Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As usual bad photography can make stuff look very weird. So if you like the good photos you are probably going to be happy.

View attachment 169317

Personally I don't think it looks particularly good even in the photos taken by someone who should actually be allowed to own a camera, but these latest up close pictures are a joke, nothing more.

Picture stolen from: Anna Wu Photography » San Francisco Wedding Photographer | Fine Art Meets Photojournalism » focal length

Great post! Thanks for that. If you're going to cancel, at least cancel because you think Han looks bad in the GOOD photos.

That focal length chart above should be must-read material prior to joining Freaks.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Wor-Gar again.

:rotfl Absolutely!:clap

It's too bad trusted photographers like OMG don't do SS reviews. Hot Toys would never put their toys in the hands of an amateur with an iPhone. Too much damage can be done.

I'm waiting until I have this in-hand before I make my decision.

Last edited:
There are obviously some irrational defenders of SSC and Hot Toys here, and God bless them. But I think the majority are willing to call a spade a spade, and just want to buy the best Han out there. Unfortunately, you've got to pick your poison in cases like this, where both SSC and HT figures have some pretty major issues with the sculpts. It's possible that none of the in-hand SSC pics are giving off a good impression, but I thought the pics by paramour were very well done, and still the face looks very wonky. You can hide the eyes in shadow and it looks great, but. . .and HT looks, at best, like Solo's stunt double, though I'm sure the production sculpt will be more or less what you see on the prototype.

There are obviously some irrational defenders of SSC and Hot Toys here, and God bless them. But I think the majority are willing to call a spade a spade, and just want to buy the best Han out there. Unfortunately, you've got to pick your poison in cases like this, where both SSC and HT figures have some pretty major issues with the sculpts. It's possible that none of the in-hand SSC pics are giving off a good impression, but I thought the pics by paramour were very well done, and still the face looks very wonky. You can hide the eyes in shadow and it looks great, but. . .and HT looks, at best, like Solo's stunt double, though I'm sure the production sculpt will be more or less what you see on the prototype.

No Han Solo for you.

image.jpg
revise: after having this figure about 4 weeks.
ive gone off his face, ive decided to covering it up with is googles and scarf.
The antennas always seem to drop off and the gun belt is really loose
around his leg but i still love it

It doesn't explain how Solo has eyelids out of The Evil Dead though.

No, I know, this Han sucks for many reasons beyond photography. But that chart is good anyway for almost every comment on head sculpts based on a photo. Look at that girl's chin and how it narrows based on focal length... and think of how many times you've read "the chin is too narrow" on this forum.

Very nice! I have the Probe Droid so I was going to pose them together. Still not sure I'll be getting the tauntaun, but doubtful.

That's quite a badass display, James. :) :rock

Sucks about the belt & antenna issues you're having. The antennas are faling off the device, or the whole thing is falling out of his hands?

Back