Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting way they did the ankle articulation:

SDCC_2013_Sideshow_Collectibles_Star_Wars_Wed-015.jpg

The top piece may end up being soft bendable plastic and glued to the foot.

The foot is definitely a separate piece. Those flaps that wrap around the calf and lower leg are just sitting on top and also cover the ankle joint. I think we're going to get good ankle articulation with these.

Wow, thought there would be alot of good discussion going on about this awesome figure and instead its petty arguments cause some of us want a blue coat as the Ex.

I personally don't care what color references or slides someone finds on the net. Did anyone throw a fit over the Snowtroopers Ex rifle? :lol

The blue coat is part of the mythos regardless of what effect caused it to be blue. I'll pick up a jacket to dye no matter what.

This Han is another Trevor masterpiece. I can't wait to get this on the shelf.
As for the jacket's appearance in the film, as some know, all film is color graded. That's not just light effects on set, there are tints that help define mood. A movie like Traffic is a good example, where some scenes are bathed in gold tones to enhance your notions of Mexico while others are darker to signal a different vibe. The matrix perhaps unwittingly began the now annoying trend of green tint with orange skin tones that seem to be the ongoing look of sci Fi these days.
Empire's Hoth scenes are no different in that since Han's coat was a mixture if colors, the grading pushed the overall scheme towards blue. This helps the scenes appear frigid and also warmed the skin tones because orange is of a complimentary value. All said, I far prefer to emulate what I read onscreen as blue to what a traveling exhibit displays as accurate. But that's why there are horse races.
Getting back to the sculpts, I think they are absolutely crushing. Sideshow has definately upped the anti.

Nathan

This has been one of the best showing at SDCC in years. Batman and Robin. Han and Luke. I'll be ordering both dynamic duos.

I'm not a '66 Batman fan, but those figures are a fun release. If I had loads of space, I'd pick-up that Batmobile, though. Agreed it's been a great SDCC, too.

Wow, thought there would be alot of good discussion going on about this awesome figure and instead its petty arguments cause some of us want a blue coat as the Ex.

I personally don't care what color references or slides someone finds on the net. Did anyone throw a fit over the Snowtroopers Ex rifle? :lol

The blue coat is part of the mythos regardless of what effect caused it to be blue. I'll pick up a jacket to dye no matter what.

With any luck, the exclusive will be the right coat.

Well...I guess if this is the best Sideshow has to offer, what can we do? Sideshow really screwed the pooch on this one.

No snow effects on the uniform.

:monkey3

Last edited:
It takes about 5 minutes to get decent looking light snow on any figure. Spend 30 minutes and you can have something that looks really great. And at the same time, people who don't want snow are good from the start.

Snowless is best for versatility, even though it looks slightly odd posing such a figure on the Tauntaun which does have snow mixed/painted into the fur sculpt.

Back