Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.. Brown coat looks better.

I am not using the review photos to make that determination. If I were, I'd agree with you. Absolutely some of the worst pics, they over exaggerate the figure flaws. For my money the only decent pose is hood up using shadows to hide the eyes.....hmmmm does make me wonder why I buying it :rotfl

I don't think I want brown or blue anymore. I want bluwn or brue.

Did you see Para's pic where he lit the brown so it looked blue?

Edit

Actually it was Stealth V3teran. Not quite blue but getting there.

11004603_950419531636328_3097912261092918652_o.jpg

DSC_2877batman.jpg

That can go both ways. Too pale and it looks faded. To bright and it looks garish.

My gold standard is somewhere between on screen and Kenner. So far, I've seen it fall all over that spectrum, and beyond. If I have to choose one evil over the other, I'll take excess saturation.

On the other hand, the brown does nothing for me. Still a far cry from the on screen hue.
Well put mate, well put.

Still waiting for pics of the Bespin outfit bash folks.. :impatient:

...the review photos...Absolutely some of the worst pics, they over exaggerate the figure flaws.

We must allow for the possibility that Joey Paur could well be partially sighted.

Joey Paur said:
...the fully articulated figure features a couple of perfectly sculpted heads of Ford from the movie.

The photos give you a good idea of what this figure is like...

But here comes the big disclaimer:

Joey Paur said:
...but only until you are actually holding it in your hands and playing around with it can you get a full appreciation of the awesomeness that Sideshow and its artists have created.

Yeah, he could still be partially sighted.

The funniest remark comes from the comments section at the bottom of the page:

Joseph Crook said:
Yeah.... something's not right with the face

Really? You think so? :lol

That's not the same sculpt. Different eyebrows, nostrils, mouth, overall shape of the face...

All of it is a colossal step down from what was shown before.
It does appear very different, but I don't think the sculpt was changed. We've seen with several recent SSC figures (including Drake and Superman) that their (vinyl?) heads get distorted either coming out of the mold, or when the casts settle. You can get a closer approximation of the prototype with the production sculpt, but you have to mod it by heating and re-shaping it. But there's less you can do about the wonky eye holes.

The brown fits the rest of the outfit better, but blue is how peps remember their toyz!
Blue is also screen accurate, so there's that.

I don't want Fish Solo...I want this one...I thought this was the "PRODUCTION" figure...I don't have a Han Solo in my collection, I want a nice one, he is a nice guy, ...except for that one instance of shooting first...

View attachment 169327

Back