Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 169395

Pic from Timothy E. Bell aka Fiddlestyx

Still way Better than ....

Bespin_Han_Solo_l-Sideshow.jpg

That is a better head...strange...the eyes are still off....too big...but the rest of the face / chin / lips / cheeks are 80's Harrison Ford...maybe if we blindfold him...his eyes won't stare into our eyes and through the back of our heads....

I think in hand it will be pretty good. After the Hot Toys Robocop armor color issues with photos, I don't really trust a figure until I see it in hand...I almost cancelled him because he was so silver...and in hand he is blue like he should be.

The latest shot of both heads side by side looks fine to me, I'm really pleased with the way this figure has turned out, it definitely looks like Harrison Ford to me, best sculpt of him yet. Maybe the eyes are a little on the large side but compared to Nathan Drake it's nowhere near as much of an issue.
My biggest bugbear is the hatless head's hair, why do Sideshow do cheap skate things like this, it's okay but not great considering the money this figure costs, if HT did it they'd at least make a better job of it. It's not a deal breaker for me but it looks a little bit like he's wearing a different hat !.

I cancelled this. Lets be honest here. This is $200. For this kind of money, I expect to see Harrison Ford, not his cousin or sibling, or Harrison high on drugs. If you are now going to charge a lot more, give us more. SSC is not delivering. I have been with SSC since Jedi Luke. Can't blame the prices on oil. Sure the license costs money, but come on. This kind of production quality was acceptable when they were under $100. Not now. The wait until you see it in hand is not a good thing either, because if I do not like it, I have to pay to ship this back. Too many other companies doing better work. SSC is not stepping up on their game, but wants to charge like it. I have supported SSC more than most, but not now. I can at least be honest. And no, I do not support HT's either, if their product is not up to par. We are paying too much for this crap and I am not going to support it any longer. I want a great Han, I am not going to settle. Tired of throwing money away.

Glad you're happy. I'm happy i cancelled. At these prices 'pretty happy' doesn't cut it. I've seen lesser known companies deliver better humanlike sculpts. I know SSC is trying but although the eyes themselves look like good eyes, the technique does not work! Imagine when someone walked up to you and looked at you like that. It would creep me out! It has no life to it. Just a blank and creepy stare. Where is the personality? What if you have a whole set of SSC figs on your shelve with this ugly system, staring at you. Would wake me up at night! Plus if you're into making small scenes from the films, how would you go about it? They would just stare in stead living in that scene.

I still support SSC, have 2 scouts and the bike up for preorder. For the future i'll keep away from human characters. Too bad, was hoping for new indy characters like mola ram, tlc characters etc. Will keep an eye out and will keep hoping for simply painted eyes WITH eyelids.

Pretty happy with these pics, even if there's a wonky eye here or there.:lol

hans%203-XL.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I certainly will give it a go, hopefully the HT head will be fantastic, we deserve a decent Ford sculpt at this stage. :lol

solo_zps0fed321c.jpg

Wow. Actually looks like a real human rather than a caricature in Hoth gear. While the HT Han sculpt may not be spot on Ford it's still the best looking so far.

Back