Sideshow Imperial AT-AT Driver Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wanted to add to the mix. Love this figure :)

801afa8dbe6cdc1907e4e2007cf7fe60.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello guys my AT-AT driver arrived with some paint issues on the back of head and on his left eye. Anyone got the same problem? That's clearly some fingertips from the paint guy...[emoji20]
924e17e31e376bbee38ba6ee79f5c0cc.jpg

4e62a94856c4602142cdda163e7363bb.jpg

fd755ca496e901da51baea7fe31689f6.jpg

Anyone has a quick/easy solution at these?

Contact sideshow for a replacement head for sure!!

Funny how this pops up right wen I'm getting ready to order this guy. I'm having second thoughts now...

I love those clear display stands! I've been looking for a "minimalist" solution that lets light pass through and these are perfect. Do you mind if I ask where you bought them from?

Not at all. Stoney's Stands on Facebook. Here is the link https://m.facebook.com/StoneysStand...ad/[URL] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Managed to snag this guy for $180 using a $30 code during Spook.:yess::yess::yess: - though probably the pricepoint it should have been. $210 just seemed too high to me.

Very excited as I almost grabbed the parts from TA ($141 to complete a basic ATAT figure minus the body,) but then managed to get the boxed fig plus the EX rifle (which I really, really wanted:clap) for only $40 more.

I needed a light grey armor ATAT driver to go with my white armor custom Marmit. It's really one of my all-time SW fave designs, so glad to have the white/grey "set." While the SSC fig does have inaccuracies, it's still a great fig - though I may put him on a shorter, less muscular body.

Will post some side-by-sides with my heavily modded Marmit when he arrives.

I just got this figure and it's really one of Sideshow's best. There are inaccuracies to the helmet and chestbox (that are screamingly obvious to me, but I recently rebuilt the Marmit so know the ref pics well) but the extreme crispness of the detail and flawless paint apps - even under a magnifying glass - is really something. What I love is it feels like a real costume shrunken down.

And the rifle is simply the best EX accessory I've ever gotten - it's amazingly well designed/engineered but really gets the nostalgia buzz going too. I thought I'd use it every so often but it goes with the figure really well, so I'll be displaying him that way.

Overall, the Marmit still wins in overall helmet accuracy but like their stormie/sandie, the Marmit vinyl material is a fairly soft sculpt in comparison to the ultra-crisp newer efforts. If Marmit had today's technology, it's amazing to think how good their figures would have been.

The one thing I really dislike about the SSC figure is - yet again - the body. The legs flop around and can't hold a pose, the hips are too wide (giving the slight pear shape) and the arms just can never lay flat alongside the body. The neck joint is loose so the head flops around (though the pipes help support it.) The wrist joints are also too tight, meaning when you try to swap the hands, the wrist pegs pull out of the (slightly rubbery) hands and stay in the wrist and need pliers to remove. It makes it very difficult to swap hands. It also makes the figure more than a 1/4" too tall.

I may try to tweak the SSC helmet with paint to make it a bit more accurate, but not sure yet as it is pretty damn cool. I couldn't put this thing down for an hour after I opened it.:clap

ATATs2_zps3iqp58dz.png

ATATs1_zpsq78u2luv.png

Great work Tali! Both figures look terrific, the scale is just a bit distracting. I really dislike the scale and functionality of the SSC body on the pilot too. But at this point I expect that, people have reported the same kind of thing with maul too. Still as you said an excellent figure. Now where is armored Veers to join these guys and the incoming snowies??!! If inclined one could make a killer dio with that group.

Nice comparison pics. Your custom looks spot on. Good stuff.

Thanks, Chaka.:duff

Great work Tali! Both figures look terrific, the scale is just a bit distracting. I really dislike the scale and functionality of the SSC body on the pilot too. But at this point I expect that, people have reported the same kind of thing with maul too. Still as you said an excellent figure. Now where is armored Veers to join these guys and the incoming snowies??!! If inclined one could make a killer dio with that group.

Yeah, my custom figure is a touch over 12", so my guess is the SSC Driver is a little over 12 1/2" tall. I've got a bunch of bodies so I'll probably just swap him over, but the bodies just seem to be an ongoing dilemma for SSC (along with human headsculpt apps.)

I did notice the thunder thighs/pear shape on the TIE pilot too in addition to the height problem.

I have a $25 coupon to grab the Jawas, but those have floppy bodies too - Michael Crawford said the bodies got floppy after he'd only been posing them for a while, so even if you think you got away with it right out of the box, the floppiness comes in after use. Really feel like grabbing the Jawas, but you can't swap them to another body, so I think it may be the dealbreaker.:gah:

I do really love the Driver fig though, will post some pics with the mega-cool vintage rifle. And yep, bring on Veers!

I was holding off on this one till he was included In the $25 off coupon group. Checked today and they finally added him... now the question is how long till he goes with free shipping??

I love my marmit. I just swapped the hands for ssc ones and weathered the boots.

Got mine a few days back. It's a great figure and the taiyloring on his uniform is superb by SSC Standards.

Back