Sideshow Imperial AT-AT Driver Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice pics, Jaycepiticon - what camera do you use?:clap

Thanks guys, and I used a Nikon D3100. I don't use it much so I'm still figuring out how to configure settings and use lighting, etc. After waking up and looking at my photos, there's definitely a lot I'd do differently today. I'll try to take better ones for the shots with his weapons later this week.

Great photos Jay. You need this :D
Laws%20AT-AT%20Driver%20helmet%20amp%20armor%2037.jpg

Oh man, you're absolutely right, I do. I'm getting a "WTF" Tie Fighter helmet/armor made now, this would actually be the perfect piece to compliment that...:monkey3

May I ask who made that? And you have a TIE Fighter Pilot bust too, right?

What makes HT 11 3/4 the defining height of a figure?

12" is standard. So I would think a figure of man with a helmet that has a helmet on it as well, seems right at 12.25" :dunno

If it seems to tall, swap the body or bust out the saw.

I quite like the extra height on the Driver. He looks more menacing. :lol

The Sandie might be taller, but the footprints in his stand dictate a wider stance.

What makes HT 11 3/4 the defining height of a figure?

12" is standard. So I would think a figure of man with a helmet that has a helmet on it as well, seems right at 12.25" :dunno

If it seems to tall, swap the body or bust out the saw.
For me, the fact that I now have 18 star wars hot toys and the only sideshow piece I have is r5d4. I really want the scout trooper too but scared that if I stick him next to my stormies he will look ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Oh man, you're absolutely right, I do. I'm getting a "WTF" Tie Fighter helmet/armor made now, this would actually be the perfect piece to compliment that...:monkey3

May I ask who made that? And you have a TIE Fighter Pilot bust too, right?

WTF is good stuff. My 1:1 TIE Pilot bust is SDS and the AT-AT Driver is Laws

These helmeted figures are of characters that were off screen - you didn't see them in the movie. They're 100% accurate in body size/form down to the last mm. Incredible when you think about it. They even got the head under the helmet bang-on. True story.

I can't read your subtitles, can you switch them on?:lol

For me, the fact that I now have 18 star wars hot toys and the only sideshow piece I have is r5d4. I really want the scout trooper too but scared that if I stick him next to my stormies he will look ridiculous.

I think the Scout looks good next to HT Stormtroopers/Sandtroopers.

Look around, no one is the same height. And the OT troops aren't clones. :dunno And ATAT driver goes well with my 60+ SW dollies

Scout is awesome.

But I'm sure HT will do both. eventually.

The only issue with the height on SS figures is if you want them a bit shorter or taller, swapping out ankle pegs for small adjustments isn't as easy.

The SSC Scout is my least favorite trooper, they missed a lot on accuracy on the figure and especially the helmet. But the SSC TIE Pilot is great, and even if tall, I still love it. I'm sure I'll love the AT-AT Driver as well. In the end the new SSC troopers look very cool next to the HT ones. So not to worry there.

A few pics of my own. I don't know all intricate details that might be missing, but like TIE, SS knocked his one out of the park. Everything looks nice. Production wise there are no paint slops, scratches or damage. Body is nice and firm, hold any pose. The soles of the boots can make extreme poses a challenge, but then again this guy just sat on his ass. He also doesn't hold the regular blaster firmly, but who would even think of using that over the tasty exclusive.

at-at_driver_04.jpg

at-at_driver_05.jpg

at-at_driver_06.jpg

at-at_driver_07.jpg

at-at_driver_08.jpg

at-at_driver_09.jpg

Great photos Jay.
As for the figure body, I don't care if it cannot have Spider-man stances, this is a character that had o little action on screen, and still so cool after all this time

When Hot Toys made Catwoman, which was one of my first 1/6 figures, I realized pretty quickly that these things are really just statues that are more durable and have SOME poseability. So I'm fine with limits.

Talk of another wobbly body like I'm hearing about the Jawas bothers me tho.

A few pics of my own. I don't know all intricate details that might be missing, but like TIE, SS knocked his one out of the park. Everything looks nice. Production wise there are no paint slops, scratches or damage. Body is nice and firm, hold any pose......
/QUOTE]

I heartily agree...and great pics!

Just snapped a couple quick shots at work...I'm really impressed...looks great!

The SSC Scout is my least favorite trooper, they missed a lot on accuracy on the figure and especially the helmet. But the SSC TIE Pilot is great, and even if tall, I still love it. I'm sure I'll love the AT-AT Driver as well. In the end the new SSC troopers look very cool next to the HT ones. So not to worry there.

Agreed. And before we had "clones" they were all different heights anyway :)

Received mine today. First thing I noticed are the hoses. I think I need to put it on a hot steam so it will hang properly. At the moment they are defying gravity

Took a couple of new shots tonight...

So glad I picked this one up. Like the clones, Sideshow just keeps making each classic trooper release more impressive than the last. The TIE Pilot is pretty amazing and this one, well...just wow. I'll be getting some nice icy shots with this one in a few months...

Back