Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so exclusive or regular head win battle? if ex is green then I think I stay with regular. You guys?

I think I like the reg head maybe a bit better to. But the ex head is still great to

I like both heads but the regular heads makes more sense for the body of the piece. Had the figure been made with a little more in the filmation style bigger muscular body, not so much armor, and a touch lighter blue the EX head would have made more sense than the regular head, I think. I'll have to try them both when I get it to really see which head looks better on him. Since I'm getting the PCS Skeletor I'll likely just keep the regular head on him, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm torn as well but I'll roll with the regular head to start since I also have PCS Skeletor on the way. Both heads are excellent really.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

okay I just got a reply back from SS.

"Thank you so much for your email!

I contacted a representative in our Production Team, and while this is still in the production phase, he was able to confirm the following:

-it may be either PVC/ABS that is used (still figuring which to go with) for the armor pieces
-this armor will ultimately protect the polystone resin used for the body, keeping it nice and clean and safe :) "

Excellent! Don't mind too much the armor being plastic but considering the price/size and being a high end collectible just sculpt the armor SSC, seriously,man. Why cheapen a perfect resin/polystone figure with plastic??

I see why they use plastic on the armor. Some area of the armor have some fine details and thin pieces. Those area more likely to break.

Last edited:
I've never owned a statue before (vinyl toys notwithstanding). How does Sideshow's paintwork usually stack up against prototypes? Sorely tempted by this but the promo shots look so perfect that anything less wouldn't be worth it.

I've never owned a statue before (vinyl toys notwithstanding). How does Sideshow's paintwork usually stack up against prototypes? Sorely tempted by this but the promo shots look so perfect that anything less wouldn't be worth it.

Hard to say. Sometimes they nail it (Joker PF), sometimes not (T2 Battle Damage PF).

Their advertisement piece gives you absolutely zero indication, good or not, of what the production statue will look like in any way in terms of paintwork.

Does anyone knows who paint the statues for them? Is it some poor kid in China making $2 an hour?

I don't know specifically about SS however in general statue companies aren't too shy about posting factory pictures and there aren't any kids. Also while still not amazing compared to US rates it is a job that requires a bit more skill then the normal factory job and as such it's fair to imagine that they make more than the normal factory worker in China. And all things relative of course, you want to look at standard of living/cost of living not the actual dollar amount. Salaries even in some states in the US would get you nothing but being homeless in areas with a high cost of living.

Excellent! Don't mind too much the armor being plastic but considering the price/size and being a high end collectible just sculpt the armor SSC, seriously,man. Why cheapen a perfect resin/polystone figure with plastic??

Relax dude. It's bc the pvs/plastic is more flexible, less brittle, and can hold tighter details. It's also less likely to break in shipment. This won't be the first statue in the world to do this. Chill out with the pvc talk.

I see why they use plastic on the armor. Some area of the armor have some fine details and thin pieces. Those area more likely to break.

Yes.

Relax dude. It's bc the pvs/plastic is more flexible, less brittle, and can hold tighter details. It's also less likely to break in shipment. This won't be the first statue in the world to do this. Chill out with the pvc talk.

Yes.

Not sure you'd be so relaxed if you got any of past PVC junk that SSC came out with and had to return while losing my initial deposit and paying to ship it back to them. Furthermore, considering how low key they've been in the past about what part of the figure was actual plastic I think my concerns are justified. After all, I don't think any collector would want to be surprised with a 450.00 statue looking and feeling like a 100.00 Neca toy, at least I don't, again.

But thank you I'm relaxed enough about it that I bought it and decided to take another chance on their "high end" PVC offering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like both heads but the regular heads makes more sense for the body of the piece. Had the figure been made with a little more in the filmation style bigger muscular body, not so much armor, and a touch lighter blue the EX head would have made more sense than the regular head, I think. I'll have to try them both when I get it to really see which head looks better on him. Since I'm getting the PCS Skeletor I'll likely just keep the regular head on him, though.

I'm starting to think this way, too. The EX head, although it looks great, would match better if the body was more like the filmation style. With that being said I'd actually be ok if I couldn't get the EX and had to get the REG. I'm waiting on the full reveal of Evil-Lyn before getting this on PO.

Back