Sideshow Masters of the Universe Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a kid I was always a fan of Skeletor (the villains)
My older brother loved the good guys ie HE-Man Lion-O Optimus

It doesn't seem right buying one and not the other if I decide to collect the line. I'd stop with The two, no need for Evilyn

I hope the EX for both doesn't t sell out prior to the comic con unveils. I'd like to see SSC Marvel offerings before deciding. These look amazing though.

These two look great! I definitely want to make space. I'm just worried I'll be sucked into buying the rest of the collection, as I just read that there will be more releases following Evil Lyn.

I'm a Transformers and 1/6 collector also. Skeletor and he-man is so awesome tho....I don't want to get myself suck into collecting statues. Anyone have any advice for me if I pick them up?

Amazing statue! I thought I'd be alright with the PopCultureShock one but SSC's Skeletor is at another level that actually stands on its own aside from the Cartoon version. Tough one at 450.00 and it being 1/5 scale but I'm loving it! Although if I had one criticism for it it would be that I wish he be a little more bulkier muscular wise-like a bodybuilder's body. After all, all the characters in the cartoon were big like bodybuilders, the smaller more cut body is more of the newer MOTU series that I really didn't care for; still great and definitely a must to own!

I guess I always saw the MOTU characters no less bigger than this guy! Now this is a He-Man Masters of the Universe body! Anything less to me is small.

81c2b976693efc289090e727b9720422.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm a Transformers and 1/6 collector also. Skeletor and he-man is so awesome tho....I don't want to get myself suck into collecting statues. Anyone have any advice for me if I pick them up?

I would try to just get He-Man and Skeletor and refrain from the others. :pray:

The price jump is unfortunate but not expected. Not really unjustified either. Skeletor is more complex that He-Man. His base has that glowing lava effect, so the paint work is more intricate than He-Man's is so its not an unreasonable amount. Plus I think they know how much they nailed this piece and we're all going to order anyway :lol

Mega, it's a slippery slope. My advice is get a second job and get it now :)

I started out collecting transformers a long, long time ago from my childhood...fast forward and I've got more statues than I have room to display, not to mention a boat load on pre order.... You've been forewarned [emoji23]

Imaginarium Arts is coming out with a G1 transformer statue line this year. Pics look great. Check them out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Lift with your legs.

:lecture:lol nice!

I would try to just get He-Man and Skeletor and refrain from the others. :pray:

Thats what I'm going to try to do. Thanks!

Mega, it's a slippery slope. My advice is get a second job and get it now :)

I started out collecting transformers a long, long time ago from my childhood...fast forward and I've got more statues than I have room to display, not to mention a boat load on pre order.... You've been forewarned [emoji23]

Imaginarium Arts is coming out with a G1 transformer statue line this year. Pics look great. Check them out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I've seen the Imaginarium Arts stuff. I'm going to try to just pick up these 2 and I'm out....hopefully :pray:

I was into MOTU when I was a kid but it's nothing that I would have considered collecting now. I'm definitely picking up Skeletor (one and done)completely based on the awesome look of it. It'll also fit in nicely with our horror collection. I didn't think I would like the classic yellow head but it somehow is even better than the regular (which is amazing as well). I think it's the no eyeball look that pushes it over the reg for me.

I was into MOTU when I was a kid but it's nothing that I would have considered collecting now. I'm definitely picking up Skeletor (one and done)completely based on the awesome look of it. It'll also fit in nicely with our horror collection. I didn't think I would like the classic yellow head but it somehow is even better than the regular (which is amazing as well). I think it's the no eyeball look that pushes it over the reg for me.

This is basically where I am at as well.

This is basically where I am at as well.

And so are a lot of people I think. Sideshow smells the blood in the water on this one. Usually a $400+ collectible only appeals to the hardcore fans of a franchise but this guy's gonna have a much broader audience IMO based in large part to just how cool it looks.

Its a credit to SS that as somebody who never really watched or even liked MOTU as a kid, I ordered He-Man and will be doing so for Skeletor the moment he's up on the SS site tomorrow.

They look spectacular.

The metal on his armor reminds me of how they did it on the Lich King statue. It's awesome!
I think i'll pre-order this one directly at Sideshow. It's been a while since I did that.

Back