Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanna get this. But its looking like this is going to be the year of the waitlist for me. I got a feeling we're going to see a ton of new reveals, followed by more surprises at SDCC. So I don't want to just throw down money just yet until maybe by Sept/Oct when companies start to slow down on reveals.

PVC is not bad when used correctly, I mean if Hot Toys can make such impressive figures with plastic it shows it can be done. My fear is that SSC can't do it right or use it in the wrong way to cheapen the statue. I'm sorry but all I got as a reference for SSC's use of PVC was their Sups offering and they were extremely disappointing so hopefully they learned from those efforts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

which one u think is better...Joker Heath Ledger Premium Format or Skeletor?

I've seen the ledger one at ComicCon and it was amazing, I'm more of a movie statue collector so I'd say The Joker is hands down due to the size, quality, and amazing mix media that I saw on the statue. Skeletor was impressive but the Ledger in my opinion was beyond impressive just amazing!

Sideshow premium format joker and Batman Dark Knight. - YouTube

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is the Skeletor to compare video too, like I said impressive but I love mix media on my statues and that extra care on the suit for the Joker surpasses the cape that Skelli has along with it being a movie character it is then my pick if I were to choose between both.

Sideshow Collectibles HeMan and Skeletor at San Diego ComicCon 2015 - YouTube

But why choose just get both ha ha!

Max Power

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are we ever going to get an official answer on the PVC/ Polystone make up of this piece or will the Sideshow reps just ignor the stir???

How hard is it for a rep to literally post the make up of this piece? You would think that after Man-of-Steel-Gate they would learn to be a bit more descriptive in their "what's in the box" section.

Sideshow, we love this piece but some have concerns over the materials described on the buy page. Could we please have some enlightenment? It's really not to much to ask for a $500.00 piece... Other companies that have reps frequenting these forumS would be all over concerns and provide an immediate explanation and resolution for concerns.

Just seems like the reps always go quiet when some questions are asked...

Here is the Skeletor to compare video too, like I said impressive but I love mix media on my statues and that extra care on the suit for the Joker surpasses the cape that Skelli has along with it being a movie character it is then my pick if I were to choose between both.

Sideshow Collectibles HeMan and Skeletor at San Diego ComicCon 2015 - YouTube

But why choose just get both ha ha!

Max Power

hahaha...no i can't its too much $$$$ for me.Also I already have the Hot Toys Joker 2.0 so I'm good. Awesome videos tho... how much do you think the Joker will be price at?

Are we ever going to get an official answer on the PVC/ Polystone make up of this piece or will the Sideshow reps just ignor the stir???

How hard is it for a rep to literally post the make up of this piece? You would think that after Man-of-Steel-Gate they would learn to be a bit more descriptive in their "what's in the box" section.

Sideshow, we love this piece but some have concerns over the materials described on the buy page. Could we please have some enlightenment? It's really not to much to ask for a $500.00 piece... Other companies that have reps frequenting these forumS would be all over concerns and provide an immediate explanation and resolution for concerns.

I emailed them this morning about this and no response yet.

Honestly I thought after the Man of Plastic debacle and the disappointment of Reeve Sups they would have never use PVC again. It was obvious that customers were not happy that PVC was being use on any PF statue considering their cost. They were sneaky by not saying that The Man of Steel had any PVC and after that backlash they finally included the PVC disclaimer on Reeves but then they were cryptic about what part of Reeve was actually PVC until it came out. I just really thought that they would never use PVC again.

hahaha...no i can't its too much $$$$ for me.Also I already have the Hot Toys Joker 2.0 so I'm good. Awesome videos tho... how much do you think the Joker will be price at?

I emailed them this morning about this and no response yet.

I'm thinking 479.00 maybe even 500.00 considering the popularity of the Heath Ledger portrayal of Joker.

Getting ready to po this guy along with He-Man. I have one dumb question. Since I've thus far acquired all of my pieces from either people or SS via full pay - what are the noteworthy downsides to flexing these over the next year? If you cancel before it ships, I lose just the NRD, right? But don't they do an NRD with full pay since they don't charge until it ships?

Yes, there are cancellation fees on Flex pay orders (not sure what it is though since I don't flex or order something with a NRD unless I intend on keeping it). But Skeletor ends up being around $50 a month for 8 months if you Flex him now. Much better for me than $450 all at once, especially if he and He-Man end up shipping close together!

From Sideshow Collectibles site:
"Payment plans with Non-refundable Deposits (NRD)
If an item requires a non-refundable deposit combined with a payment plan, then the NRD will take the place of the cancellation fee schedule listed above."

Unless I'm reading this wrong, cancellations on items on flex with an NRD are not subject to the cancellation fees. You only loose the NRD. If true then you are better off not flexing items without an NRD, but I see no disadvantage for items with an NRD.

Cancellation Fees and Non-refundable Deposits | Sideshow Collectibles

Had decided I was going to pass on these. Too good to pass now with the updated color scheme and Ex of Skeletor. They will be ordered. Most likely with points.

Pardon me, but there's a change of color scheme to Skeletor?

The prototype at SDCC was all black. The licensor required it to be changed to blue. I personally like it better now.

2582ced.jpg
pic from statuemarvels

Back