Sideshow LOTR wishlist for the next 3 years!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikkipog

Super Freak
Reaction score
this is just for fun, but i sure do hope that sideshow would be able to look into our answers here and maybe put our words and wishes into... well,... ACTUAL POLYSTONES!!!:naughty:naughty:naughty

if i remember it correctly, sideshow will be having The Lord of the Rings license til about three more years. and on the average, they release 2 premium format figures, 2 legendary scale busts, and 2 dioramas a year. so here's the question...

if we're only to have 6 more items from each of these LOTR lines (PF, LSB, dios), what pieces do you want sideshow to make?

Here are mine:

LOTR PREMIUM FORMAT:
1. SAURON!!!
2. Gil-galad
3. Uruk-hai Swordsman/ Crossbow Uruk-hai
4. Gandalf the Grey
5. Gothmog
6. Boromir

LOTR LEGENDARY SCALE BUST:
1. FELL BEAST!!!
2. Prologue Elven Warrior
3. Mouth of Sauron
4. Frodo & Sam (yup, i think they can be combined into 1 bust and still look great!)
5. Merry & Pippin (same as above)
6. Moria Orc/ Isengard Orc

LOTR DIORAMA:
1. SHELOB VS SAM & FRODO!!!
2. Mines of Moria (maybe they can include at least 3 members of the fellowship vs the cave troll and a moria orc)
3. The Fellowship of the Ring (in the iconic image of the fellowship lined up on top of a rocky mountain, made in 1:9 scale on top of a base like the one on the fell beast vs gwaihir dio)
4. Battle on the Pelennor Fields (done in the same scale as the fell beast vs gwaihir dio, with an oliphaunt (mumakil) facing off with eomer on horse, holding the spear he used on the rider)
5. & 6. maybe 2 more "expansion" pieces for "The Walls of Helm's Deep" dio, one with legolas and gimli fighting off more uruk-hais, and the other one with haldir and a galadrhim, vs even more uruk-hais! (done in the likes of the JLA build-a-scene statue)

i sure do hope they will extend their licensing for there are still a lot more pieces i want sideshow to make, but as for now, these are the ones i really want, literally, turned into stones!

let the answering begin!:banana:banana:banana

Last edited:
if we're only to have 6 more items from each of these LOTR lines (PF, LSB, dios), what pieces do you want sideshow to make?

Here are mine:

LOTR PREMIUM FORMAT:
1. SAURON!!!
2. Gil-galad
3. Uruk-hai Swordsman/ Crossbow Uruk-hai
4. Gandalf the Grey
5. Gothmog
6. Boromir

LOTR LEGENDARY SCALE BUST:
1. FELL BEAST!!!
2. Prologue Elven Warrior
3. Mouth of Sauron
4. Frodo & Sam (yup, i think they can be combined into 1 bust and still look great!)<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="https://toysplenty.com/wordpressblog/?tracker=4075" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>
5. Merry & Pippin (same as above)
6. Moria Orc/ Isengard Orc

I'd also like the first 4 PF choices, but as for the busts how would you combine both Frodo&Sam?

PF = Boromir, Sam, Merry and Pip (as 1 'double' purchase) and Gimli.

Dio= Shelob has been made already by SS/W so thats out. A multi piece Counsel of Elrond would be cool, Legolas shield surfing at Helms Deep, Treebeard stamping on Grishnak whilst holding Merry and Pip :naughty

Dioramas for me!
1.Treebeard with Merry and Pippin
2.Fight in the mines of moria
3.Council of Elrond
4.Sam vs Shelob
5.Gandalf the white on the walls of Minas Tirith
6.Hobbits hiding behind the tree from the nazgul

I am only collecting the LOTR Pf's at the moment, so that sways my vote a little bit. I'd love to see in no particular order
Boromir
Saruman
Gimli
Ringwraith
Sam
Merry and Pippin (as a two-fer)

I'd also love to see Gandalf the Grey get the PF treatment!

:lecture :lecture Yes!! This is the only LOTR items I'll be buying.. I've boycoted everything else.. BECAUSE MY FELLOWSHIP IS NOT COMPLETE!!! :monkey2

Do you mean the 12" figures or the polystone statues which were made by WETA and distributed by Sideshow?

I'd briefly thought of dropping out of SS LOTR offerings once I heard the news that the Fellowship in PF is doubtful, but that seems to much like cutting your nose of to spite your face as there has been some great stuff made recently.

The 2 PF's I would be most happy to see are Éowyn and Arwen. We've had enough bad and good guys. It's time for the women of LOTR.

I'd like to see Arwen and Eowyn too, as Galadriel is sorely underrated. Bilbo would be great as well, and I know they would try to avoid something to similar to the SSW statue, but having Bilbo on the barrel at his birthday celebration would be amazing in PF scale and detail!

:lecture :lecture Yes!! This is the only LOTR items I'll be buying.. I've boycoted everything else.. BECAUSE MY FELLOWSHIP IS NOT COMPLETE!!! :monkey2

if you've read the latest Q & A over at sideshow's site, and i mean READ IT CAREFULLY...

From a previous round of Ask Sideshow: “While the LOTR release schedule has slowed a bit, we hope to deliver THE pieces that you want most.” … Could this mean THE pieces folks have been most talkback vocal about wanting, a completed 12-inchthe final offered products of Merry, Pippin and Gimli are not crappy in any way whatsoever but are on par with Sam, Frodo and Gandalf, especially in terms of likeness. That would be the ultimate bummer if they were finally offered but were not great. I think that would push me toward much more selective and occasional collecting from there on.
Nope, the comment was intended to invite you to submit ideas for the active lines, like Premium Format or Dioramas. We are not going back to LOTR 12-inch in the immediately future.

so i think you guys should just let it go.

compared to the statues, bust, dioramas and pf the 1/6 figures are poor in my opinion!
i dont care about a full fellowship, just good work.
if you want a full fellowship just get the busts

compared to the statues, bust, dioramas and pf the 1/6 figures are poor in my opinion!
i dont care about a full fellowship, just good work.
if you want a full fellowship just get the busts

exactly my point! you just took the words out of my mouth bro! happy to know someone here knows where i'm coming from.:banana:banana

my lotr wants would be:
1) ringwraith PF!!
2) Saruman PF..
3) Gimli PF..
4) Gollum PF..
I would also love to see some type of cave troll PF even if it is scaled down..:D

Back