Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you like your red herring fried or baked?

If you didn't see the film in its original run, then you've never seen it in its original state. It doesn't much matter how it looks in any other incarnation. Because in star Wars, Darth Vader had a widow's peak and a rougher looking costume. Han Solo shot Greedo in cold blood. The Rebo band had three members, Anakin's ghost was old, and Han's Hoth jacket was blue. We're not talking about changes between films. We're talking about changes to the films themselves, for whatever reason.

If you never saw it, you're missing an indispensable appendage for remaining upright.

:lecture:exactly: The first release of ANH didn't say Episode IV A New Hope in the crawl. Lookus has been tampering with the films since Day 1.

sing an indispensable appendage for remaining upright.

There's something clearly wrong between your ears friend. I'm just not sure if it's restricted to your eyeballs or what's behind them. I've seen all thee OT movies in their original runs (multiple times) and in their special edition releases (multiple times). In theater, on VHS, on laser disc, on DVD and on blu ray. I hope I've had to write this for the last time and it sinks in there somehow.

:lecture:exactly: The first release of ANH didn't say Episode IV A New Hope in the crawl. Lookus has been tampering with the films since Day 1.

No kidding. You mention that like it's news to anyone. Most of the Star Wars mythos, including much back story was created AFTER THE FACT - any SW fan knows this.

So you did see it. I didn't read that until after I posted. What exactly is wrong with my ability to perceive the world? My lack of agreement with your recollections? I have yet to hear you invoke a direct recollection, other then the VHS which is not much. 99% of your argument has been aged props, old stills, and supposition that those who recall blue must be in the throes of some irrational bias.

But you still think it was brown. And we're just dumb. Whatever.

Last edited:
Hasbro-Ad-Does-Hoth-Han-Solo-Wear-A-Blue-Coat-or-Brown-Coat-e1364593866845.jpg

But you did see it. And you still think it was brown.

Because I was not blind? Because it was obviously brown in scenes you could tell weren't artificially making it seem blueish? I say "blueish" because in no scene does it look "blue" - Lando was wearing BLUE.

Summer 1980 and winter 1982 (some 5 times total). Then for the umpteenth time in the special edition flavor in 1997 (along with the other two movies, twice each).

You know, this whole coat thing is not a conspiracy. I just kind of assumed that everyone else could tell that the coat appeared blue-ish when there was BLUE LIGHTING in the same scene.

Do you guys think that in part of the color correction for the special editions that someone went in to change the coat from blue to brown in every scene? Limiting the true correction only to other parts of the scene while repainting only the coat? For what purpose?

What exactly is wrong with my ability to perceive the world?

No, what is wrong with your ability to read the thread? That's what I was referring to, because I've mentioned multiple times that I've seen all the movies in their original runs which you conveniently ignore every time you post. You also ignore the word of people involved in the production, official position of LF, lighting 101...

I'm not trying to convince you of anything except that I did see the original releases. I know the coat appeared blue in some scenes so I don't doubt you saw that either. You can have a very easy win with regards to these new SSC products. Skip Han or get to modding.

dose anyone know if there is anymore reveals like any dioramas this year, or any more bad guys, ( from the original trilogy of course)......Biker scout......AT AT driver....General Veers.

No, what is wrong with your ability to read the thread? That's what I was referring to, because I've mentioned multiple times that I've seen all the movies in their original runs which you conveniently ignore every time you post.

Maybe I just have a hard time noticing that you've said something. All I heard was VHS Blu-Ray SE. That's why I asked.

Maybe I just have a hard time noticing that you've said something. All I heard was VHS Blu-Ray SE. That's why I asked.

I didn't mention VHS on its own, nor SE once. They were always prefaced by the fact I watched all the originals theatrically. See, if you can only get part of a short sentence, why should anyone trust your perceptions as a 6 year old having watched ESB?

Dude.. you make friends wherever you go. :lol

The funny thing is at the end of the day I don't really give a rat's a55 what color Sideshow used for the coat as long as the whole release is solid. What gets my goat a bit is the lame-duck arguments I see from some people that choose not to read nor comprehend anything else anyone says. Otherwise I don't really care for heated wastes of time. ;)

Well pixelpiper, you're kind of a windbag, and it's rarely worth enduring a full post.

That said, I couldn't see how anyone could think the coat was brown and have seen the film in its theatrical runs. When I saw it, which was before I owned figures, the coat was blue. And I was 5. And your estimate of my memory skills is moot. I am aware of the quality of my recall. I know what I saw. You're pretty much whistling Dixie as far as I'm concerned.

But you are free to whistle what you like. The coat will still be blue.

I really hope they change the color of Han's coat to blue...it was never ever brown. :monkey3 Blue and brown are pretty easy to tell apart. :monkey1

Back