeletor EX...So excited.
Same here.
My original thought was you can't have a He-Man without skeletor.
But with the reveal of She-Ra I'm contemplating just her. I've got 2 days to decide.[emoji54] [emoji54]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Same here.
My original thought was you can't have a He-Man without skeletor.
But with the reveal of She-Ra I'm contemplating just her. I've got 2 days to decide.[emoji54] [emoji54]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I really don't want to start a new line...Skeletor is just so nice that I wanted it, and even though I might have to get He-Man, but I won't break the wallet for the EX even though its pretty cool. I do want to add Evil-Lyn (she's a beauty) and probably She-Ra, but I won't get those.

Back