Sideshow Imperial AT-AT Driver Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey look... no ear nips. WTF Sideshow? :huh

I talked to Jason Eaton, the artist who painted the AT-AT proto figure for SSC and he told me he will transmit the issues I noticed to SSC reps. It seems SSC indeed changed the helmet (making some parts even less accurate than on the proto), added the forehead silver pimple greeblie (the second issue I mentioned to Jason), but didn't take off the ear cones. Sorry. :(

Anyone know is there's a current Sideshow discount code active?

I think someone said they don't do codes anymore. Bummer if that's true - the $20 off was what made them come back closer to the price they should have been.

I think someone said they don't do codes anymore. Bummer if that's true - the $20 off was what made them come back closer to the price they should have been.

Damn - seriously?! :(

Agreed about the price.

Thanks Tali :hi5:

If anyone else can confirm this 100% - that would be much appreciated.

Looks nice. Improved hips. Looks even taller than the TIE pilot if possible, but that's probably one of those tricks of color with black on white. :)

Damn - seriously?! :(

Agreed about the price.

Thanks Tali :hi5:

If anyone else can confirm this 100% - that would be much appreciated.

Nobody from ssc has officially said whether or not the $20 monthly coupon is dead that I am aware of. But it's been gone for 2 months. I suspect that their bean counters are testing out what impact not having a coupon will have on their business and then proceed accordingly.

Like the tie pilot this guy looks pretty nice albeit a bit too tall. But for some reason the height of the tie pilot bothers me more.

Great review as always!

Is the helmet a slightly lighter grey than the armor? Seems like it in the video.

Minor helmet inaccuracies aside, it's an excellent figure but the two things I really don't like are the height (because it's so tough to fix) and the gloves, which look like they are made of poured concrete that had a clean-up with a chisel. They are also too bulky compared to what the onscreen driver's gloves are.

SSC's gloved hands were always so well done in the past - not sure what's happened. They've messed up the Tusken (too small,) Snowie (oven mitts,) Luke/Han Hoth (oversized, poorly done gauntlets) and now the two pilots (rough sculpts.)

And Khai, the EX rifle is a nod to the Kenner figure. It's the best EX rifle they've done.:clap

Great review as always!

Is the helmet a slightly lighter grey than the armor? Seems like it in the video.

Minor helmet inaccuracies aside, it's an excellent figure but the two things I really don't like are the height (because it's so tough to fix) and the gloves, which look like they are made of poured concrete that had a clean-up with a chisel. They are also too bulky compared to what the onscreen driver's gloves are.

SSC's gloved hands were always so well done in the past - not sure what's happened. They've messed up the Tusken (too small,) Snowie (oven mitts,) Luke/Han Hoth (oversized, poorly done gauntlets) and now the two pilots (rough sculpts.)

And Khai, the EX rifle is a nod to the Kenner figure. It's the best EX rifle they've done.:clap

Yeah a few people have told me about the exclusive rifle. Nice bit of trivia.

For the helmet, I honestly can't tell any difference in the shade of the helmet compared to the body armour. It looks pretty much the same to me.

I thought they upped their prices with the discount in mind. I managed to use the last four on Mondo, but I could see myself using any others on Mezco.

What really vexes me is locally Sideshow now costs $US70+ more than Hot Toys. I would have been all in with Marvel (and even DC), and still grabbing Star Wars (love horror too, but I'm not even going to try anymore) pieces from them. Ever since they broke $150 I've been getting picky. Wanted to get a few snow troopers, a couple scouts, but only stuck with one and there were many of the others I've not even thought about after seeing the price and even factoring the coupon in. Deadpool is the only one beyond $200 I preordered, and this without the discount and knowing HT was coming to possibly put this one into the sale bin.

And I'm a bigger Wolverine/Punisher fan than Deadpool. I might get Lobo though.

One thing I noticed in khai's video was that the paint around the eye lenses didn't seem perfect.

Those imperfections are on the screen-used helmet lenses. It's a surprising attention to detail.

Wow this guy looks great. Sure there are little nit-picks over accuracy, but they seem to be just very small details from what I can tell. Overall it looks perfect. It's expensive though and I don't really want to buy direct from Sideshow if I can help it, but man I want that Hasbro gun.

Back