Sideshow GODZILLA Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started a seperate thread for the Statue so we've got plenty of room to poop on Pilkys Maquette pictures on Monday :monkey3

Seriously, hope it looks better in person.

Looking at the Pacific Rim statues, it would be cool to see Godzilla in water, would compensate for the feet inaccuracies.

I never cared for the maquette base, the mix of a debris top with a side look more fit for a Terminator piece.

While I'd welcome and environmental base, I lile the Godzilla logo from the film and the red against his color reminds me of the Mondo SDCC poster and I love the combo of greys and red.

View attachment 196229

MaulFan yeah dude, I agree, and **** that picture right there would make a sick statue.

MaulFan yeah dude, I agree, and **** that picture right there would make a sick statue.

godzilla-rubble.jpg

Ok, seems like photo angles really hurt the proportion perception on this piece, is the head still too big, a little, but not as bad as most shots make it look, this looks stunning.

san-diego-comic-con-2015-sideshow-collectibles-044.jpg

san-diego-comic-con-2015-sideshow-collectibles-045.jpg

Film Accurate or Not... this is the best looking Godzilla 2014 I have seen... X - Plus is nice but very basic.. I love this pose. I love that his arms are not dead at his sides. That he is ready for a fight..

Price will be a big factor for me..

Yeah. To make it worse the big red "staples" base looks very bad. That and the lack of film accuracy just kill the new small zilla.

As a stylized statue that captures the spirit of the 2014 Godzilla, I really like it. In some ways, I like it better than the actual film design. If it's not a rip off, I will pick it up.

I agree with Godzillaspawn... Its a great stylized version that is actually an improvement in the film version.

I think this new statue looks really awesome and not that the maquette doesnt look good, but that price tag easily puts me out. With everything else I have on order, this one Im sure will be a little easier to stomach price wise Im sure since it seems to be smaller.

Impressive, the closer this gets to reality. The G 2014 maquette may lack something in coloring and fine detail, but it has sheer dramatic presence going for it. Size and the glorious melodrama of the pose may make it hard for G fans to resist once they see happy collectors with the damn thing.

Still not feeling it. In all fairness, though, the photo isn't exactly a magazine cover. Really eager to get some high-res photos. Crack out the DSLRs and get at it, people!

Impressive, the closer this gets to reality. The G 2014 maquette may lack something in coloring and fine detail, but it has sheer dramatic presence going for it. Size and the glorious melodrama of the pose may make it hard for G fans to resist once they see happy collectors with the damn thing.

It's $800 though. For that price shouldn't it have a better paint application and that fine detail that's missing?

I guess we can decide for ourselves whether the good outweighs the bad by checking out the effect it has in the homes of actual collectors. Either we'll want this monster in our midst or we'll decide the price is too high for a more-or-less monochromatic statue. In terms of psychological impact, I'll say this: the maquette has the austere aura of something you might see on display in a natural history museum. It is so melodramatically imposing it continues to intrigue me, even with an avalanche of complaints leveled against it pre-arrival. Photos of it in the real world with real owners will decide, but even this recent picture had me going "hmmm... maybe." 11249352_1616476218599363_1750196417_n.jpg

It seems like they did vary his coloration, but probably the paint used only really shows differences in certain light, happens sometimes. NECA's Godzilla's have a faint blue wash on them, in most lighting I can never see it on mine but in the right lighting it's almost too strong. In Sideshow's studio lighting there's hardly any tonal range to him.

I think my big issue with maquette vs statue is the overall he shapes, I feel like the maquette is a tad too narrow around the cheeks where they.

I received my Godzilla Maquette today. The box is pretty huge, but not excessively heavy. The box is cool. He comes in two pieces. The base and the body. I wanted to see how much Godzilla weighed, so I weighed myself, then I weighed myself holding Godzilla. He's around ten pounds. The base feels kind of cheap. It feels like a rubbery type plastic. Godzilla feels more dense, but he's probably the same material. Godzilla does look like he was sprinkled with powder, a bit. His head also seems glossy, but not the body. The sculpt is awesome, but the paint...not so much. Get a pro paint job on this and, IMO, it's a ten. Worth $800? I look at it like this. If I saw it at a store, in person, would I pay that price? No. AM I sending it back? Undecided, but leaning on keeping it.

I didn't have a lot of time to take photos today, but I wanted to get some up because I said I would. I shot these in low light and there's a small yellowish tinge in the photos. I didn't have time to color correct them. I actually didn't want to put them up, but then I said I would, so here they are...

Also, I took a shot of the bottom of the tail, where the seam is. It's not noticeable at all.

iiZlOgm.jpg
w0pJUDN.jpg
GapXNfF.jpg
dSKxXJb.jpg
bcP6jxJ.jpg
i7aqisM.jpg
VEepqO5.jpg
tlT7Gal.jpg
kcNCdlQ.jpg
CasViU8.jpg
79TaOwn.jpg
7SImL11.jpg
x9bCnir.jpg

Thanks for the pics and honest first thoughts Pilky.
Nothing worse than receiving a piece and being undecided if to keep or not. For the $ involved you should be more than happy.

Gotta say I really hate the feet. Paint, as expected, looks very bland.

Back