Sideshow Jedi Luke Skywalker Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jedi Luke Premium Format.

what time do people usually get the newsletters? Thursday nights? I tend to get mine Friday afternoons after items are already sold out. I don't want to miss this.

Login on their homepage, never wait for the email. :wave :lecture

NLs come out at around 6 pm PST.

what time do people usually get the newsletters? Thursday nights? I tend to get mine Friday afternoons after items are already sold out. I don't want to miss this.

#1 Don't wait for the newsletter to show up in your email just read it when it goes live at 6:00 pacific on Thursdays.

#2 I think there will be a lot of them (like the Yoda) so it probably won't sell out real fast.

#3 Even if it does sell out get on the waitlist as soon as you can and you will get one.

4158730672_5ce214e3ab_o.jpg

Okay...NOW I'M PUMPED!! :rock :rock :rock

No light up feature is kind of a bummer... as this would likely be my first SW PF. But, kind of makes sense that the design of the hilt would not allow for it.

Rather have an accurate looking hilt w/no light up that something like MR did with their FX lightsaber:
luke_fx.jpg

Good point on the hilt being a factor in electronics, my guess is if the saber doesn't light, that is the reason.

As far as his saber hilt, I know some of the folks who know the various hilts used in the movie don't like the one that's used on the 1/6 or this PF for accurracy, but I do, I never knew of the other version and I've spent my whole life enjoying this look as Luke's ROTJ saber.

The one most commonly used is the "Hero" v1. Its the copper necked version and the version that LFL wants to be used on all official Luke products so it'll be the one in this one.

Someone could always paint it to look like the V2 stunt saber. I prefer the look of this one as well.

Well structurally its the same except for the emitter which is larger on the v2 because it was originally a stunt Obi-Wan ANH that was altered. The control box on the v2 is the one from the ESB/ANH model of Luke's saber and it has the knob from an X-Wing Pilot's uniform as well as the bent nail at the plummel. It'd be a pain for someone to do on a statue itself but I've seen people create one from the mini lightsabers Master Replicas used to put out.

I agree that this should be the version 2 saber, but I guess LFL had something to say about it.

LFL only wants Luke product with the v1 so that's what it will be. Master Replicas wanted to do a v2 for a long time and it wasn't only towards the end of their line that they got permission. I doubt Sideshow will even want anything but the v1 since its supposed to be representative of what people remember not what fans dissect.

The V2 saber was used more than the Hero version in the movie. I like it cause it shows battle damage and looks better to me.

He actually used a bunch in ROTJ:

full-comparison-v2.jpg

The v2 is visible in the catching lightsaber from R2-D2 scene, Getting shot in the hand scene, slicing the Speederbike scene, its on his belt in Ewok Village, its seen in the scene where his lightsaber is handed over to Vader (not for close-up of control box in Vader's hands, but rest of that scene) and also seen on the Emperor's armrest.

#1 Don't wait for the newsletter to show up in your email just read it when it goes live at 6:00 pacific on Thursdays.

#2 I think there will be a lot of them (like the Yoda) so it probably won't sell out real fast.

#3 Even if it does sell out get on the waitlist as soon as you can and you will get one.

I dont get the newsletter in my email box until friday anyways. lol

This will be mine! Don't care if the exclusive is the tunic. I'll display him without it anyway. Has it been confirmed that the lightsaber won't light up?
Was the Ben Kenobi PF hilt altered because of the light?

This will be mine! Don't care if the exclusive is the tunic. I'll display him without it anyway. Has it been confirmed that the lightsaber won't light up?
Was the Ben Kenobi PF hilt altered because of the light?

nothing will be confirmed until the newsletter/PO this Thurs. Until then, it's just a bunch of speculating as usual:lol

Nevermind. It looks like they had to make it thicker.
7141_press06-001.jpg

I'll take the more accurate hilt look over the light feature. I barely even turn on any of the lights on my PFs anyway.

Hi Guys,

I'm new here and this is my first post. I have a few questions regarding

the ordering process for the premium Luke. I registered for the

newsletter, can you please tell me what I have to do in terms of

ordering? Do I wait until 4pm PST and simply order? or do I have to

login username and password, and then order. I want the exclusive

edition. Do I also have to create an account before or can I do it when

I place my order. Thank you.

Definitely create your Sideshow and newsletter accounts prior to ordering, as Luke may go quickly. The newsletter usually comes at 5pm PST, but sometimes as late as 6pm. Even if you missed out, get on the waitlist ASAP, as it will convert.

Didn't everyone think Dooku wasn't going to light up but then SSC said yes he will light up. I don't see why this won't light up to be honest.

Didn't everyone think Dooku wasn't going to light up but then SSC said yes he will light up. I don't see why this won't light up to be honest.

Dooku wasn't going to light up initially, then due to the demand SS changed the design. :wave

Back