Statue Sideshow LION-O Statue.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Then it'll go to fake wait list followed by everyone's wait list reservation miraculously converting almost immediately.

I like the pose and paint, I think the artists rendition is well conceived. I like the symbol on the chest rather than the belt. I think it is a good representation. As a kid I had all the toys and they were pretty cheesy. I think this is a good departure from the toys and original cartoon. The one knock for me is the exclusive portrait is better than the regular. They should have made the ex portrait the main one and did something else for the exclusive.

I appreciate your opinion and fully accept we all have different preferencees, but I think if you are doing a rather obscure figure like this, even updated, it still needs to carry over some of the original feel. By your post it doesn't sound like you think it does either. I think Sideshow did this very well with Mumm-Ra and Skeletor, and reasonably well with He Man and Evil-Lyn, but I think this Lion-O fails in every aspect. If it was just the silly pose, or the outfit (no offense but cheesy seems an odd complaint for such a character) that looks little to nothing like any Lion-O iteration, or the foolish idea to make the only piece that semi-works exclusive, I could accept it, but as a whole I just think this completely fails.

Also, it doesn't marry up well with the Mumm-Ra at all. That's a minor nit, but again, as a whole.

d793d3565daf66b65e1a2e0710566dc1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They should do a mummy - mumm-ra combo statue to show kind of a transformation thing. It's shame both of these statues just aren't great to me. I'd have definitely considered Mumm-Ra if the pose and expression was better.

Wow! Shows the interest. They did an unboxing and I still had to find this on page 4. Sorry to resurrect it.

Back