SIDESHOW INDIANA JONES!.......

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murderofcrows71

Super Freak
Reaction score
....well sort of, I decided to pick up a regular Han Solo and see what could be done to make an Indiana Jones figure out of him. I may still do a few tweaks here and there but this is what I have so far....
indiana1.jpg

indy1.jpg

indy4.jpg

indy3.jpg

indy5.jpg

indy2.jpg

Not bad at all! :clap The hat is quite big though, are there other options out there?

LOTRFan said:
Not bad at all! :clap The hat is quite big though, are there other options out there?
There may be down the road, I did model the hat after Raiders which had a higher non tapered crown and a wider brim. In person the hat really doesn't look as bad, but I may switch it, unless Sideshow does release a Indy fig, here's hoping.

Very nice!! This is something I have wanted to try and pull off but had no supplies or gonads big enough to attempt it....

Great work man!!! :chew

Thanks DA. Yeah I basically just wanted to see if it could be done. I give Sideshow all the credit in the world for tailoring clothes in 1/6 scale for their bodies though. You can see how the Indy shirt and coat make the Han figure look like he's got no neck. Eventually I'm gonna go back and redo the stubble on the face. I painted the face to look a tad sunburnt and sealed it before adding the stubble. After that the paint and chalk for the beard seemed to go on all patchy, so I'll wipe it off and redo it, but I'm leaving for vacation Sunday to your end of the world DA. Not much time to work on Indy, or the medicom Sparrow figure yet, plus maybe I'll find some Indy stuff at MGM/Disney.

Oh by the way to all the naysayers about the Han sculpt and it not having Ford's nose, if you can't see the crooked nose of Ford's after this repaint I don't think you ever will.
indy5.jpg

Cool MOC! Have a good time in Orlando! I was just there last weekend. It's about an hour and a half from my house. :D

Again, awesome work on that Indy.... he looks insanely good. Can't wait to see what you do with the Jack as well!

Collector Freak said:
The beard is too thick. It should be subtle stubble.
I agreed two posts above, I'll redo it in a week

Eventually I'm gonna go back and redo the stubble on the face. I painted the face to look a tad sunburnt and sealed it before adding the stubble. After that the paint and chalk for the beard seemed to go on all patchy, so I'll wipe it off and redo it, but I'm leaving for vacation Sunday

haha!
that is a VERY nice custom!
I like it a lot.
I think the eyes could be changed to look a little more"lazy" or onyl show half of the iris
indianajonessig22222copyhq0.png

indianajonessigcopyju8.png

Murderofcrows71 said:
I agreed two posts above, I'll redo it in a week

Very Nice! I have a question if you don't mind. What jacket did you use? Did you make it yourself or purchase? Thanks!

Figuremaster Les said:
Yeah, that is a nice jacket! And I wanna know....
WHERE ON EARTH DID YOU GET A 1/6 ARK OF THE COVENANT?!?!?!
Please, share with us!:D

Hi Les, I just bought a Indiana Jones jacket, shirt and pants on the BAY....check out the link. A bit pricey , but worth it.

https://www.blackopstoys.com/

Click on the relic hunter link.

I just want to say that I am a fan of all your work...your stuff is truly outstanding.

If I may ask...Is Bob Burns as cool as he seems? Also what part of his collection would you say that you enjoyed the most?

And yeah...Where does one come across a 1/6 scale Arc of the Covenant?

Thanks for the link Razz!
As for my work, thanks. I try. :eek:

(Off topic just a sec, then back to Indy)

Bob Burns?!?! He is absolutely the best guy I have ever met! He is EXACTLY like what you imagine him to be, nice as hell, giving of his time, welcoming, and most of all, one heck of an entertainer! Just his stories, like the one about where he and the guy that co-made Invasion of the Saucermen, Paul Blaisdell, made up this guy, it was a test mind you, with pure latex, and pulled his eyebrows and eyelashes off...man...you laugh your keister off listening to that guy! I love old Bob. He is 100% GREAT GUY!
Not enough can be said about him.

What I loved the most about his collection, all of it. Mostly the ALIENS, mostly...:D

Now, I have answered your queries....

So...back to business...

WHERE DOES ONE GET AN ARK OF THE COVENANT! :D

Figuremaster Les said:
Thanks for the link Razz!
As for my work, thanks. I try. :eek:

(Off topic just a sec, then back to Indy)

Bob Burns?!?! He is absolutely the best guy I have ever met! He is EXACTLY like what you imagine him to be, nice as hell, giving of his time, welcoming, and most of all, one heck of an entertainer! Just his stories, like the one about where he and the guy that co-made Invasion of the Saucermen, Paul Blaisdell, made up this guy, it was a test mind you, with pure latex, and pulled his eyebrows and eyelashes off...man...you laugh your keister off listening to that guy! I love old Bob. He is 100% GREAT GUY!
Not enough can be said about him.

What I loved the most about his collection, all of it. Mostly the ALIENS, mostly...:D

Now, I have answered your queries....

So...back to business...

WHERE DOES ONE GET AN ARK OF THE COVENANT! :D

Les, thanks for sharing that story. Sounds like Bob is great guy and sounds like you had a blast with him. I can only imagine what stories he must have to tell......:D

Any update on the mystery of the Arc of the Covenant??? :confused: :emperor

OKay OKay the 1/6 scale Ark was originally bought from a fellow customizer who sells tons of Indy props. After getting one of his I changed a few things and am getting ready to gold leaf the whole thing soon. His site can be found here
https://groups.msn.com/mikes12indycustomsmore/mikescustomindianajonesactionfiguresandaccessories.msnw

As for the Indy figures coat it was from the chinese Relic Hunter figure that was released about four years ago. I got that and added the straps to the back and the "D" rings. I haven't seen one of those figures in a while.

Murderofcrows71 said:
OKay OKay the 1/6 scale Ark was originally bought from a fellow customizer who sells tons of Indy props. After getting one of his I changed a few things and am getting ready to gold leaf the whole thing soon. His site can be found here
https://groups.msn.com/mikes12indycustomsmore/mikescustomindianajonesactionfiguresandaccessories.msnw

As for the Indy figures coat it was from the chinese Relic Hunter figure that was released about four years ago. I got that and added the straps to the back and the "D" rings. I haven't seen one of those figures in a while.

Thanks for the site! Really appreciate it.

So you added the straps and the D rings?Is it real leather?
I just bought one on ebay and according to the seller it's the Relic Hunter jacket. From the pictures it looks like it has the straps and d-rings.....:confused: Uh oh. I hope i didn't get taken for a ride?

Dathrazz, I recently purchased a 'Relic Hunter', and posted some pics in this thread. https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10316&page=9&highlight=indy

I had one pic of the back of his jacket. You may not be able to see it clearly, but the straps on his jacket are actually two circular rings. Same as what motorcycle helmuts use. You are then able to tighten the straps. Hope that helps to boost your confidence in your purchase.

Back