Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They definitely look good, but don't scream "He-Man" at all to me.

These scream He-Man to me more than the PCS versions, oddly enough! :lol It's like He-Man became real, and not a kid's show, and Sideshow captured exactly how they'd look in that scenario...

I knew I was in trouble with the previews...but I'm not sure I can say no to these two. Dammit.

This was pretty much my exact reaction when I saw these pics. Frustrated disappointment that they were as good as I feared. :lol

wsod.gif

Lol!!! Yeah these are awesome and more then likely bought! I'm going to pass on the PCS He-man & battle cat for these. I need to find an art print from the artist they talked about previously.

I may be in the minority here but I actually dig He-Man more but I do like both.

yeah, that's my dilemma now.. do I pick up the PCS mixed media he-man and battlecat or pass now that these have been shown.

I may be in the minority here but I actually dig He-Man more but I do like both.

I'm sure you are in the minority. I think they're both fantastic though! I mean, these are INCREDIBLY complimentary pieces -- which is great! Skeletor came out so great that I wasn't even considering him, but now I'd find it odd to get He-Man without him.

That said, I'm still not sure I can jump on this line. Prices will DEFINITELY play a part in it. Anything above $400 would be really crazy -- but it's not like we can't think it's impossible. At $375 it's a lot easier to consider. Still, I just really need to think and plan ahead. Kind of make a virtual layout of where I think my collection is going, and then decide if these fit, or what may need to be passed on or put aside in order to make them fit.

I mean, I can only imagine She-Ra and Teela in this set! They could be crazy! :lol

These scream He-Man to me more than the PCS versions, oddly enough! :lol It's like He-Man became real, and not a kid's show, and Sideshow captured exactly how they'd look in that scenario...

I knew I was in trouble with the previews...but I'm not sure I can say no to these two. Dammit.

This was pretty much my exact reaction when I saw these pics. Frustrated disappointment that they were as good as I feared. :lol

wsod.gif

I get the vibe of 200x meets the movie with these pieces. I am classic all the way, but these pieces look so good it puts me all in. To me, they look like the natural evolution of a cartoon into an adult version. That's a tall order to pull off, but kudos to them, I'm blown away.

Well ****. I'm eating crow right now. Even though that Skeletor has been "re-imagined" or whatever I absolutely see his vintage roots all over the place. His outfit, staff, even shin guards and bare clawed feet. Going "realistic" or modern for a classic character is damn slippery slope but that is just amazing.

I totally agree with you Khev, Skeletor is a great example of how you can keep the original elements but update them w/o losing the character.

But with He-Man, I still see more generic barbarian warrior than He-Man. I think aside from the additional armor pieces, it's the Frazettaesque Conan head that's throwing it off for me.

But with He-Man, I still see more generic barbarian warrior than He-Man. I think aside from the additional armor pieces, it's the Frazettaesque Conan head that's throwing it off for me.

True, but by the same token it's kind of nice to finally see a He-Man who you can instantly tell would never, ever, use the word "fabulous." :lol

10954596_10206959571405879_4125457573289883356_n.jpg

Well, really the chest straps and sword are all He-man. Still Thea are two peas in a pod! :rock

:lol @Khev's comment "fabulous"

Yea, I think He-Man is instantly recognized by any child of the 80's once they see the chest straps and the sword. Take any American male 25-45 off the street and ask them who that is and I bet 95% of the people get it.

Well, I really need to see if I can sell blood :wink1: I love both of them! With this, MOTUC, the Mondo MOTU, the Darwyn Cooke DC line, the Animated Batman figs, Pops, etc. I don't know how to afford all of them. Looks like it's time for some overtime :gah:

Back