Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait for the PO on this. Grew up watching the cartoons every Saturday so there's a lot of attached fond memories with it.

I'm liking He-Man a lot more now than when I did a week or so ago when the teaser pic came out. The red cape is a nice touch.

The sculpt for Skeletor is fantastic by and large. I don't know why they went with that skin color. Also, where are the two top straps for his crossbones emblem on his chest? It looks like it's floating there.

Now, don't you wish we were getting 12" figure versions of these?

Well ****. I'm eating crow right now. Even though that Skeletor has been "re-imagined" or whatever I absolutely see his vintage roots all over the place. His outfit, staff, even shin guards and bare clawed feet. Going "realistic" or modern for a classic character is damn slippery slope but that is just amazing.

:lecture

I am, one guy who doesn't care for MotU one bit, in love with these two statues.
Amazing reimagining!

I grew up in the 80's and i'm old school. To me PCS captured the he-man that i always watched and remembered in TV. While this is a different representation, i have to admit this is bad ass.

Not liking He-Man. Looks more like King Grayskull (or at worst, a generic barbarian character) to me.

Skeletor on the other hand... my, my, my. I don't know if that's really the Skeletor, but it sure is beautiful as a standalone statue. I do like it, but not enough to buy -- and I foresee the inevitable temptation to sell them when something more iconic comes along. Plus the final product will likely lose a decent amount of detail. Going to stick with PCS.

11174831_10206334235968632_4569659237036989257_n.jpg

11694003_10206334236048634_9083522817650864826_n.jpg

11044494_10206334236288640_1463171000211845536_n.jpg

11701168_10206334236448644_6123484532124148112_n.jpg

11692608_10206334236608648_1209753367966238062_n.jpg

11698453_10206334236968657_8274157587004026506_n.jpg

11698586_10206334237048659_5792063483708624493_n.jpg

11659225_10206334237488670_5983215304221130250_n.jpg

11666121_10206334237688675_6143808929321985954_n.jpg

(Photo Credit: Christopher Bove)

Was in bed, saw these on Facebook, and had to get out of bed to post them here for everyone. :lol

They're too good not to share. I'm going to go over what I have on order tomorrow, but these are all but sealing it for me. So long as Sideshow prices these right, they're too good to pass up. They're just superb!!!

Can't wait for the PO on this. Grew up watching the cartoons every Saturday so there's a lot of attached fond memories with it.

Me Too! The think that is has drawn me to these is the "adult" updated look to them, but keeping somewhat close to the character design. Very well done! Those BASES are killer! :rock

Oh... an I'm hoping for He-man to have his Battle axe switch out hand! Thoughts?

I didn't see the photos full size until this morning. Wasn't near a big screen (phone) last night. :(

The Skeletor is awesome. He-Man looks ok. Never thought it looked bad, but it's better than I thought it'd be. The face isn't as bad as I thought up close but still looks like how SS generally does their Thors which is older looking in the face than my perception of the character. Still prefer the PCS He-Man and Battle Cat.

Are these cloth capes on 1/5 scale? Has SS done this before? I don't recall if so.

A female in the line was hinted at...Teela, She-Ra, Sorceress or Evil-Lyn? Will be interesting to see how they'll reimagine a female for this and how much clothes she may or may not have (that Mattel will allow for, I guess).

If they make a Mer-Man that makes my jaw drop like Skeletor then that would pretty much force me to buy all three. Re-imagining designs is such a double edged sword though. If I'm not exactly on board with what they're thinking then they don't even have nostalgia to fall back on, just like their GI Joe.

But...I am very interested to see where they take this line.

If I got to choose I'd want Mer-Man and Sorceress next. Curious as to how the ladies will fare in this line.

:thud: Well, ****. I think Skeletor might just suck me into this. I wonder what the PCS version will look like, though... There's suddenly a lot of MOTU options lately.

yeah.. from not really many choices at all to too many lol. I'm guessing that PCS mixed media version of Skeletor will look similar to the bust they did. As that is the case for he-man.

I loved MOTU as a kid in the eighties but never considered collecting it as an adult...........................until now. That Skeletor is simply AWESOME. I have no interest in any of the other characters but Skeletor will be ordered. It will totally fit in with our Horror collection and LOTR Villain PF's. I can see this one being pretty sought after seeing as how it can appeal to more that just MOTU fans.

As soon as I saw the teaser for these I knew I'd have to have them & SS have knocked it out of the park

I will have both of these without a shadow of a doubt.

I'd love Sorceress & Evil Lynn as well but past that the cast of characters is far to wide to choose & I'm not sure I could be a completist for it but He-Man & Skeletor MUST be in my collection

2 of my fave pieces of the show.

Neil

:thud: Well, ****. I think Skeletor might just suck me into this. I wonder what the PCS version will look like, though... There's suddenly a lot of MOTU options lately.

yeah.. from not really many choices at all to too many lol. I'm guessing that PCS mixed media version of Skeletor will look similar to the bust they did. As that is the case for he-man.

I wouldn't call two completely different takes too many options! :lol But yes, PCS Skeletor will basically be the Skeletor from the '80s cartoon through and through.

As I mentioned when the tease was shown and everyone was hating on Sideshow for ruining their childhood, He-Man is actually TERRIBLE now. Absolutely terrible. Nostalgia is awesome...I had every damn He-Man figure that came out growing up. I loved the show...I was He-Man. I watched the show a couple of years ago, and it's SO bad. If someone can get through a full episode without facepalming and realizing that the show itself has ruined your childhood memories then I'd be impressed. :lol

What Sideshow has done is taken all our nostalgia for He-Man as children, and made it into a more realistic representation that would appeal to us as adults. And they've succeeded with flying colours!

Skeletor is worthy of all the praise he gets. I think he's so well done that it almost makes He-Man look generic to some. When all is said and done though, I believe He-Man will become more appealing to fans of the line. Once he's in-hand, I think people will regret not getting him over being happy they passed. This duo is one to watch! So long as Sideshow prices them right, then they'll have a healthy new line on their hands!

Oh, and :slap to those so quickly dismissing these after hearing they're 1/5th, as though it ruins them. I'm happy that's the route they've gone! More cost effective, and easier to display -- it's the perfect size for the line.

Back