Sideshow Imperial AT-AT Driver Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. I still find it dumb that the Tie Pilot went up for $10 cheaper within less than a year. Especially considering that the two figures share quite a bit of parts (different colors obviously but still the base parts are pretty much there).

I can't tell what the consensus is here. Is it too expensive or too cheap? I see a few people complaining about pack-ins and price, but I also see a lot of people pre-ordering. Sideshow will see a rash of pre-orders as evidence they priced and packed it well. Maybe too well.

SSC is really trying to milk this. Bare bones figure. HT's pricing without the quality. They are going to be sitting on a lot of their products. Hoth Han and Luke has not sold out. Jango was not a $200 plus figure in terms of quality. I guess SSC is trying to price themselves out of the 1/6 market. I have been collecting their 1/6 figures since 2006. The consistency in quality has not been there. HT's has made mistakes as well, but overall they are a better product. SSC use to sweep the awards at the end of the year. Now it is HT's and other companies.

It is me, or are the wait times between pre-order and release getting higher. I seem to remember it was about a 4 to 6 month wait. Now most things seem to be about 12 months.

A year wait for this?

POed. Good thing is there's no NRD so i may try and cancel/reorder with a coupon in a few months. Saving $20 would help ease the import fees pain.

I preordered. I think it looks amazing and maybe SS is getting a fire under their ass from HT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expensive... But im almost done with the ssc SW line anyway, I have most the characters I want and grail pieces like bike, Tauntaun , probit etc
Just wrapping up the loose ends now

Looks good but for me?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444948878.666178.jpg

Expensive for a character that you never see from the elbow down. Pass

I was going to say, this character really is only good from the chest up. Good for background. But yes, expensive for background.

But this is a future price. Imagine what HT will be charging by Christmas 2016.

In a year $209 is going to be a steal. I bet by the time this is shipped the base price for figures is $250.

You're probably right.

I think SSCs does some good work but it's good, not great. They will sneak one in from time to time like the Snowtrooper, but then they produce figs like the Hoth brothers and worst, Jango. All while the prices are in the Hot Toys stratosphere.

Like mentioned, Hot Toys has their issues but I would venture to guess most folks feel like they have more hits than misses. IMO SSCs has more misses than hits.

You're probably right.

I think SSCs does some good work but it's good, not great. They will sneak one in from time to time like the Snowtrooper, but then they produce figs like the Hoth brothers and worst, Jango. All while the prices are in the Hot Toys stratosphere.

Like mentioned, Hot Toys has their issues but I would venture to guess most folks feel like they have more hits than misses. IMO SSCs has more misses than hits.

I absolutely agree with that statement.

But this is a future price. Imagine what HT will be charging by Christmas 2016.
Its funny, I see people complaining about Hot Toys' pricing often but really to me it's seemed more gradual and really dependent on the popularity of a line/character. For the most part their figures have been hovering in the $220-$230 range since I've been collecting (2012).

Sideshow on the other hand went from a good majority of their figures being under the $200 mark to just about everything being at that price point or over in a quick time span. It seems to have started last year somewhat but has been creeping up more and more this year (as evidenced by the $10 difference in price between this and the Tie Pilot in around nine months).

Back