Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
52fe17029a08a7ab6db17cd503239cbe.jpg

f06f30749f19c820abb618482386b12b.jpg

48869f2629bc236da666386c5030f397.jpg

I'm happy with how Hoth Han and Luke both turned out. And that as with most everyone else we're able to get another two figures with the extra heads. Well done sideshow!

Anyone have this? I can see unpainted side burns on the right side of Han's face. Right side is covered by the cap. Wondering if the head wasn't placed together correctly.

Anyone have this? I can see unpainted side burns on the right side of Han's face. Right side is covered by the cap. Wondering if the head wasn't placed together correctly.

It's the same on my brown and blue. Hadn't noticed it before.

It's those dark arts at work again...

..or it just proves beyond a doubt that the hatless and hatted sculpts are identical.

Hmm, I can see it on the left side too if I shine a flashlight in there. Surprised they couldn't get both sides covered. I was definitely noticing that Han's right side had more of the face exposed.

I really like this holster compared to the Bespin Han one (other than the leg strap), but has anyone else noticed that it doesn't have all the "greeblies" that the Bespin Han's has? Just empty pouches...or did I get a bad one?

Found another strange thing, seems to be a crack in the cap of Han, seen it on other ones too, so don't think it's just mine or necessarily an error. You can see it through the goggles on the right side of the cap.

Found another strange thing, seems to be a crack in the cap of Han, seen it on other ones too, so don't think it's just mine or necessarily an error. You can see it through the goggles on the right side of the cap.

Mine has it too. Crack right across the hat.

I'm probably breaking the new code of conduct rules by saying the QC on these figures is very poor.

Yep, mine has the crack, but a bit less than what TonTon's is. My guess is the goggles are tight and will crack the visor all the way across on everyone's figures.

Is it just the paint coating that has cracked or the plastic itself? Mine is only cracked about a third of the way so isn't wide enough to tell. Would be weird for the plastic to crack.

Unfortunately though Luke's visor needs a repaint to make it whiter (thereby covering any cracks) Han's visor seems to be that off-white color in the movie so doesn't need a repaint. Who knows, Maybe Luke's visor will do the same thing.

They really got a lot of mileage out of the parts for these two figures (same boots, same pants, same cap, goggles?, binoculars). Maybe the cap was made more for the size of Luke's head and Han's is a little bigger and puts pressure there. I don't think Luke's has a crack, but it's always covered with a scarf so it wouldn't really matter anyhow.
I'm probably breaking the new code of conduct rules by saying the QC on these figures is very poor.
How could you even think a thing like that, let alone say it? :lol

I hope anybody can comment, I see several pics of Bespin Han with the Hoth head, what would be a good body to use for this, considering the neck peg? I have seen the banner body in previous pics but I am not sure what the others used. Other than the Banner body is there any Hot Toys body that can be used?
Thank you

It's interesting that they included a new and improved Bespin jacket and shirt, yet the Bespin pants weren't included. The pair from the bungled Bespin Han could really use an upgrade. They are cut to fit the old Buck body and hug the hips too tightly.

Has anyone set up Han with this look? Hoth coat open over Bespin outfit.
Review_HanSoloEchoBaseOutfitTVC_stillA.jpg

Review_HanSoloEchoBaseOutfitTVC_stillB.jpg

The costume snow coat has a white lining that is pretty visible in places, the SSC coat does not.

It's interesting that they included a new and improved Bespin jacket and shirt, yet the Bespin pants weren't included. The pair from the bungled Bespin Han could really use an upgrade. They are cut to fit the old Buck body and hug the hips too tightly.

They're also not quite dark enough and the side stripes are as inaccurate (ie too few stripes) as the Hasbro pants.

Has anyone set up Han with this look? Hoth coat open over Bespin outfit.
Review_HanSoloEchoBaseOutfitTVC_stillA.jpg

Review_HanSoloEchoBaseOutfitTVC_stillB.jpg

Also, anyone still convinced the coat was brown, you can clearly see a contrast in color between the coat and the pants. The coat is obviously blue. :nana:

That would be a pretty cool alternate look for Han. At least if we had some properly dark brown pants to go with it, and not the crappy Sideshow ones.

It's a shame there's no one out there making custom SW outfits like we see with other movie characters here. Would love to see a proper Bespin outfit or Leia Hoth outfit set.

Back