Sideshow life size R2-D2 (2016 version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did sideshow mention anything about (re)releasing a life size C3PO to go with this? If they are, I'm getting this hehe

When all said and done probably close to SS $7500 or even 10K. But a lot depends how crazy you get. You want all the panels to open, control it on your iPhone, etc. And then what do you want to build it out of, I went all aluminum (most expensive), but you can go wood or styrene for other parts. If you considering definitely check out https://astromech.net/

Also a lot of builds on youtube.

Missed this one...

So it costs $6K to make back in 2008-2010. What would this cost now?

Pretty sad that if this were even half that price I would be all over it. Ive always wanted a lifesize Rtoo, just not at that insane price.

First post and all but for what its worth to anyone I have less than that into my build and he is fully functioning, sound, electronics, dome and foot drives and some other servo panels and doors. He is a mix of Styrene, wood, aluminum, resin and 3D parts. About a year into the build but it has been an awesome experience learning how to build and their are some really great people and resources in the buildres club. For anyone thinking they can not figure it out and do it, which is where I started, you can! Getting into some of the fun stuff now like arms and scanners and what not.

Not a knock on anyone who want this but if you have the budget for it, maybe look into doing your own build, Sideshow version can not go to movie premieres and trick or treating with your kids, your own build can!

My R2 is a collector too. :wink1:

I owned the first R2 and all I can say is you will be disappointed with it and should buy a full scale R2 from the r2 Builders club. The Sideshowtoy R2 is made of some sore of ceramic material and breaks easily. Do not waste your money. Trust me on this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back