Sideshow high end StarWars maquette's??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would cost us more than $550 if SS put a few more hundred dollars into making thier PF's.I wasn't talking about raising the price to $550 I was thinking more like $700 to $800 price range.It's a liitle odd that this thread was posted to talk about higher end maquette's and here we are talking about PF's??

SS makes the best PF's already and sure they could be better if they where at that range but very few of us would have any of them or our collections would be 1-2 pieces. 2 pieces would be 1400-1600 at that price I can get 4-5 of what really are just super quality pieces at their current prices. No need to go to that level unless its an absolute must on a piece. There are no maquettes though at that range other than say Attakus which really aren't Maquettes. Heck even SS maquettes in the Marvel line aren't in the $700-800 range.

since when does higher price mean better quality? imo, attakus has great stuff but is so not worth the price. they definitely have a much smaller market share than ss, most likely because of the limited u.s. dealers and the big pricetag.

since when does higher price mean better quality? imo, attakus has great stuff but is so not worth the price. they definitely have a much smaller market share than ss, most likely because of the limited u.s. dealers and the big pricetag.

I only find their Armored figures to look good. IMO their other ones look like crap. Take the Gamorean Guard for example. Who would pay that price for that?

SS makes the best PF's already and sure they could be better if they where at that range but very few of us would have any of them or our collections would be 1-2 pieces. 2 pieces would be 1400-1600 at that price I can get 4-5 of what really are just super quality pieces at their current prices. No need to go to that level unless its an absolute must on a piece. There are no maquettes though at that range other than say Attakus which really aren't Maquettes. Heck even SS maquettes in the Marvel line aren't in the $700-800 range.

Yeah,I would only buy a couple of must have pieces as anyways,Vader and Maul.If they get the price down to marvel level then that would be great! But we are talking StarWars here so.

Why doesn't Sideshow make any high end StarWars maquette's??

Because they've stated from the beginning that they specialize in cheap toys. I don't know how many hours I've spent pretending that the mouth of 1:1 Bossk is the Sarlacc Pit while I feverishly pound the Luke and Boba Fett PF's against each other as they battle to the death above it.

Chavez is here to do nothing but stir the pot. Many of you keep buying into to his act.....very sad.

7147.jpg

Darth Vader Bronze Statue
Bronze Statue
Item Number: 7147
Manufactured by: Sideshow Collectibles
Price: US $5000.00

I'd call this pretty high end........

The comment was,I would like to see some StarWars maquette's with the same quality as the Sideshow/ADI Alien and Predator maquette's.I would definitely find those pieces of higher quality.I never related Attakus or any other company that doesn't collaborate with SS to what I was referring to.

I doubt there is much of a market for a $800 1/4th maquette when you can get $350 ones that are pretty darn good.

How can you say that?? SS is producing Alien and Predator Maquette's.There would most certainly be a market for StarWars one's.I know a lot of you guys like your PF's but c'mon,there's definitely a market out there for a more expensive,better quality statue/maquette than a PF.

Back