Sideshow going with Adam Hughes' Mara Jade

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookilar8

Super Freak
Reaction score
So here is the Mada Jade look Sideshow will being trying to replicate, courtesy of Adam Hughes. I hope for all formats.

Mara_Jade-Adam_Hughes.jpg

While I think Adam Hughes' work is incredible, I find that sculpts based on actual humans look much more realistic than those just done from imagination so I hope they use a real model.

I definitely want a 1/6 Mara to go with my Luke. I don't really know how a 1/6 can be based on art, unless they mean that will be her outfit. I also hope they don't make her boobs ridiculously huge.

I don't mind them doing a Adam Hughes Maquette but if they are doing a PF or a 1/6 I would prefer it to be based on the model.

There was something about the live model that didn't seem to fit the character. As such, I am OK with a Adam Hughes interpretation.

I can think of two reasons they won't be doing a 1/6.

I see them starting yet another Star Wars line, 1/6 scale polystone statues designed by Adam Hughes.

I guess it was pretty much confirmed by SS at Comic Con that there will be a Mara Jade Premium Format based on that AH sketch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2qeOGoaoRo

In a Q&A last year they said that a 1/6 Scale Mara would not be coming before 2012 when they have a new female body.

So hopefully the PF will preorder before next Comic Con.

Guess the exclusive will be that AH print.

Btw, here the full response from yesterdays Q&A:

Friday, January 14th, 2011

I’m more than thrilled to hear the news that a Mara Jade will be released in some format in 2011, but I’m curious as to what “the format” will base her look off of. Will it be Mara Jade in her Emperor’s Hand attire, her smugglers look with the white head wrap, as Arica in a slave girl outfit, with her Han Solo-like jacket from her days as a Jedi Apprentice with Kyle Katarn… what? I guess more importantly for me is whether you will be basing her look off of Lucasfilm’s official model/actress, Shannon McRandle? Personally, Shannon’s photos never looked attractive to me and there have been many artists’ illustrations before and after Shannon’s inclusion that better captured Mara’s descriptions from Timothy Zahn’s books.

We are greatly inspired by our dear friend Adam Hughes, master of bringing luscious, lovely ladies to life in living color. We suggest a quick Google search to find Adam’s interpretation of Mara Jade, which is the primary reference for our piece.

Leave a rating or comment »

marajadebyadamhughes.jpg

In my book that's the hottest looking Mara Jade ever.

Bring on the Preorder.

Last edited:
The problem with most EU caracters is that there is no reall version of the caracter. Like Mara Jade. If I think of her I see this picture in my mind
Mara_Jade.jpg

But there are so many interpetations of the caracter that there never will be a defined version that everyone likes... :dunno

But there are so many interpetations of the caracter that there never will be a defined version that everyone likes... :dunno

True...but you can’t please all of the people all of the time.

Personally I'm very happy that SS is going with the AH's interpretation of Mara Jade. :)

I just hope that the sculpt will be just as good as the artwork.

Back